3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Man do the months fly by... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/284959-man-do-months-fly.html)

Torii 07-18-2013 07:47 AM

Man do the months fly by...

And since the start of this year I was only able to lose 5 lbs...:stress:

I srsly think I'll be stuck at 195 for the rest of my life..I can't seem to lose it and it's more like I'm maintaining it when I don't WANT TO.

I must be doing something wrong..

I workout for about 30 mins

then I go for a morning jog for another 30 mins

I know it's more about what you eat, but I only eat three times a day
sometimes its not as healthy but I eat very little of whatever it is for dinner.
Sometimes my meal will just be an apple or something as I don't get very hungry till dinner and that useally keeps me full for the rest of the night..

so am I doing something wrong? Am I eating to less or working out to much?
I at least want to get to 170 in the next few months but it seems hopeless no matter how hard I feel like I'm trying..

thanks for listening

GlamourGirl827 07-18-2013 07:54 AM

First as small as 5 pounds might seem, at least you lost and didn't gain! That is something to be happy about!!

But obviously you want to lose more. I would start with calories counting, recording what you eat and the calories and measure / weight your food so you are accurate. Even if you are only eating 3 meals a day, even if you label them as healthy, you are obviously eating too much to lose at a faster rate, so you need to decrease your intake. On a good note, over all it sounds like you intake is just low enough that over the past 7 months you were able to lose 5 lbs, but if you want to see faster results, you need to eat less. Starting a food log can help you see how much less, so you don't continue to over eat but you don't start under eating either.

Its very possible to eat a healthy and nutritious three meals a day and still over eat. I did it this pregnancy!! lol

Good luck!!

Torii 07-18-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 (Post 4795294)
First as small as 5 pounds might seem, at least you lost and didn't gain! That is something to be happy about!!

But obviously you want to lose more. I would start with calories counting, recording what you eat and the calories and measure / weight your food so you are accurate. Even if you are only eating 3 meals a day, even if you label them as healthy, you are obviously eating too much to lose at a faster rate, so you need to decrease your intake. On a good note, over all it sounds like you intake is just low enough that over the past 7 months you were able to lose 5 lbs, but if you want to see faster results, you need to eat less. Starting a food log can help you see how much less, so you don't continue to over eat but you don't start under eating either.

Its very possible to eat a healthy and nutritious three meals a day and still over eat. I did it this pregnancy!! lol

Good luck!!

Makes sense I guess..it's very hard trying to balance the two..haha

I remember back in Cali I ONLY had dinner and would ride my bike everyday..
I was losing so much back then I think my lowest was 179 )':
Wish I could go back to that..as unhealthy as it sounds. But now that food is around it's hard just doing 3 meals. But I'll try counting and cutting out more..

gosh if I could do only dinner back then, I can sure cut down now!

tricon7 07-18-2013 08:34 AM

Like Glamourgirl said, the number of meals you eat a day is irrelevant if you're in a calorie surplus at day's end. And I think sometimes people confuse "eating healthy foods" with "eating the amount to lose on" - not that you don't understand the difference. My wife talks about eating healthy all the time, but she's not losing a pound.

pnkrckpixikat 07-18-2013 09:38 AM

Why don't you post your menu for a normal day? As they said healthy doesn't always mean calorie deficient, but maybe we can give you some pointers.

I also definitely recommend calorie counting.

Torii 07-18-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat (Post 4795366)
Why don't you post your menu for a normal day? As they said healthy doesn't always mean calorie deficient, but maybe we can give you some pointers.

I also definitely recommend calorie counting.

It's hard to say since I don't plan out what to eat but..I guess going off today I only had

Tomato soup
Small hamburger
and a granola bar

which is all I plan to eat. I know one of these ISNT the best choice but it was what we were having for dinner and its the only one I had.