3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Just a fabulous week (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/281760-just-fabulous-week.html)

Novus 05-17-2013 06:29 AM

Just a fabulous week

I lost 3.2 pounds this week! That is far and away the most I've lost in one week thus far. I can't believe I only have about 12 pounds to go to my goal of losing 50 pounds. Woa.

New hairstyle plus losing weight equals the awesomeness of people not recognizing you. Many people at work said they had to do a double take to even realize it was me. Two co-workers told me that people from other departments asked them who the "new girl" was. I ran into someone from high school and she gasped, "You look so different! You've lost a lot of weight! And you look so young!" And a regular customer looked puzzled when I remembered his usual order. I told him that of course I knew what he wanted because he always gets the same thing. He continued to look puzzled for a moment, and then his eyes widened and he said, "Oh, wow. I didn't even know who you were."

AND....after two years as working as a temp at Job 1, I'm getting hired in on June 1. It will still only be part time so I'll have to keep Job 2, but hooray for job security! Plus, I'm getting a $2/hr raise. Woohoo.

I am a very happy girl right now!

JenMusic 05-17-2013 07:49 AM

That's an AMAZING week, Novus! Congratulations on all you've accomplished and how well things are coming together for you! :)

bsumpter0211 05-17-2013 07:52 AM

What a wonderful week for you... Hope you have many more!! :)

CherryPie99 05-17-2013 08:26 AM

Love, love, love weeks like that! Ride high on this!

betsy2013 05-17-2013 09:20 AM

What a great week!!!!! Thank you for sharing this as it's refreshing to have such a positive post.

bethFromDayton 05-17-2013 10:11 AM

That is so awesome, Novus! Congrats on having a wonderful fantastic week! And I'm so glad to see you're got the 180s under control!

elvislover324 05-17-2013 11:48 AM

Yay!! I LOVE :love: posts like these ones!!!

And that woosh fairy has been really good this week picking up lost pounds from all of us!!
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congrats on everything you posted, you made me smile reading the whole thing. I could feel your excitement in the post! :hug: All of your successes were because of your hard work and I'm so happy for you!! :)

BuddysBuddy 05-17-2013 03:12 PM

That's really great ! I'm like Elvis, love to hear/see this type of post. Good For You !

IanG 05-17-2013 03:22 PM

Cool Novus. Just cool!

curvynotlumpy 05-17-2013 03:43 PM

Aww, Novus, you made my heart sing! You should be thrilled! Congratulations on so much of your life coming together at the same time :carrot::carrot:

Novus 05-17-2013 05:18 PM

I love you guys!!! :hug:

I really hope posts like this will encourage people that the whole journey to a new life thing is TOTALLY DOABLE....and so very worth it!

Lecomtes 05-17-2013 05:40 PM

Way to go Novus!!! That is excellent! A raise and an awesome loss! Congratulations!

wannaskipandlaugh 05-18-2013 10:37 AM

Novus..... That was such a treat to hear of your wonderful news.... Weight OH YEAH,, Getting hired (even PT turns into FT!!) GOOD FOR YOU. This feeling of the whole world coming together with wonderful things for you is just the best and I am so glad that it happened to you. Plantinum Star day if you ask me!! MAY you have Many Many Many more!!

I think sharing this feeling lets us all remember that we can have these days too :) TY

Novus 05-18-2013 03:17 PM

Thankies Lecomtes and wannaskipandlaugh! :D

And as if this week wasn't already perfectly grand, I set a PR on my morning run today. Wheeee. :running:

ShaMac 05-18-2013 03:54 PM

Novus, you are on fire this week:carrot: With three great accomplishments in one week you are unstoppable!