Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm 5'3" and I've run into the same problem of not knowing what goal weight to aim for. I started with it estimated at 120 but raised it to 130. Once I reach 130 I will decide whether or not I need to lose more.
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #17  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi, i set my original goal at 150, it is my dr. recommended adjusted WW goal weight, my idea was and still is, to get back to 150 and then go back to meetings. I've unofficially adjusted to 143, for 5'3 1/2" that's the top weight for normal bmi, according to the calculator I use, so that's my story.

I always say I'm dense, I couldn't maintain at my original WW goal of 136, but that's just me, everyone's different, I'm strength training, too, I just want to be fit, I'm in a size 10, and happy with that.

Lots of great comments here!

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 07-17-2013 at 05:17 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

I've been aiming for 120 but I'm about 10 pounds off and I'm wondering if all this extra flab is really going to disappear. I figure I'll decide once I get closer but I wouldn't be surprised if I lowered it to 115.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I know I'm not 5'3 so I can't really give you a goal weight, but it sounds to me you are more dissatisfied with how you look then with a particular number so I would also suggest starting to focus on body composition with toning through weight training or body weight exercises (pushups, squats, planks, etc)
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #20  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
I know I'm not 5'3 so I can't really give you a goal weight, but it sounds to me you are more dissatisfied with how you look then with a particular number so I would also suggest starting to focus on body composition with toning through weight training or body weight exercises (pushups, squats, planks, etc)
I really can't do that, I have diastasis recti (torn muscles) and multiple hernias from when I was pregnant. I can only do certain exercises otherwise my problems can get worse. I need surgery,and insurance won't cover the muscle repair because it's not life threatening, it will only cover the hernia repair.

Thank you for the replies everyone!
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

I am only 5'2" but that's pretty close... When I was at 125 people kept telling me I was too skinny. I liked being about 130 but I do have a more "sporty" build with larger shoulders and the girls probably weigh 10 lbs
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 125/124/110

Height: 5'3

I've been to 120 and still wasn't happy but I have a pretty small bone structure so the weight looks worse on me. I'm aiming for 110 but I'll see when I get closer to my goal.
lst10pounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #23  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lst10pounds View Post
I've been to 120 and still wasn't happy but I have a pretty small bone structure so the weight looks worse on me. I'm aiming for 110 but I'll see when I get closer to my goal.
Same here about the bone structure. That's why I keep on lowering my goal. Today I weighed in at 115.4. I know I am not overweight, and I look really good in clothes, but out of clothes, I know I need to go down a bit more. I don't think an extra 5 lbs will do it for me.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #24  

I'm 5 ft. 3, and I have gotten as low as 132.5 this time around, but I don't look good that low. Even at 135, I received several comments from family (and even a coworker) who kindly suggested that I was getting too thin. Right now, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm around 140 (last time I weighed I was). I'm been maintaining since Nov. 2011 on 2200 calories per day, so I guess I've gained because my body is now more efficient at storing calories (I exercise A LOT, & I'm probably not burning as many calories at it now than a year ago) or maybe I'm not as assiduous about weighing & measuring my portions. Either way, I'm not panicking about being 140. I still look good---in fact, I may look better at this weight than 135. If I were to get down to the goal weight that many who are my height shoot for, I have no doubt that I would look sickly. I think body shape, i.e., where one's fat is proportioned, has a LOT to do with what weight one looks best at.

At this point, I want to be at a weight that I can comfortably maintain while not have to be super strict about watching what I eat and that allows me some of my favorite foods several times a week. I have no doubt that if I were not able to do that, I would already have rebelled against whatever plan I would have been on and regained my weight.

Last edited by lin43; 07-18-2013 at 03:16 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #25  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
Hi, i set my original goal at 150, it is my dr. recommended adjusted WW goal weight, my idea was and still is, to get back to 150 and then go back to meetings. I've unofficially adjusted to 143, for 5'3 1/2" that's the top weight for normal bmi, according to the calculator I use, so that's my story.

I always say I'm dense, I couldn't maintain at my original WW goal of 136, but that's just me, everyone's different, I'm strength training, too, I just want to be fit, I'm in a size 10, and happy with that.

Lots of great comments here!

Best to all
Funny, I am 5.3 and a half and just hit 143 so I can identify with your post. I am fitting nicely into 8's and a few select 6's if they are vanity sized.

I have more work to do, but don't care to lose any more weight. Just fat :-)
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #26  
Blue

S/C/G: 181.4/134.8/115

Height: 5'2 1/2"

Stars: Are you going to get the hernia repair done? Lifting weights etc with a hernia is certainly a no go, but much can be done with a diastasis. I have a huge (stick your hand in sideways) diastasis from my breastbone to my pubic bone after having twins two years ago. Once my umbilical hernia was repaired I started working on strengthening my transversus abdominus (planks etc), while avoiding exercises emphasizing the recti and using a belly band designed to support your recti abdomini. Today I do olympic squats, deadlifts and any other iron pumping I desire. Resistance training is essential if you want to change your body shape; otherwise you just become a smaller and smaller version of the same shape. I used to be devastated by my inability to afford a tummy tuck...today I'm training for a bikini competition. Hang in there...it gets better.
BlueIsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIsis View Post
Stars: Are you going to get the hernia repair done? Lifting weights etc with a hernia is certainly a no go, but much can be done with a diastasis. I have a huge (stick your hand in sideways) diastasis from my breastbone to my pubic bone after having twins two years ago. Once my umbilical hernia was repaired I started working on strengthening my transversus abdominus (planks etc), while avoiding exercises emphasizing the recti and using a belly band designed to support your recti abdomini. Today I do olympic squats, deadlifts and any other iron pumping I desire. Resistance training is essential if you want to change your body shape; otherwise you just become a smaller and smaller version of the same shape. I used to be devastated by my inability to afford a tummy tuck...today I'm training for a bikini competition. Hang in there...it gets better.
Yup I agree with this. The hernias won't resolve themselves but the diastasis will get somewhat better with time and some exercize. I had an umbilical hernia repair and had some diastasis after two pregnancies.

My exercizes of choice are belly dancing and T-Tapp.

As far as a goal weight, I am 5'2" and the last time I hit 125 with weight watchers, you could count my ribs above my breasts and I could not maintain it. Currently I would like to see 140 some day again and I'd be pretty happy to stop there. But at least when I was younger, people often told me I did not look as heavy as I actually was. I think I have small but dense bones and muscles.

You have done a great job losing and your body (and mind) do need time to adjust. I think it's a good thought to maintain for a while and see how you feel over time.
nonamortica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

I initially picked 125 and got there, but still felt a bit too heavy for my bones, so took a bit of time to maintain and then decided to see if I could get a bit lower. I'm currently around 118, which is about right for me.

I would like to get a few pounds lower but that's just because I'd like a bit of a flatter stomach. I'm not sure that a few more pounds will really make that much of a difference though as I think it's just a bit of loose skin. I'm not sure if it will tighten up with time, but I'm pretty happy with my body overall and not willing to restrict my diet that much more to get down to 115 at this point. I did see 115 but my body seems happier at 118, and I can eat the sorts of things I want to at 118.

I seem to be maintaining at this weight ok, and all of my clothes fit, so no real incentive to drop any lower, but I'll see how I see in 6 months to a year..
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

I am 5'3" and am aiming for sub 108, so about 105 so I have 3 pounds wiggle room. I used to be 115 and looked good in a size 4-6 but am now aiming for a 2. I know it seems low to some people, but it's what I want for myself. I have lost 71 lbs so far and have 82 more to go, so I'll probably reassess my goal weight again when I get closer to goal.

I hope you find the perfect goal weight for yourself!
kayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 197/160/152

I'm 5'2. My goal is 135-140, because I've always been very curvy in the hip and chest areas. I also want to tone and build more muscle with weight lifting, because I'm really soft.

Last edited by Krista17; 07-22-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Krista17 is offline   Reply With Quote