Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
I didnt know pie could be frozen...I had just gotten into freezing! We bought a freezer for the garage and I precooked chicken, rice, pasta and portioned it out. I also froze mac n cheese for the kids, so i can easily microwave and serve b/c of the baby cooking is difficult. I bet I could freeze cookies too.? If i did buy a box of CC cookies can I put them in zip locks portioned out and freeze? oh i also make a huge batch of steel cut oats and use a muffin tin ,freeze, put in zip locks so i can have them w/o cooking eat time. just microwave and eat! ok, my new answer to the question is freeze it!! lol!!
Oh yeah, you can freeze cookies and baked goods. I started freezer cooking when I was making homemade baby food for my daughter (who is turning six in a few weeks). I figured if I'm making food for her so it's ready, why not make it for me too. The pregnancy weight melted off in no time, and it stayed off because it was a habit I just kept.
I have frozen mac and cheese before, but I usually freeze the cheese sauce (I add pureed cauliflower to it) in ice cubes then I can just throw a few cubes into cooked pasta.

Every weekend I make a few dishes and freeze them into portions or flash freeze smaller things so we can take out exactly the amount we need without without having to thaw them all out. We always have homemade marinara, turkey/zucchini meatballs, a variety of burgers, about a million kinds of soup and chili, veggie nuggets, chicken/squash nuggets, egg "muffins" and breakfast and other burritos on hand.

It just makes everything easy on me. As a single mom, I need to make my time work for me, not against me!

Last edited by Munchy; 09-03-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
Oh yeah, you can freeze cookies and baked goods. I started freezer cooking when I was making homemade baby food for my daughter (who is turning six in a few weeks). I figured if I'm making food for her so it's ready, why not make it for me too. The pregnancy weight melted off in no time, and it stayed off because it was a habit I just kept.
I have frozen mac and cheese before, but I usually freeze the cheese sauce (I add pureed cauliflower to it) in ice cubes then I can just throw a few cubes into cooked pasta.

Every weekend I make a few dishes and freeze them into portions or flash freeze smaller things so we can take out exactly the amount we need without without having to thaw them all out. We always have homemade marinara, turkey/zucchini meatballs, a variety of burgers, about a million kinds of soup and chili, veggie nuggets, chicken/squash nuggets, egg "muffins" and breakfast and other burritos on hand.

It just makes everything easy on me. As a single mom, I need to make my time work for me, not against me!
I think I will start freezing more, esecially leftovers. This might sound odd but the freezer is in the garage and we just bought it a month or so before the baby was born, so I sometimes forget about it! With the inernet its easy to look up the bast way to freeze things. I like the ice cube cheese blocks. There's so much I can do to make meals faster but still healthy. I''m not a single mom, but my DH works from 10am until about midnight. His schedule varies, and this week he did 5 days in a row, today is day 5, he sleeps until its time to leave so he's not able to help all day, so on his work days I'm doing dinner with 3 kids ( well 2 kids, one baby!) alone. I do my cooking nights he's home, so thats when I do the oatmeal batches then when I'm home alone w/ the kids its quick. Right now a lot of what we have is frozen prepackaged meals, because of having a new baby its easier but i'd like to get away from boxed meals but still have the convenience..freezing is a good way to do that. I'll have to expand my freezing menu!

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 09-03-2013 at 02:51 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't work in an office environment but that's a good idea to give the pie to my husband so he can take it to work with him and share with his coworkers.

I use my freezer a lot, but pie in the freezer is as tempting as pie on the counter for me. Those suckers defrost in a minute.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote