Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

mamakat, isn't funny how you can hurt yourself doing nothing? I don't know what I did, but somehow hurt my knee! So now it takes me forever to go up the stairs. Can't wait till it decides to be normal again! I was exercising to WATP yesterday (to baby my knee), and can't even do those simple moves! Lucky you are back to your old self.

Tonight I teach my new class at Continuing Ed. I don't know why I'm such a nervous wreck. I mean this is something I really like to do. But still, I hope all goes well.

Menu for today:
Breakfast: coconut water, egg, bread, yogurt
Lunch: soy patty, broccoli, almonds
Snack: peach
Dinner: oatmeal, raisins, almonds
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 180/178/135

Height: 5'5"

MamaKat and Tyla - I feel your pain in the injury department, I've been nursing a potential stress fracture in my shin for a few weeks but yesterday during my run it decided to rear it's ugly head. I got home and had pain radiating up and down my leg all evening! I hope you both heal quickly!

Yesterday was a stressful day all around, resulting in terrible eating. But I'm back on the wagon today, and determined to stay there! I'm going to have to modify my workouts since running is out of the question for the next month or so, but my plan is to get my stationary bike from my parents' house tonight and do 30 minutes of cardio plus a 30 minute bodyweight circuit in the mornings five days a week. I've been saying I was going to start that for a few weeks now, but I've been stubborn and kept running because frankly, I hate the bike. Hate it. Now I have no choice.

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with swiss cheese and ham, a grapefruit, and a glass of skim milk

Lunch: Salad

Planned snack: Apple with a slice of ham

Planned Dinner: Salad with salmon or chicken and a glass of skim milk

I lost two pounds, so I'm hoping to keep it going!
AJ'sAwesomeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #348  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Down .6 this morning. Happy about that. Not about much else though. I'm grumpy and no idea why. Maybe because the pouring rain delayed my flooring again.

Took the dog out for a walk last night and this morning (although in this weather, this morning's walk was pretty tame). Yoga tonight, and hopefully next week I can get back to actually exercising. I need to, very badly. Actually, that probably explains the mood!

Calories in:1575
cheeseburger quiche
grilled shrimp and stuffed mushrooms
pork chop
broccoli
beets

Calories out: 172
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #349  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Diana. The seafood was actually super-healthy. The tuna starter was raw. For the entree, the muscles had been boiled, the oysters were raw, the shrimp grilled and the crab grilled. And the sauces were all on the side.

So that plus donuts plus wine and I am 0.6lbs down today.

Which just goes to show.

For today:

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. A few olives. A salted anchovie. 1 coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with smoked kipper, sardines, pickled hot garlic, curry hummus, tsatsiki, small piece of lunch herring, a small piece of salted mackeral, 4 salted anchovies (soaked to lower the sodium), corn, kidney beans, lettuce, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, blueberries, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pickled onion, brussel sprouts, peach salsa, beets.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Imperial IPA).

Exercise: Did one hour of weight training. Did one hour of boxing. Will play squash after work tonight.

Tomorrow, I am having a picnic lunch with colleagues. I will be bringing a large selection of canned fish, salad, hummus and relish. I hope they are ready!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Once again, an ok day. Stayed on plan with regards to diet, but didn't exercise.

Lunch - Brown bread sandwich with tofurky, tomato, onion and chillies

Snack - Almonds

Dinner - Lamb curry, mashed potatoes

Scale still isn't moving and now I'm worried, because on Saturday I'm going on a trip out of town to a hotel where the food is phenomenal, and I know I'm going to eat well, I'm not going to want to deprive myself of that. Thankfully it's in the mountains so we'll be doing a lot of walking as well, so I hope that covers the extra calories. I just really hope my weight doesn't go up.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #351  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

i'm still here although i dont post every day...still doing weight training at the gym...work is going good, 40-plus students a day now, keeps me busy!!

i found that when i started weight training, i lost a little feeling in my left leg...like parts of it fell asleep and never woke up...and it feels weird to touch it, just like when your hand falls asleep...has anyone ever encountered this before?? i believe it is coming from my back, because years ago when i had a disc problem and my sciatic nerve was pinched, i lost the same bit of feeling in that same leg only this time it's more extensive of an area on my leg...my back does NOT hurt, neither does any other part beyond the occasional DOMS...i'm doing a lower back extension machine where i can do 145 pounds at the moment, 4 sets of 10 reps each, which is only moderately hard...i'm going to copy/paste this over to the weight section too

on the other hand, my pants are noticeably looser on me yay!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
i'm still here although i dont post every day...still doing weight training at the gym...work is going good, 40-plus students a day now, keeps me busy!!

i found that when i started weight training, i lost a little feeling in my left leg...like parts of it fell asleep and never woke up...and it feels weird to touch it, just like when your hand falls asleep...has anyone ever encountered this before?? i believe it is coming from my back, because years ago when i had a disc problem and my sciatic nerve was pinched, i lost the same bit of feeling in that same leg only this time it's more extensive of an area on my leg...my back does NOT hurt, neither does any other part beyond the occasional DOMS...i'm doing a lower back extension machine where i can do 145 pounds at the moment, 4 sets of 10 reps each, which is only moderately hard...i'm going to copy/paste this over to the weight section too

on the other hand, my pants are noticeably looser on me yay!
I had the same problem a few years back with my sciatic nerve. It got to the point where I could hardly walk (at 19) and then when I tried to bend over to pick up a sock or something like that I felt this snap in my left leg and a red-hot flash of pain went down my leg. I thought I was bleeding, but I wasn't - went to the doc and was diagnosed with a herniated disc in my back and sent home on bedrest for two weeks. I was fine shortly after that, but a few weeks later while shaving my legs, I noticed that I no longer had any feeling in the back of my left leg. Quite an odd feeling while shaving and then you don't feel the razor anymore! I ended up damaging some nerves in my leg from when I bent over and felt that snap. Still don't have all the feeling on the calve of my left leg and the last two toes on my left foot, but it has gotten considerably better over the past three- four years. Nerves grow back, they just take a long time.

You probably overexerted yourself in some regard, or maybe its just that your body is developing more muscle in the back and its placing some kind of pressure on the nerves. Sometimes I don't have full feeling in the one area of my leg that is more sensitive because of over-doing it, even though my back doesn't hurt. Though I am by no means a doctor, if it gets worse or progresses, I'd go in immediately. Otherwise, maybe lighten up on the weights you do for your back? Even though it may not seem like a lot, your back is sensitive.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #353  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Larry
I hope your day went well.

Psychic My DH is also a hunter and outdoors man. Wild game is a lot leaner choice.

Crispin
Great goals. I also think those are the most important. Do you walk to your classes? That's a great option, too.

Newleaf
Another good day for you. It looks like you are doing a great job avoiding the snacking, that you spoke about before.

Zima Good job on the active day! Roller skating sounds fun!

Mamakat Good job on that walk! You will have to try the boxing and tell me about it.

Tyla Good luck with the class tonight. I hope it goes well for you.

Alfieshoney Good job getting back on track. I hope today was a good one for you. Congrats on the 2 pounds!

Radiojane Good job on the .6.

Ian I love seafood prepared that way. Good job on the .6. Enjoy the picnic lunch.

ILoveVegetables Have a great trip!

Alaskanlaughter I have never experienced anything like that. I hope you can figure it out. Is there a trainer there you can ask?

JulesMarion Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #354  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Roast Beef 400 calories
turnip greens 100 calories
steamed cabbage 100 calories
okra and tomatoes 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Leg Work Premix w/#5's
Denise Austin's Burn Fat Fast Cardio Blast (40 minutes)
Old 09-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Blew it again today. Will try again tomorrow

My sister who is under Hospice care was admitted to a Central Florida Hospital with severe pneumonia. Her doctor did not expect her to survive.
My brother in law said she would be in the hospital for another week.

I drove and hour and a half to visit her. The front desk said she was in room 309. I went there and found the bed empty with house cleaning sanitizing the room. No nurse around so I waited. You can guess what I was thinking.

Finally a nurse showed up and I asked about my sister. Fully expecting the worst I was informed she was sent home.

Went there and my brother in law is as puzzled about this as I am. The doctor told him her pneumonia was not getting any better so they discharged her. Sounds like they have given up on her.

She is in God's care and what ever happens is his plan.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #356  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

larry im so very sorry to hear about her I don't know what i'd do if I was close to losing my sister....been thinking of all of you and sending prayers
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

Diane, thanks. I hope everyone had a good day today.

Food: 1,200 calories

Exercise: 8:30 PM- Hip Hop Abs Cardio (30 min) Jessica Smith Ab Rehab (10 min) = 40 minutes
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #358  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Last night my DH wanted to go somewhere "different". I don't like different. This particular restaurant serves good food and I am able to eat protein and veggies, but they put something in their food that causes me to gain water weight. I'm not sure if it's just sodium or if they add MSG of some sort. I am not able to order my food plain and unseasoned here.

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 162.4
Up: 1.6 pounds

Enjoy your day!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #359  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning all!

For yesterday:

Exercise: Ran 3.12 miles, and every single bit of it hurt because I'm so sore from my new strength routine.

Breakfast: Ezekiel toast with mashed avocado and black pepper; iced coffee with stevia.

Lunch: Chickpea & edamame salad with cranberries and stuff in it; fresh pineapple.

Dinner: Martini with 2 olives (wanted 42 olives); whole wheat pita with hummus, daiya, onions, cucs, tomatoes plus 1 extra pita loaf that was unplanned (snacky, *sigh*).

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-20-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #360  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I just bought some boxing gloves. I am just so into boxing. It is by far the most fun workout I do. Which it needs to be given that I have to set my alarm for 5am (I normally wake up at 5.30am to workout) to do it.

Up 0.4lbs today. I have my picnic today which I am so excited about as I will be bringing most of the food.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. A few olives. 1 coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with pickled garlic, hummus, tsatsiki, corn, kidney beans, lettuce, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, blueberries, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pickled onion, brussel sprouts, beets.

To be accompanied by:

Fish menu
- Latvian sprats
- Muscles, oysters and baby clams
- Dungeness crab
- Smoked chinook and sockeye salmon
- Rainbow trout, Cod Bacalhau and kippered herring
- Octopus and baby scallops in Galician sauce
- Salted anchovies (raw, soaked), salted mackeral (soaked then pan-fried) and pickled herring
- A large selection of relishes.
- Italian bread
- Up to 3 bottles of Chardonnay

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Imperial IPA).

Exercise: Ran 6.3 miles this morning.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote