Wake up Call

• Wow! Saw a picture of myself today and I cried... 2 years ago I was thin and looked really good.. Now, I can't even see the light at the end of the tunnel to being back in a size 12/14. I want to make a commitment to myself to DO this for once, and not just yo-yo... I have to change my lifestyle...starting now! Its so hard though, I always have great intentions and fail and as soon as I lose a couple lbs. I drop off the program... Just got a pilates video today - I think I'll start with that ... I don't want to be fat anymore.. I want to buy clothes i like again...

Wish me luck ladies... this website will be my inspiration... I've seen all the success stories and all i can say is Congrats! I hope im lucky enough to post my success in the near future...

Starting Weight - 270
    Current Weight - 270
    Goal Weight (long term) - 175 - 185lbs.
    Goal for Sept 1st/2003 - 245 lbs.
  • Brooklyn,

Welcome!! You've made a great start just by coming here. I know that we'll be reading your success story in the near future. What kind of an eating plan are you using? I'd love to know how you like the Pilates video. I'd like to try it.

If you'd like, come over and join us at the 100 lb Club and post there. There's a really great group of people over there and it's really active. We'd love to have you join us!!
  • Well as far as the eating plan goes, basically low fat - just trying to eat healthy, lots of fruit & veggies, no fast food/junk food..
    Lots of water, pilates 3 times a weekand going to the gym twice a week...hopefully it works!

We'll see!

Thanks for your support!
    Im on my way to find the 100+ club....

Cheers!
  • i wish you great success on your weight loss journey, brooklyn!
  • Welcome Brooklyn!

With the plan you have, you will definitely see progress soon! Healthy eating and exercise is actually the very best way to lose. Not the fastest necessarily but the way that I think can last a lifetime unlike some of the fad diets where once you go off of them, you gain again. Getting in the habit of eating right is a change that can last a lifetime.

Just remember, there will be plenty of times you'll mess up but that's ok. If a craving gets the best of you and you give in...dont fret it, just immediately get back on track. That's the biggest change I've made. In the past, if I blew it, I'd say.."Oh well, might as well eat now..already blew it anyway".

Good luck! Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.

Miki