Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #1  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Default I Spoil Myself By...

I know, food is not a reward, but I seriously just had the best lunch ever! All home cooked (because I'm too cheap to eat out every day, and I'm a darn good cook if I do say so myself ), half a grilled chicken breast, grilled asparagus, and cottage cheese.

Months ago, "spoiling myself" would have been going out to a fast food restaurant and getting something from there. Now, spoiling myself is having flavorful healthier foods for lunch.

This morning I felt like I could conquer the world and thought "I think tonight calls for a walk!!!" (you know, get out, enjoy the sunshine/fresh air, and all that jazz)

What ways do you spoil/reward yourself? What things do you do as a treat that months ago you would have thought "That's not a treat!!!"

Last edited by PreciousMissy; 05-30-2013 at 01:24 PM.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #2  

Yay for you rewarding yourself!! And I feel like homemade meals are that much better as they are so fresh, prepared with love, and enjoyed in our home. Sounds so good!!

I love the feeling of being able to conquer the world. It's hard to put into words when I get that feeling but "conquering the world" is exactly what it feels like.

I feel like every day is a treat to myself, the rewards now is the weightloss itself. Summer weather is finally showing its face and the happiness (and not dread) of not having to be so embarrassed and fearful of going in public is a priceless reward. I was still over 300lbs last summer when the fall was approaching. This year I'm over 1/3rd less weight, I can't even believe it.

Your thread made me so happy to read. Enjoy your day, you deserve it!! And conquer some world while you are at it!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #3  
Started IP 10/21/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324
Yay for you rewarding yourself!! And I feel like homemade meals are that much better as they are so fresh, prepared with love, and enjoyed in our home. Sounds so good!!

I love the feeling of being able to conquer the world. It's hard to put into words when I get that feeling but "conquering the world" is exactly what it feels like.

I feel like every day is a treat to myself, the rewards now is the weightloss itself. Summer weather is finally showing its face and the happiness (and not dread) of not having to be so embarrassed and fearful of going in public is a priceless reward. I was still over 300lbs last summer when the fall was approaching. This year I'm over 1/3rd less weight, I can't even believe it.

Your thread made me so happy to read. Enjoy your day, you deserve it!! And conquer some world while you are at it!!
Thanks Elvis!

I am so glad you're able to go out and be comfortable in your own skin this summer, you've worked so hard for it! Now go out, enjoy the sunshine/fresh air, and all that jazz!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Old 05-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've always enjoyed healthy food, but there were many healthy foods I rarely bought because I thought them "too expensive," and foods I didn't try because I didn't want them to go to waste if I didn't like them.

I'm still very budget conscious, but I'm much more willing to spend a little extra money and time choosing foods that are both better for me, and better taasting.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #6  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Ah... I need to get back some of that passion and motivation that you have! I used to have it!

Just out of curiosity, if grilled chicken, asparagus and cottage cheese is a treat, what do you usually have for lunch? The only reason I ask is that grilled chicken or fish and some sort of grilled, steamed or roasted veggie is pretty much an every day part of my diet. (Granted, its usually a dinner menu item, while I usually have salad for lunch.) Was there something more special about how you prepared it?
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #7  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

I like to treat myself to sherbet or frozen yogurt....months ago, I wouldn't even dream of that being a treat. I never eat fast food unless I'm on a road trip with the kiddos and need the dollar menu lol...( five kids is expensive )

My husband and I are constantly looking for new recipes. We've really changed our eating habits not just with us, but the kiddos as well. A treat for me would be one of dh awesome grilled burgers with the works! yum!
I'm so lucky to have him because he LOVES to cook and loves to teach me...so we do all our meals at home and treat ourselves to lots of healthy goodies!! *sigh*...he's so great..
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #8  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Cockles. $10 a tin. Low calorie. Very high in protein. Just what I need.

Also going for run outside is a real treat for me, because it implies time off from work to do this rather than having to use the treadmill at the gym.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #9  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Cockles. $10 a tin. Low calorie. Very high in protein. Just what I need.

Also going for run outside is a real treat for me, because it implies time off from work to do this rather than having to use the treadmill at the gym.
I sometimes do the same with jumbo lump crab meat.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #10  
Started IP 10/21/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
Just out of curiosity, if grilled chicken, asparagus and cottage cheese is a treat, what do you usually have for lunch? The only reason I ask is that grilled chicken or fish and some sort of grilled, steamed or roasted veggie is pretty much an every day part of my diet. (Granted, its usually a dinner menu item, while I usually have salad for lunch.) Was there something more special about how you prepared it?
I usually have a protein and veggie of some sort, or soup. I don't put much thought into lunch. I usually throw whatever into my lunch bag as I'm running out the door. I just happened to have some extra leftovers from grilling and decided to take my time this morning and really rifle through the fridge to see what treasures it held.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #11  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I spoil myself by running races. The feeling I get after finishing a race, I can't even explain how great it is.
Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I've always enjoyed healthy food, but there were many healthy foods I rarely bought because I thought them "too expensive," and foods I didn't try because I didn't want them to go to waste if I didn't like them.

I'm still very budget conscious, but I'm much more willing to spend a little extra money and time choosing foods that are both better for me, and better tasting.
I have to try to be more like you, kaplods. My logic used to be that I wouldn't pay $3.99lb for asparagus (or whatever I was wanting that was out of my price comfort) but I'd pay $15 for a takeout pizza, $4 for a bag of chips and $2 for a 2 liter Coke. But the asparagus was too expensive....*shakes my head*
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I have to try to be more like you, kaplods. My logic used to be that I wouldn't pay $3.99lb for asparagus (or whatever I was wanting that was out of my price comfort) but I'd pay $15 for a takeout pizza, $4 for a bag of chips and $2 for a 2 liter Coke. But the asparagus was too expensive....*shakes my head*

I know, right? But we're conditioned to think that way (it's not genetic). It took YEARS for me to undo the habit of buying the least expensive (everything) and when spluging, doing so with completely unnecessary items rather than higher quality versions of necessities. I learned the habit from my mother and grandmother and the other women in our family and neighborhood (and in books, movies, tv...)

Luckily, we can learn and teach. My mother taught me to be too frugal when it came to healthy food, and my sisters and I have taught her that healthy splurging makes weight management a whole lot more fun and less miserable.

I stil look for bargains, but I don't buy the cheapest just because it's cheapest. If it's something I like on sale, bonus - but to pick a variety of say apple that I don't like, just because it's the cheapest... I don't do that anymore.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #14  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

I'm very careful to not reward or spoil myself with food, of any sort, because for me it perpetuates my unhealthy relationship with food.

I decided early on that my rewards would be to spoil myself with things that I would not normally buy or do for myself. Is it expensive? Yes, but I'm saving so much $$$ on food and eating out, I see it as a trade off.

My recent spoilings:

I just ordered a large selection of Amore Pacific skin care products for losing 25 pounds. I love the product, but they're super expensive, and normally I wouldn't spend that kind of money for something like skin care. But I'm all about taking care of ME these days, and I'm worth it.

Also decided as long as I'm losing and/or maintaining I'm getting my hair done every 6 weeks instead of every 8 weeks. I'm working hard to make my body look good and I don't want to feel like my hair looks like crap 1/4 of the time.

I just ordered myself a new sun hat and beach bag for poolside and vacation. Much more pricey than my old target hat & bag, but I'm worth it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (24.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by SuperHeroTeacher; 05-30-2013 at 07:55 PM.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #15  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Couldn't get two pics in my post above???

Here's the sun hat:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (24.2 KB, 1 views)
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote