Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like everyone has done a really grat jod today of staying OP. I had 2 slips but hey it's over with and tomorrow is the start of anither day. As for the starting a thread it really makes to difference to me whatsoever. Just got home from work and I am just about ready to hit the hay I have to be up early in the morning for an early day. Workout went great. Time for bed so that I can get my beauty rest and be energized for tomorrow.

sandy
Old 06-04-2003, 06:22 AM   #32  

Rise and Shine BEAUTIFUL ladies. It's the start of a new day. I am beutiful......and I will radiate this today? Gosh, I hope so? I got an e mail from my boss yesterday, she said we are moving the office to a better location and we are changing the name slightly? I do all the book work, so I wonder how slightly and how intence this will be for me to change everything over. I might be busy for a bit? The office is smaller, but she plans on working from home lots, so that's a plus for me. We will see.

I'm having my first cup of java with you girls again, sugar free again. I think today I will focus on making sure I get all the water in, I'm not sure how much I did yesterday, I did not measure it. It was a lot though.

I will check in from work....
Wishing you all a wonderful OP day.
**Peek**
Old 06-04-2003, 06:44 AM   #33  

Good Morning ladies!

I only have a couple minutes as I am taking dh to work this morning and stopping at the store.

Way to go Sandy! That is the way to look at slips, you'll do better tomorrow. Tomorrow is here so I know you will do spectacular today.

I had a terrible time sleeping last night. My one hip wouldn't quit hurting. Old age is the pits! lol

My Wednesday woe is not about a trouble I am having as I seem to be doing pretty good, it is about others. My wish is that overweight people were seen as just people, like people with glasses are people who wear glasses or people that wear purple and orange together, though they have no fashion sense , they are who they are. Together I think we can work to make it more acceptable not being tiny by holding our heads up and being proud of who we are. If the world sees we are not ashamed, they will not shame us!

Be proud of the wonderful and beautiful human being you are inside and OUT!

Got out and take the world by storm today ladies.

Peek, hold onto the lifeboat, it may be a rocky ride. Our company was bought out and they changed everything and it was crazy. (the funny thing is the company did poorly financially so they sold it back and so everything had to be changed again!)

Faye
Old 06-04-2003, 08:10 AM   #34  

Thumbs down Sunny Morning....For Now

Good morning Everyone

We were supposed to get all kinds of rain today, but it looks like it will just be a shower here and there later tonight. For now, we are blessed with sunshine

Faye: I hope that your thumb is feeling better this morning. Isn't that always the case? Once you hurt it, you just keep on hurting it!!

I love Thomas Kinkade as well. I love to go to the little gallery in the mall. My MIL bought us one of the little display plates for our Anniversary one year. His stuff is just beautiful. Expensive, but beautiful

How is your hip feeling? Hate when you can't sleep because your body isn't feeling good! I had one of those nights too.

I, too, wish that people would see overweight people as just the same. It bothers me that people have to put a label on it to begin with. My mother does this alot. When she is talking about someone, she always has to throw a comment in about size if they are overweight. It never has anything to do with anything. It is a common descriptor for her. People just can't seem to see beyond it.

Peek: Did you have fun at Bingo?? That is definitely a good time

Great attitude you have this morning!! It got that song, "You are Beautiful" by Christina Aguilara in my head,

Good luck with your office move. Hopefully, it will not be too stressful or too much of a burden for you!

I guess my Wednesday Woe would be in regard to what you were talking about, Faye. This whole "love yourself" and "you are beautiful" concept is a hard one for me to apply to myself. And the thing is, until I learn to accept MYSELF and love MYSELF for who I am--regardless of my size--I will continue to project that aura that it is ok to judge me for it. If that makes sense. I think when you are confident and feel good about yourself, it radiates and people tend to be more able to overlook, or not focus on size. This is something I really need to work on. I think it really started to wear on me when my mom made a comment about my older sister who is overweight also. She called me and told me that my sister had lost all her looks. That she wasn't even pretty anymore and that she just looked old and haggard and worn out. My sister is only 37!! She has been gaining even more weight lately and my mother is constantly on her case about it. It really upset me for her to be saying this about my sister. I thought it was mean. It's like, you can't be pretty if you are overweight? She definitely equates looks with size. And if she can say this about my sister, what does she say about me behind my back? If my own mother isn't even accepting of her overweight children, why would I expect the world to be? The frustrating part of it is that my mom is not free of weight issues herself. Granted, she is not obese, but she has weight problems. I told her once that she needed to have some understanding and compassion for anyone seriously overweight because if she can't even lose the few pounds she needs to lose, why wouldn't it be a million times harder for those carrying ALOT of extra weight? I mean, really! Anyway....there are alot of things going on for me that contribute to the poor body-image and self-image. My other big issue is that I have had alot of hair loss going on. I have had everything checked. Even had a biopsy of my scalp by my Dermatologist. It is plain old heriditary hair loss. My older sister has this and a few others in the family. In the past year, alot has fallen out. I used Rogaine for 8 months and it did nothing. What a pain that was! Anyhow, I am not bald, but you can see through to my scalp in the front. Like the outline and it wears on me every time I look in the mirror. Combine that with the weight and I have a hard time feeling anything but freakish sometimes, lol!

