Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Default I need a kick in the butt

The last month I have done nothing right to lose weight. I'm continuing to lose weight, but only through the grace of breastfeeding a hungry, growing 9 month old boy. Plus I do take walks with him and carry him on my back in my ergo or boba. I'm 160 lbs and I've lost about 40. I want to lose another 20 ish but I'm going nowhere with what I'm doing now.

I was finishing up a hectic college semester with my baby. With finals and all, I just stopped working out to my Jillian Michaels DVDs (my workout of choice). I promised myself I'd start up again but I haven't. I have time to do so when baby naps as I don't have homework, but I just sit online...

And my eating is awful. I'm eating an extra 500 calories of crap. Horrible for baby and me. I had a serving of root beer, two oreos and two zebra cakes today in addition to an otherwise healthy eating day. HAVE to cut the sweets. There's no reason why I should. I still count calories on myfitness app on my kindle, but I hate seeing me go over every day.

I know we're all busy, I have no excuse. In fact, this weekend I'll be moving to a new place, so that's new reasoning to not workout. Ugh.

Please kick me in the butt. Tell me something to motivate me to workout tomorrow. It sounds so obvious but I need encouragement, too. This is my first roadblock to losing weight.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Maybe it is just me, but your "side track" does not look all that bad. Sounds like you have a lot going on...finals, moving.. baby... how about you give yourself just a teeny little break? First.... breathe.... just because your eating has not been what you hoped does not mean you are doomed. Just means things got a little crazy. My first thought is you are seeking comfort and some stress relief--- what are you doing to take care fo yourself during this crazy time? Are you getting enough rest? Are you able to have any "down" time? Sometimes we compensate with food for lack in other areas--- just a thought.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

racrane, Look what you have done already, 40 pounds lost, that is a great loss, congratulations.To get the rest off think of that beautiful baby boy, he deserves a healthy mommy. You can do it !!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote