Facing it with positivity and belief

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Ok well positivity waning a wee bit. Have been truly angelic. Eaten perfectly and have not strayed once. Yet weight is not falling :/ Bu**er.
    However I think the fact that my time clock has changed, the weather has been odd and I have started back at work so have not been in the gym loads, might be a factor. Also weigh ins have all been at 6am and not at a reasonable time.
    Gonna stay positive because thats where I'm at
  • Up 2.4
    No words of positivity today, just a thumping headache and a crotchety mood !
  • Stay strong Starbrite, I've got a headache, too, don't give up, telling myself we're going to have little blips along the way, it's a lifelong journey.

Best to you
  • Thanks Kelijpa. I think I am toying with the idea that my body is happy at this weight. My hair is the best it has been in years, nails too. I feel healthy, fit and vital. I can quite easily do 1hr and a half of cardio. I eat well, enjoy what I eat and look pretty good. I just loved the way I looked at 153lbs. I felt slim, beautiful and finally not the fattest person in the room. People have subsequently told me I looked ill, and I do incidentally remember people tentatively asking me if i had a serious illness !!
    I'm just blaarting right now, as I don't know what else to do. I don't seem to be able to lose weight, yet my caloreis are low, the food I eat spectacularly healthy, and the exercise i do plentiful. I drink gallons of water, perhaps I don't sleep enough, but apart from that would consider I lead a relatively healthy lifestyle. Just wondering if this is my natural weight ? Any thoughts?
  • Looking back at when you started this thread and at your present ticker, it sounds like you have lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks - is that right? The pace feels frustrating, but that seems like a reasonable loss rate. Maybe give it another month and see where you land?
  • I'm sorry to read you are struggling but so appreciate your honesty. I think you need to keep doing what you are doing, the scale will start moving again I'm sure.

It's hardto imagine that 153 was a deathly ill look, especially since you were quite happy. Maybe people just had a hard time reconciling the new you with the old you.

I think you owe it to yourself to keep going. at a minimum you will maintain, which is always a win in my book!
  • Keep doing what you're doing, I need to drink more water, had what I thought was a pretty good weekend and still inched up like most every weekend. I feel good, so I'm continuing on.

It's great you're noticing the positives, your hair & nails, feeling fit and vital.
  • Hi my friends. Back to positive today. I know I have to keep on, it is just hard sometimes. Newleaf - I agree, but was asked so many times if I was seriously ill !! Anyhoo I'm aiming for 175 just to see how I feel.
    Did zumba yesterday and had a ball. Want to do a bodysculpt class tonight but think it might be a wee bit ambitious as DD says it's really hard.
  • Hey
    Down again to 187.6. Those danged fluctuations
    Need the scale to help me stay accountable, but somehow have to get my head round the fluctuations again. I stopped weighing in the first place because they threw me once I'd reached goal. Keeping away from the scale helped me put on weight. There must be some happy medium, just not sure what it is.
    Have a super day
  • Hi Starbrite - I weigh every morning to keep me on track, I only compare week to week.the fluctuations can drive you crazy

I started a little chart last week, it looks like a u, went down,then backup, now down again will probably end up looking something like vvvvvvvv, hopefully with an overall downward trend.

Anyway, I just weigh in,mark it on the calendar, look at the week before and try not to obsess...some days that's easier than others, too... like you I know when I don't weigh I seem to lose my focus so I need to keep weighing-in In a healthy way.

Best of luck to you
  • Scale is bouncing - I am going to ignore it for now ! There is literally no reason for it, so m just going to keep the faith. Made awesome soup this week - lots of veggies and spinach- too delicious ! Have done lots of exercise too Zumba, kettle bell workout and a good old gym session. Methinks I just need to be kind to myself
  • No weigh in today. Had chips and dip and bread negativity combined with stress got to me. Foolish girl !
    Oh well today is a new day and I'm off to zumba to shake my booty and get happy
  • Hang in there, enjoy the zumba and have fun!
  • I keep thinking about getting kettle bells, maybe I'd like them better than the dumbbells. Kind offell off my weight lifting following the c25k, I feel good though and will keep pushing forward knowin I'll get back on track at some point.

Hope all is well Starbrite!
  • Ok well a good old bad weekend so have decided not to weigh in until Friday. Going to eat well, exercise and sleep. No stressing !
    Haven't really got to grips with the kettle bell yet Kelijpa, but have found some interesting workouts and tried one. Its strenuous
    Had another zumba and a really sweaty cardio session this weekend , so despite over crabbing, at least I exercised. One foot in front of the other
    Thanks for supporting me x