Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #61  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

So sorry to hear your are having a flare Diana....I hope that you will find yourself back to good health in no time. How long do your flares normally last?

I've been doing ok as far as staying OP. I'm day 7 into my squat challenge and I've exercised consistently. I'm trying to focus on the consistency and not the intensity right now...we'll see how that goes.

Still feeling kinda down in the dumps...

Have a good one guys!

1350 cals
270 out in exercise
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #62  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Congrats! I think that's a new low for you. Is that correct?
Yup! However, some of it is water weight. Coffee had me using the bathroom all day. I think I had a TOM whoosh too. I expect to be around 174.8 tomorrow.

Last edited by Psychic; 06-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #63  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I think I realize what caused the angioedema flare up. I was focusing on the fact that I was noticing things on Saturday and I tried to have a nice day, without stress. I couldn't understand why I was flaring except for the fact that crap happens. I was thinking about it this morning and come to think of it, last week was very stressful. Last Wednesday DH took his ASE test for his recertification. This is always stressful for us. The testing was different this time since it was all done on computer and the last time it was basic pencil/paper. I signed DH up for this a couple months ago and have been on him ever since about studying, etc. Like most tests, they are worded in a way that you need a PhD to understand. Since the testing was done on computer the results were known immediately. Anyways, DH passed with flying colors. In fact he made a higher grade than before. I was very relieved, but was very stressed until he got back from the test center. That was Wednesday. Thursday I decided to change the titling/registration of my Mom's vehicle over to my name. I thought I could just transfer the tags and finish out with taxes since there was actually 2 months left on it, but I couldn't. I had to run back to the shop to get the old tags to turn in, go to the tax office to pay the taxes, back to the highway department to turn in tags, apply for new title/registration. When I got to the tax office, I put the paperwork down and tried to tell the person what I needed to do, but it wouldn't come out. She said she knew what I needed to do and told me it was OK. She was very understanding. I guess it was more difficult than I thought it was going to be. When I got back to the highway department the lady asked the date. I choked up. It was May 30. May 30 is the day my Mom had the pulmonary embolism and ended up in the hospital. It went downhill for her from there. In two weeks it will be 1 year that she passed.

I truly think these stressors are what caused the flare up. Of course I could be wrong. This is all a learning process for me. I didn't think about it because the stressed had passed and I was felling better emotionally. But, I think it takes time for this thing to build.

Gonna Get There Soon Good job on the 170's. Now that I am taking the antihistamines on a regular basis the worst of it passes in a few days. This one started showing on Saturday and hopefully yesterday and today was the worst days. My mouth feels better today than it did yesterday, but the water weight showed up today. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, LOL.

Chronostasis Glad your back. Hopefully things will get back to normal for you, very quickly.

Ian Thank you. Good job on your fitness.

Syckgirlsfv Good job getting back on track. Don't lose that focus for Vegas!

mamakat No A/C? That's awful. Hopefully it won't get too hot in the mean time. I hope you have a good day.

alaskanlaughter I still have DOMS from running on Sunday. I have been walking funny ever since.

novangel Maybe you need a new program to work on. Something a little different. It could be you are just physically drained from standing all day and being around people. Going to the gym is not inspiring right now. Maybe something you can do at home might be better. Here's a good program that I have done. It's intense and a complete program: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...s-freytag-9186

lilmisschattabox Today is a new day. Keep trying. I hope today was better for you.

Psychic It's still a new low. It may or may not stick, but it was there this morning. Own it for today.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #64  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

afternoon everyone! I've been crazy at work lately and not able to post much - fiscal year end is near!

Did a bike ride for an hour and 15 minutes last night and knocked out almost all the water weight! this morning i was down to only 1 pound of water weight left to get rid of.

Dinner last night was one of my best creations! Simple but healthy and SUPERB tasting! I cooked ground turkey in a skillet w/organic no salt seasoning (costco) and in another pan sauteed shredded cabbage, mini portabella mushrooms and red pepper flakes in coconut oil. Added that all to the turkey pan, and sauteed chopped zucchini in coconut oil and then added THAT to the pan, simmered it all for a few minutes, and ate with Sriracha on top! WOW. So good...hubby had Panda and I swear mine was better!

B - SBD wrap w/egg sub, turkey bacon, horseradish cheddar
S - mini babybel light and a couple almonds
L - last night's AMAZING leftover ground turkey/mushroom/cabbage/zucchini skillet
S - either cranberry nut mix OR blueberry Fage Greek yogurt (0%)
D - I think I'm going to cook the pollo asada chicken I got from Vons in a skillet and make some fresh asparagus with lemon, and MAYBE vermicelli. Need quick prep cuz tonight is bible study

oh! Last night I had some peanut butter cup ice cream (single serving cup, Dreyers) and 2 bites of hubby's german chocolate cake! then wine...

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 06-05-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #65  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Diana3271 - *big big hugs* I am sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope things get less stressful for you.

Haven't been around for a few days. Oops. The past few days have not been perfect but nothing too terrible, did have a bit of ice cream, some goldfish crackers and a couple ciders but the scale was still nice today - I was totally shocked. Down 0.4 from Friday.

The weather is getting nice here again... for now anyway. So we have been taking full advantage of the BBQ and I have been making some delicious salads. My cousin spent a couple days at my house and she is always reading the labels of EVERYTHING - she doesn't count calories or need to lose weight but she is careful was goes in her body, made me realize I should be more careful too. Not like I eat a junk food but it was just interesting to see her read all the labels.

b - nut bar, coffee w/ milk
l - a delicious homemade salad (mixed greens, strawberries, feta, almonds, cucumber, tomatoes, snap peas, bell pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, chili flakes), boiled egg
s - peach, coffee w/ milk
d - probably left over chicken and maybe some fried onions and peppers or salad

Tonight I WILL stay out of the bag of goldfish!

Last edited by sotypical; 06-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #66  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

im so worn out that im just sitting here figuring out what to type lol.....I got up at 5 a.m. and did HIIT running at the gym...went to work and was on my feet All Day....I need a pedometer to see how much walking i'm doing at work...my joints have always been sensitive to cold temps and weather changes and I spent time in a 28-degree walk-in freezer this afternoon, plus the weather changed to an absolute downpour.....which made my entire hip, knee and ankle on that right side hurt like crazy for awhile....its better since I came home, put on dry clothes and sat down in a warm house for awhile
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #67  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Can't believe I almost forgot to check in on this one.

Sorry to hear about your stress Diana. It does sound a lot to handle. I'm thinking a little more kickboxing and a little less yoga might help with days like you've had. With weighted gloves of course (yikes!).

For me, thinks are OK today. Won one game at bowling last night and came second to last in the other two. It was fun.

So down another 0.6lbs today but am expecting a gain tomorrow because I always get a weekly gain and the scale is showing me 1.4lbs up in the evening which will be hard to shift overnight. But we'll see.

Anyway, for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar.
2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo.

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, tomato, palm hearts, stuffed vine leaf, cottage cheese, mushroom, red pepper, asparagus, kidney beans, beet, onion, apple, argula and spicy salsa.

Dinner: Am drinking Green Flash Palate Wrecker beer.

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Did 55 minutes in the gym lifting heavy.

Last edited by IanG; 06-05-2013 at 08:10 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #68  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Diana - Sorry to hear of the stressful week and flare-up. At least you were able to identify it, though. Make sure you get in that yoga!
Syckgirlsfv - Mmm...sounds yummy! Great job on the bike ride!
sotypical - I admit that I just about always look at labels now (partly for health and partly to check for wheat/gluten). It's amazing how many questionable ingredients hide in things.
alaskanlaughter - Wow, that much walking/running would hurt my joints too (even as a young'un). Sending wishes for a quick recovery and nicer weather.

-----------
Breakfast (210 kcal):
vegetable egg white souffle - 150 kcal
frozen green beans - 60 kcal

Snacks (500 kcal):
cashew cookie Larabar - 230 kcal
fuji apple - ~90 kcal
edamame pods/lima beans mix - 180 kcal

Dinner (415 kcal):
fuji apple - ~80 kcal
exotic mix vegetable chips - 150 kcal
lowfat mango kefir - 140 kcal
fresh raspberries - ~45 kcal

Total: ~1125 kcal
Exercise: C25K W1D3

Keeping the streak going.

Last edited by Chronostasis; 06-05-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

It appears the phone situation has been resolved, for now. We have had this problem for several years, now. It only happens when we get a lot of rain. Not a drizzle or normal rain. It has to be a lot. A different guy came out today. He found some wires that were corroded and showed them to DH. He replaced the wires. It is my understanding (I hadn't gotten to work, yet) that these wires are inside. I'm not sure how this could be the issue since they are inside and water is not coming inside. Unless it has to do with the build up of moisture. Who knows. All I know is that the phones work right now. We have had a dozen or so techs come out for this problem over the years. Everyone replaces something different. I guess we will eventually have all new wiring in this building, LOL. We will know in time if he fixed the problem. The good thing is that we have the wiring maintenance, so I don't have to pay for them to come out. The bad thing, of course, is the inconvenience and loss of business due to the phone not working. We have had another 3 inches of rain today and it's pouring again. I called the shop and the phone still rings, which is a good sign. We couldn't get incoming calls before. Hopefully it's really fixed this time. We are suppose to be getting tropical storm Andrea starting tomorrow through the weekend. The other day there was a tornado on the ground close to the area where my Mom's house is. The weather channel even mentioned the area.

Syckgirlsfv Great job getting rid of that water weight.

Sotypical Thank you. Grief and stress is a funny thing. At times I think I'm doing better but I realize it's a process and it will take time. Did you stay strong against those goldfish?

Alaskanlaughter I hope you rest well tonight.

Ian Hopefully you won't have a gain, but you are learning your body cycles and know what to expect. Good job staying active.

Chronostasis Thank you. Good job sticking to your plan. I know you feel better now you have your own foods again.

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-05-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #70  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Sirloin 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
G. Gomez's Kickboxing Cardio Burn w/weighted gloves
Old 06-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #71  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I truly think these stressors are what caused the flare up. Of course I could be wrong. This is all a learning process for me. I didn't think about it because the stressed had passed and I was felling better emotionally. But, I think it takes time for this thing to build.
No doubt it's stress related! I've had physical and mental changes since my Mom passed and I know it's because of stress.

I will look into that link, thank you. I have thought about picking up Jillian again but I don't want to go through the week of being crippled when I have to stand at work. She makes you SORE. I have never been so sore in my life, I couldn't even get on/off the toilet without screaming. I'm not exaggerating, at all.

I got in 55 minutes on the treadmill tonight, I will play tomorrow by ear depending on TOM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #72  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm swollen again this morning, but feel better.

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 160.6
Up: .4

novangel How long ago did your Mom pass? How long before you started feeling better about things?

I am always so hard on myself and expect the best. I can tell that I am better and know it just takes time. I think my big problem is that I had so many losses so close together. I was just getting over one thing and something else would happen.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #73  
Warrior Princess

She passed in 2007 and for me it never got 100% better. I cope ok but always feel a void. They say it takes 5 years but I'm past that point so I just live with it the best I can, by keeping busy. We were super close though so it's different for everyone. Expect 3-5 years before you can deal with it better...unfortunately.

Another crappy day out. It's June 6th and 50-something degrees out with rain. Perfect day off. :/ I have some errands to run and hope to get to the gym later.

Have a great one, Ladies!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #74  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
She passed in 2007 and for me it never got 100% better. I cope ok but always feel a void. They say it takes 5 years but I'm past that point so I just live with it the best I can, by keeping busy. We were super close though so it's different for everyone. Expect 3-5 years before you can deal with it better...unfortunately.

Another crappy day out. It's June 6th and 50-something degrees out with rain. Perfect day off. :/ I have some errands to run and hope to get to the gym later.

Have a great one, Ladies!
It's about 50 degrees and raining here too Going on a beach hike later with about 60 students....Fun fun! Hope we scare the bears away!

Went to the gym after DRAGGING my butt out of bed this morning ughhh...Did HIIT running at the gym....Now off to work
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #75  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Big exercise day for me today. I hope I am not overdoing it but I went running this morning and a friend wants me to go the gym with him to do weights at lunch. I have never done twice in a day before.

So up 0.6lbs today. My weekly gain day.

Anyway, for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar.
2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo.

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, tomato, asparagus, stuffed cottage cheese, mushroom, red pepper, kidney beans, beet, onion, quinoa, tangerine and spicy salsa.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker).

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Ran 3.1 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill. Just about to go to the gym for an hour or so to do heavy lifting. Ouch.

Last edited by IanG; 06-06-2013 at 11:50 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote