Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 10:34 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Well ladies, Saturday's weight held somewhat true. At WI this morning I have officially lost 9 lbs. I'm so happy. I love Fitday, it is helping me accomplish my goal. I feel better today than yesterday. Yesterday I was so depressed about the truck I did very little. Today is a new day and I know that it will all work out somehow. God knows how and it isn't for me to worry about. So I hope all of you are doing well and staying OP. I love all of you. Have a great day.

Old 06-24-2003, 10:58 AM   #17  
BELIEVE!

WAY TO GO AMANDA!!!!!

Old 06-24-2003, 01:14 PM   #18  

YAYYYYYYY AMANDA!!!!

We are coming into a hot spell here in Southwestern PA; today alone has been declared an Ozone Action Day.

Brace yourselves, all....I am ACTUALLY WEARING SHORTS! Talk about getting brave !

I'm really watching myself closely this week with the food and activity, and I will agree with Amanda that Fitday is a lifesaver! If you all haven't tried it yet, I recommend it as well. It keeps me honest, as well as gives me a ballpark figure on how many carbs, fats, proteins, etc I have consumed and what needs work.

OK, now I have something else to wonder about, and thank goodness I have a doctor appointment next Wednesday (July 2) for my 3 month checkup, because outside of a little spotting over the weekend, my TOM is late. I wonder if it could be....

1. Stress? It's been a nutty month after all.

2. The eating plan? Maybe, but I do make a point of making sure I get enough of the proper food and activity daily since March.

3. Early menopause? I am 41, it is a thought.

4. Possible case scenario....pregnant?

Hopefully, by next week, I will start it....
Old 06-24-2003, 05:09 PM   #19  
BELIEVE!

Hi All -
Boy, it's quiet around here today. I hope you are all having a great day. I am about to call it quits with work and run some errands and get on the treadmill - way to hot to walk outside today! I don't think my dogs would even want to go.

Andria - Happy to hear that Curves is working out well for you. I have been considering it, but I wish it was closer to my house. For now I will probably continue working out at home and hoping one opens up closer. As for following a particular diet - I am not. I am counting calories and trying to eat low-fat with a reasonable amount of carbs each day. I try to eat around 1600 calories a day with under 175 carbs. I drink a lot of water and watered down ice tea. I write down everything I eat. I do not attend Weight Watchers, but a friend gave me some books so I do count points as a guideline along w/ calories. I try to exercise for 30 min in the morning and at least 30 in the evening. Usually walking, doing pilates or an exercise video. The past month has not been great for me due to traveling and having a hard time getting exercise in my daily plan, but overall it's been pretty good for me. I just realized after many years that I can't follow a specific program.
Sorry for going on and on....

Lori - I'm with you on the HOT weather. We now have excessive heat warnings in our area. Thank goodness for air conditioning!!! Wear those shorts and wear them proudly!!! hmmmm....possibility of pg? I would be running to the store for a test if there was a chance. You do have a lot of possibilities on your list! I'm sure all will be fine!

I have my yearly visit this Friday. I put it off too long and I really need to talk to my dr. We've just been trying way to long to get pregnant with no luck. Hubby is getting tested next week and he is not at all thrilled about that! I basically told him "tough" - he doesn't have to go to the Dr. and put his legs in stirups. Okay - enough of a visual and way too much info! I know you all understand!!!

Well, I am going to run out to Lowes for some more painting supplies. See you later!
Barb
Old 06-24-2003, 07:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies,

Its a swampy day in the midwest. Looks like summer is here full tilt. The humidity is awful. I don't think Bear and I will walk as long tonight. He's so big, I don't think he can take it without overheating.

Not much new today. DH brought lunch over and we went to his mom's to eat and see her. DH made a wonderful salad to go with lean ham, string cheese and a pickle. His blood sugar tonight was well under a 100. He's making cornish hens, green beans and broccoli for dinner tonight.

His doc called and said that if his sugar doesn't improve within the next two months, he'll put him on insulin. That shook DH up. Well, he's been in denial for five years and relied on the pills - maybe this will wake him up that he needs to participate in this as well. This is only day 2 of the south beach - I really hope this helps him and is something he will want to live with.

Barb - I have a bathroom that I want painted. Got the paint and everything - just no ambition! Want to come do mine? Have fun - I love transforming a room with new paint.

Lori - For the longest time, I avoided shorts too. Then at some point, I decided that it was ridiculous and no turning back. Go girl! Yikes, about possibly being pregnant. Maybe just the stress. I agree - run out and buy a test.

Amanda - for such a great loss. Sorry to hear about the truck. Those things never come at a good time. Yes, we're supposed to give our worries up to God and he will take care of us in his way. Keep your chin up and keep working hard!

Andria - Me too with having trouble getting out of bed. I'm blaming it on the bad air quality and summer allergies. Your success with Curves is very inspiring. Go girl!

Mary - Blueberries, yummm! Do you live in the country? My dad used to do stupid stuff like that with the mower too. Mom finally resorted to steel rods inserted by her new plants. Sometimes they can't help being morons.

