3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Measurements (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/283931-measurements.html)

becksdog 06-25-2013 02:54 PM

Measurements

How often does everyone take their measurements ? I have just restarted Medifast after many other failed attempts at other plans. In all the years that I have been dieting (and that is my whole life) I have never bothered with measurements, but this time is the last time, so measurements were in order ! I have just finished my first full week OP, and was wondering when I should take measurements again ?

freelancemomma 06-25-2013 04:00 PM

I never take my measurements. I know a lot of people advise measuring rather than (or in addition to) weighing, but I think the margin of error is just too great. And while the scale may occasionally mislead due to fluctuations in water weight, it doesn't lie over the long term.

F.

cdavidowsky37 06-25-2013 04:09 PM

I take tape measurements every 15 days. Equals to twice each month, and you have all that time to make a big impact! I measure bust, waist and hips because those are my big problem areas and if those go down, I know everything else is, too. I also take progress photos every Saturday, then look through from beginning to end to see how I'm doing. For weighing myself, I have an obsession with it but I'm trying really hard not to do it every day, so I aim for twice a week or just on Saturday when I take my photos. Every little bit helps me stay focused!

Dreamer2012 06-25-2013 04:40 PM

I take measurements once a month, on the 1st.

Underwater 06-25-2013 04:45 PM

I don't measure at regular intervals, but I sometimes check my measurements against manufacturer sizing online. Hoping to be a David's Bridal 10 by having to order a bridesmaids dress in August!

SunnySide99 06-25-2013 10:00 PM

I personally take measurements on the 1st and 15th of each month. To make sure I am measuring the same spots I took a 8x10 photo of myself and marked the spots on my body on the photo. Each time I take measurements I refer to my photo.

This has been a much easier way for me to make sure I am maintaining the range I want to stay in compared to the up and down adventures of the scale (water weight, TOM, slight gains from lifting etc.)

alaskanlaughter 06-26-2013 12:55 AM

I don't take measurements...I go by how my clothes are fitting and what the scale says....I know the scale fluctuates but I KNOW for example that if it fluctuates up to 188 with my period that it's still not the 230 that I started from or the even highest weight of 270....right now i'm aiming for getting into the 170s and I fluctuate from 182-186 regularly/daily and hit as low as 180 and as high as 188...as long as my lowest weights keep getting a bit lower, then I know i'm in the right direction

Changergirl 06-26-2013 03:28 AM

I take measurements every 4 weeks. I love that even though my weight loss has stalled for the last 6+ weeks my measurements have gone down during that time period. It helps knowing that even though the scale isn't being my friend I am still doing things right.

becksdog 06-26-2013 08:59 AM

Thanks everyone ! Didn't want to measure to soon, be disappointed and lose my motivation, so think I won't measure again until I am 4 weeks OP. Have a great day !

ArtThistle 06-26-2013 02:12 PM

I measure and weigh myself every Monday. I measure bust, waist, hips, thighs (individually), and upper arms.