3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Weight loss, gain, loss, gain what is going on here?!?!?!?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/282997-weight-loss-gain-loss-gain-what-going-here.html)

dragonstar85 06-05-2013 02:32 AM

Weight loss, gain, loss, gain what is going on here?!?!?!?!

I'm not sure what is going on with my body for the last two weeks but I figured maybe if I share what's been happening maybe some of you can toss ideas out there as to what's causing this. Since winter finally lifted it's cold gripping fingers off of us I started walking again. I've been doing great and getting it in about 5 days a week. I've stayed on a healthy diet since I started it last summer. So that's been good. Since I started walking again I was dropping weight pretty quick then I gained about 2lbs back. I know this is normal when you first start working out after not doing so for a while. But then I gained 2 more lbs within a day. Then I dropped 3 in a day, then gained 5 in two day, then dropped few more lbs, now I gained 5 and it's not budging, at all. At first I thought maybe water weight and waited. But scale still not dropping. I thought maybe I ate something that tends to make me retain water. But when I think back, I can't think of anything and by now the fluid would be gone. Has this happened to anyone else? If so what did you do to try to stop it? This is getting frustrating and I'm starting to lose motivation.

Buffinlovin 06-05-2013 03:33 AM

I had this happen last week where I lost a good amount of weight for the week before, then after a long day of exercising (walked NYC), I gained almost 3 lbs, and it took until yesterday for it to all come off. I don't want to sound too personal, but could it be time-of-the-month? I'm finding my weight fluctuates a lot and is generally higher during that week, even with proper diet, exercise and lots of water.

I'm sure it will come off, it might just take an extra day or two =)

dstalksalot 06-05-2013 06:22 AM

^ what buffin said. :-) water weight.

Nick 06-05-2013 06:45 AM

Are you sleeping well? I've found that when I don't sleep well (that'd be around 8 hours a night for me) I'm not losing weight and sometimes I gain a few pounds.

luckymommy 06-05-2013 08:43 AM

Could there be anything wrong with your scale?

dragonstar85 06-05-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffinlovin (Post 4763228)
I don't want to sound too personal, but could it be time-of-the-month?

I thought of that but it's been like this for two weeks normally with my time of month I gain 3lbs for about 3 days then it's gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 4763287)
Are you sleeping well? I've found that when I don't sleep well (that'd be around 8 hours a night for me) I'm not losing weight and sometimes I gain a few pounds.

You know last three weeks I've been lucky if I even get 5-6 hours of sleep. Most of the time it's 4 or less. I think that could be it. Sadly with the amount of stressed I'm under right now I don't think I'll be getting good sleep in the next few weeks..... You know a mixture of no sleep and stress could very well be what's causing it.

dragonstar85 06-11-2013 01:42 PM

Quick update, I lost that 5lbs. I think Nick was right about the lack of sleep. Since then I've been forcing myself to bed earlier then I had been and oocuping my mind until I fell asleep so I couldn't focus on stress. I also prettty much got rid of one of the major stressers in my life so that helped make sleep easier. Cause that's all I had done was get more sleep and doing a lot of different things to relax and destress.

luckymommy 06-11-2013 01:53 PM

Great news...congrats! Thanks for posting an update.

dragonstar85 06-11-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckymommy (Post 4769571)
Great news...congrats! Thanks for posting an update.

Thanks!
Another thing I did was avoid getting on the scale and getting bummed until I jumped on today.