Starting so small this time.

• My goals this month are to:
    watch less television
    exercise every day(for any amount of time)
    make healthier food choices

I'm not even going to count calories again until next month. I just want to give myself the best chance and I noticed that when things get tough the first habits I drop at the ones that I struggle with even on good days.

So I just need some habits that are an easy level of difficulty so that when things get tough I don't drop them.

It's weird because before now every time I quit and then restarted I'd always start with the goal to count calories and exercise for 20 minutes every day. But maybe that's just too much right now. I'm undoing an entire childhood of terrible habits.

So I'm feeling alright. At least I haven't given up yet.
  • Sounds good, good luck!
  • Good luck!!!
  • Thank you guys!
  • Yup, sounds like a great plan. You got this!!! Good luck!
  • I totally agree with this approach. It sounds small, but really, changing those old habits is not easy, but so important.
  • Good luck! I am also all or nothing girl. If I were to stop one thing, it would derail everything for me. (Exercise in particular)
  • Good for you and best of luck in doing these!
  • Yesterday went well! I only watched 3 hours of television. It sounds like a lot but I don't work right now and I'm not taking any classes this semester so my days are free.

I made generally healthy choices except my parents got pizza for dinner. During the day I ate pretty good though.

I also went for a walk/run. It only lasted for six minutes because I decided to see how long I could run before I felt like dying and it was about 1 minute and then my chest was on fire. I probably shouldn't push myself, it was just a little experiment. Today I'm going to do squats/lunges/planks/push-ups and stuff instead of running because my shins are a little sore and then tomorrow I'll probably try running again, but this time more walking than running really.

I am having a weird issue with my sleeping habits. I have been trying to get my schedule fixed and finally I got it fixed yesterday. I got up at 6 am and was sleeping by 9:30 pm, but then I woke up at 1 am and could not get back to sleep.

So now it's 6 am and I've been awake since 1 am, running on three hours of sleep. I don't even get it.