Wwwhhhhyyyyy!!!

• why cant i just do it! i managed to loose 3 and half stone over 2010-2012 and was feeling pretty good....so why have i aloud myself to put the majority of it back on
    im so angry with myself, it was christmas just gone when i found out my dad who i hadnt seen since i was 2 due to his alcohol problems had died...and it affected me more than i could ever of imagined and the weight piled on, really quick. im in a much better place now but im pretty much back where i started 3 years ago so fed up

i went from 16 stone to 12stone 6lbs and yesterday weighed in at 14 stone 10
  • I am so sorry that you are going through this, especially the circumstances regarding your father. I can't tell you how much I feel your pain. I am sending you big hugs from California.

I know the frustration of putting weight back on, especially when I was going through a hard time. I always turn to food to comfort myself. I am trying to forgive myself and to find comfort in other ways.

I hope you can be gentle with yourself and know that you are not alone. We are here for you.
  • I'm so sorry about your father, Nicolae. But you know, you can do this. You've done it before. You can absolutely do it again. Are you having trouble getting back on the weight loss wagon now, or are you just frustrated that you gained back the weight you had lost?
  • You're not the only one who has regained here....I regained 50 out of about 70 lbs. that I had lost. I think getting back to it takes a lot of guts and determination. Don't give up! I also don't think you blew it. If you had not lost the weight to begin with and you would have gained weight anyway, you would be at a much higher weight. I don't (or try not to) look as it as failure...just more info on what to avoid doing in the future.
  • You are not alone. I have been exactly where you have been. I lost 100 pounds, only to gain 60 of it back. My biological father also died due to his alcoholism and I had mixed feelings about it all and not working harder to rekindle our relationship after meeting him for the first (and only time since I was a child) a few years ago. Now that I have relost that initial weight, I am so afraid some emotional hurdle is going to come at me again, and I will again regain.

The positive outlook on your situation is now you know that you can lose the weight. That really helped me the second round. I had already done it once, so I knew I could again. And, also being aware of how easy it is to pile is great. Now you will know the warning signs and to be aware of triggers.

I like what luckymommy said -- you might be at a much higher weight now if you hadn't lost before...so don't think of it as a failure.
  • Hugs
  • Quote: You are not alone. I have been exactly where you have been. I lost 100 pounds, only to gain 60 of it back. My biological father also died due to his alcoholism and I had mixed feelings about it all and not working harder to rekindle our relationship after meeting him for the first (and only time since I was a child) a few years ago. Now that I have relost that initial weight, I am so afraid some emotional hurdle is going to come at me again, and I will again regain.

The positive outlook on your situation is now you know that you can lose the weight. That really helped me the second round. I had already done it once, so I knew I could again. And, also being aware of how easy it is to pile is great. Now you will know the warning signs and to be aware of triggers.

I like what luckymommy said -- you might be at a much higher weight now if you hadn't lost before...so don't think of it as a failure.
    thats what hurt the most i think what you said about the relationship. i grew up thinking i hated him and didnt want anything to do with him but after speaking to his side of the family it was clear he id love me and stayd away until he had fought of his demons. it has been a hard few months to say the least

it was both, i feel mad at myself for regaining after my hard work and found it hard to get back on it. i feel ready now though . thanks guys