2Cute - How's the packing and cleaning? With all you've been doing lately, you're entitled to be lazy on replies! That's really cool about your daughter's trip. I never had the funds or the nerve to do that when I was her age.

Kat - Yuck, you have even worse heat than we do. Enjoy graduation! You SIL is someone to admire for her strength and determination. Enjoy your visit with her too.

Thin - Whatcha reading? I'm reading an Oprah book club book - House of Sand and Fog. Pretty good. on your loss too! Well, only a guy would come up with a remote controlled cooler. But what fun for your son to get to work on it.

Tina - How's the walking with the hubby? I never did like walking with weights let alone ankle weights. Tell him its too hard on the joints.

Sandy - How's the food going this week?

Michelle - Did you check out the SB diet any further? I'm thinking of buying the book for more menus and recipes. I need to get the stuff for the lemon ricotta dessert. I also need to find something else for breakfast too.

I think that catches me up. Hopefully, I haven't missed anyone. Have a great evening and tomorrow!
Old 06-24-2003, 08:22 PM   #21  
I'm on my way!

Hey Terri, I was thinking of buying the book too. I just bought some ricotta cheese on sale! In fact, I JUST got home from the store and put the stuff away. I just picked up a few things to get us through the week. We pretty much cleaned the fridge out before we left for vacation so its slim pickins right now. I ordered a salad at work today and paid $7 with tax and tip for delivery...I'm way more practical then that!! So figured I better hit the store tonight. I am going to try the ricotta with the cocoa powder in it. I can't remember what the lemon one had...I know there is a lime one too. I could eat ricotta cheese right straight from the container...I love it! I am going to try and do the no carb thing but I now it wouldn't work for me for very long...but hey, I have to give it a shot and if I feel better than more power to it maybe it will motivate me to really cut back on them...

Well guys, as far as the 14th thats out for me...I just started that new job yesterday and can't be asking for time off already! I can do the 19th no problem...its a saturday right? Tina...what part of PA/NJ are you going through? Or should I say what route will you be travelling? If its rt. 95 then you will be driving right on by me or if its the pa or jersey turnpike let me know...the pa turnpike is just about 4 miles from my house!

SOrry I can't post to everyone...but I need to get ready for work tomorrow and make lunches. I am working the 7:30 to 4:00 shift...aint that cool!! I have to get up at 5:30 and have Andrew up by 6 so we can leave by 645. I like getting out early...

At Andrew's daycare they feed him breakfast and lunch so if he doesn't eat here at least I know he is getting fed! He hasn't been eating much lately. Wish that were me!

OK gotta run...TTFN Love you guys! Michelle
Old 06-24-2003, 09:53 PM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys.... wish I had time to post... but just walked in the door from running allllll day. Started off this morning at the new house for all of the inspectors to come check out the new house before we buy. They all said the house is in GREAT shape.
Then my daughter and I ran around all day going to The Parade of Homes we have going on here. I can't afford any of those homes ... all $375,000 and UP. BUT I can steal their decorating ideas. Sneaky little devil aren't I. LOL LOL I am not rich.. but I can pretend to be. (he he)

We just got home... and we are POOPED !!!!
It was sooooo HOT !!!!
I did break down and ate a single dip cone to cool off.

I am sooooo happy that I was able to do all that walking.
Just losing these 41 lbs has really paid off. And no pain pills all day either. I am sore... but not in the kind of pain I used to live every single day. I am soooooo GRATEFUL !!!!!!!

Okay... gotta run. I haven't done a thing in this house for 2 days now... and tomorrow I am going to Missouri to see my parents for the day. Every time I call my mom she asks..."When are you coming to see me" I got her spoiled when I went two days a week EVERY week. But now that I have to pay for a motel I am cutting it back some. Gas and toll costs me plenty alone. Oklahoma is FULL of toll roads... EVERYWHERE !!!! It costs me about $14 in toll alone each round trip.

Hopefully I can visit more later tonight. If you don't see me tomorrow you will know I am on the road again.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:14 PM   #23  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Quick post....

Hey ladies....this is going to be quick. Sorry, no time for individual replies, but you ALL know I love you, don't you? This is my 3rd day OP! Woooo Hoooo! And, I overcame a big hurdle....we went to Dalton, Ga. to get some groceries (MUCH cheaper, tax wise) and dh wanted to stop and get something to eat, so we stopped at Ryans. I ate a small salad w/FF dressing, a baked chicken breast, corn and green beans and NO dessert! I was so proud of me. We didn't exercise tonight because we have the last two nights, and we will probably head out again tomorrow night.

I'll talk to you guys some more in the morning, but I have got to get some shut eye. 6:00am comes really early.

Kat, Michelle & Barb: I don't know about the 14th. I'm actually going to be driving in with my friend Irene, to pick up Kim. (her car....ya know) Dh and Irene's hubby and son are going over to Camden Yards while we're picking up Kim. All I know is that Kim's address is in Jersey Shore, PA. I was actually thinking the 19th myself. Some of our plans are still up in the air though.....don't you worry though. Where there is a will....there is a way, and I am very strong willed!

I'm out of here for now ladies. Have a wonderful night!
Old 06-25-2003, 06:31 AM   #24  

Way to go Tina for having 3 op days.....keep up the good work.

Amanda...way to go!!! You are awesome.

Okay, I need major help here. It seems like my 11 year old boy and I are always butting heads. He thinks he is the boss of his 5 year old sister and is always angry at the world it seems. He also seems to think that his father and I were put on this earth to satisfy his every whim. Buy me, take me, can we, can I, it never ends. The child got out of school a week ago Monday and has since had a friend stay here 2 nights, been to one friends 2 nights in a row, another friends for 2 days, 1 night, and playing with the neighbor hood kids the other days. He pays no mind to me and gives me major attitude about everything I say to him. Then if I try to scold him or tell him to go to his room, I get your so mean, you don't listen to me.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..is this a boy stage or am I doing something so wrong as a parent? I try to listen to my kids, I sit and talk with them and listen to them, and then they are like oh mom I love you, your the best, untill 5 minutes later when I am the worst mom in the world because I have not given them the answer they want to something?

Today is finish up moving day at work, and it is supposed to be in the 90's, god help me!!! But, we did get most of the stuff moved already. I think one truck load and we are done. Hubby let me use his truck today....the new one...hahahahaha, acutally I had to use the new truck and he had to use the old truck cause my moms transmission went in her blazer and she is using my car. Out of this move deal I did pretty well, I got a mini fridge to put down to the shore property, I got a new microwave(mine at home decided that the 3,6,&9 would not work anymore?), and 2 nice folding tables.

There I go rambleing on again about nothing in particular....sorry!

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 06-25-2003, 08:12 AM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

Good morning all
I started not to post but I know you are all here for me.

I am so tired today and haven't even started yet. Food is not good. I am hot and am sweating like a pig. I have been without my hormones for about a month now. DH wanted me to stop taking them because he was hearing so mush bad news about them. But I am going back to the DR. Fri. I can't take this .
Work was so hectic yesterday our last summer reading program.
Plus we had a board meeting at the library so we had to supply food.

On a better note DH and I are going to Talledega Alabama the 1st weekend in August. He wants to go to the museum. We are going to stay at a beautiful bed and breakfast near there.

I hope all of you have a good day.
I'll see you in chat tonight.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:10 AM   #26  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!
Rise and shine and welcome another day. It is going to be HOT, HOT, HOT here today! I'll be in the office all day in the airconditioning so I guess all is not too bad.

Terri - It is wonderful that you and your DH are working together on this journey for health. I have been trying to be patient with my DH hoping that he'll come around, but so far no luck. He gets motivated for all of 5 minutes! I'd love to come help you paint your bathroom!!! Of course I still have to finish my dining room. I bought some posterboard yesterday to test the final glaze coat. I've put too much time into it to screw up now!

Michelle - How is the new job going? I don't think I've ever tried anything with ricotta cheese. I'd love to have the recipes of the ones that turn out yummy.

2Cute - My, what a busy, busy day you had yesterday. I know what you mean about stealing the decorating ideas. I love looking at model homes for that reason!

Tina - Way to go!!!! Staying OP for 3 days and making great choices at Ryan's!!! Those type restaurants are so tough!!!

Sandy - Try to stay cool today with all the moving. Yes, I know that will be next to impossible. Sorry, I have no great words of wisdom with your son. Currently my kids consist of 3 dogs and I just put them in a crate when they act up. I guess that's not an option!?!?!?!

Mary - Sounds like your morning is off to a rocky start. I sure hope it improves!!! At least you have your August getaway to look forward to!

Well, I am sitting here at work finishing up my breakfast, so I guess that means that I need to get to work. I hope you all have a great day! Talk to you later!
Barb
Old 06-25-2003, 11:04 AM   #27  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I'm in a rush this morning, but had to drop in and see how everyone else is doing. I went to my last water aerobics class this morning. We're cutting out as many things as possible until I find a new position.

The reason I'm in such a hurry though, is that there are several positions listed in the paper this morning, and I need to get my resume copied and in the mail to most of them. I'll call the rest on my morning break. Wish me luck!

Andria
Old 06-25-2003, 11:16 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

This is one time I am glad I am last on the thread. Someone can start a new thread after me.
I just needed to come in and tell everyone that I will be gone for a week or so.
My father died this morning. He woke up and got dressed, ate his breakfast and was sitting in his recliner reading the paper and watching tv....and just passed on. I am soooo very grateful it was peaceful.... at least I hope it was peaceful. I am so sad that he did not know that I was coming down today to see him. But I also know that he knew how much I cared and loved him. I don't know when I will be back.
You may see me via the library internet because all of you are such a MAJOR support system for me... I cannot imagine going through this without you.
It is easier to type my tears than it is to talk my feelings. I love you all.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 06-25-2003 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:20 AM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

2cute so sorry about your Dad
know that my love is with you.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:23 AM   #30  
BELIEVE!

2cute -
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is so difficult to find comforting words in times like this. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Be safe and take care of yourself.
Thinking of you.
With Love,
Barb
Closed Thread