I know that the tapes we play over and over in our own heads do not help. I believe that we say more negative things to ourselves than anyone else ever could. It is how to stop those messages. So, this is what I really really REALLY need to work on!! How to do this, though? Any suggestions? My husband is wonderful to me. He tells me that I am beautiful every single day and I know that he means it. But until I feel that way about myself, it doesn't change a thing. The funny thing is that if anyone else told me that they were feeling this way, I would tell them to stop it and tell them all the wonderful things I know to be true about them and blah, blah, blah. So, why can't I tell myself the same things and BELIEVE THEM, ??

Ok, again, I have rambled enough. I am going to go do my step aerobics. Hoping our weather warms up soon here so that I can start adding swimming to my day as well! It is not really getting out of the 60's or low 70's for the next week or so. I wonder if this will be a cold summer?

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Last edited by Getinfit; 06-04-2003 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:35 AM   #35  

I cannot believe I can't go into a grocery store and not spend a bunch of money. I went in there for a couple pet things and ended up spending $52 and that is not even regular grocery shopping, which I get to go and do today. DH is gonna kill me because he always goes with me so I don't have to carry in the groceries when we get home. He is forever telling me not to go while he is at work so he can help me, but I want to get it done.

As soon as ole 9 am rolls around I am off to the pool. I want to get done so I can go to the store. The one I go to is a quite a drive from home and I buy the bulk of my groceries for 2 weeks at a time.

Michelle: Honey, I am so sorry that besides the overweight issue, you have to deal with hair loss. That in itself is one heck of a self image destroyer. You keep that beautiful chin of yours up and keep plugging along and you will succeed! As for the Thomas Kinkade, you are right he can be expensive, but if you really like him having just a couple of his things are nice. My little music box was less than $35 and it gives me a nice peaceful feeling listening to the music and seeing the little lights in the cottage.

To everyone else I wish a great OP morning and day. Dig deep in your souls today girls and bring up that strength of commitment I know that each of you have to do this. For inspiration for all you have to do today here are our little friends to remind us!

Looking ahead to tomorrow. I am making Thurs our Time for you Thur. Now this is real important gals so try and do this if at all possible. Try and take at least an hour on Thur to do something for yourself. Manicure, pedicure, read a book, nice leisurely bath, crafts, gardening, BINGO!, anything that gives you just an hour to yourself. Talk to dh and tell him that he is responible for 1 hour for the kids on Thur if you can't get it in during the day and have kids at home. I know that not working outside the home and not having children in the home, I have an unusual amount of time most of you don't but try to give yourself the time. You deserve it for all the hard work you do. If Thur is not a good day, pick a day and get your hour in.

Be sweet ladies

Faye
Old 06-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #36  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Good morning ladies and thanks for all the happy thoughts! I feel so welcomed to this group! I did pretty good yesterday, though I OD'd on the Snack Wells mini choco chip cookies! But no more than 2 servings, so not soooo bad. I am a pertual non-cook, so I rely on microwaveable stuff for meals at work, today I'm having Spaghettios, 180 cal and 1 g fat, not too bad for a junk food, right? The only thing I strayed from yesterday was my exercise, I took a MEGA power walk on Monday and am still sore from that...plus being overly tired from my 'mystery illness'. *shrug* Who knows?

BUT...today is a new day and I do feel mostly beautiful today, i say mostly because we are having YET ANOTHER day of rain here in Pennsylvania. I'm starting to wonder if we are going for 40 days/40 nights of straight rain!!! But how can one expect to have a good hair day in weather like this?

Anyway, good luck today ladies!!!! Keep up the good, I mean GREAT work!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:49 AM   #37  

Hey there girls,
I'm at work now and all alone....just the way I like it . I have started the day off good once again, I have had 2 coffees and a bowl of cereal (cocoa-puffs) I think that helps the sweet need, it was a small bowl, then hubby saw me drinking the milk right out of the bowl... he said "OH WHAT A LADY YOU ARE " he was laughing. Now I know I am not the only one to drink my cereal mild...LOL.

So, I'm ready to switch over to water for the rest of the day. I brought my lunch too, tuna is the choice today.

Yes, I had a wonderful time at Bingo, but I didn't win a thing .

Michelle: OMG, I can so understand the hair thing. I have really thin hair and you can see my scalp and I am 33 years old. I have always had thin hair, but lately it just seems to be getting thinner. I try not to let it bother me, there is nothing I can do about it. If you stop to look around though, you will find lots of woman that have thin or thinning hair. My hair is so thin that if I forget to wear a hat outside I will burn the top of my scalp, then it peels and looks like I have major dandruff going on .

On the thread issue? I think if I am in charge of it, I will start a new one every month, that way we all know that come the first of the month give or take a day a new one will be started. I will always leave the last posting saying that we have moved on and where to find us and will just add the number of the thread to the end of the name like this Time for SERIOUS FUN #2.

I guess I should really get to work, this is a pay week and I have to get all these time sheets entered so I can print checks.

Tootles chick pea's,
**PEEK**
Old 06-04-2003, 11:46 AM   #38  

BRRRRRRRRRRR! Hear my teeth cccchattering? The water was
COLD this morning. I put my big ole banana boat foot on that step and had something akin to a sexual experience without the partner and the afterglow I did increase my exercise time by 5 minutes today. I am also down another 1.5 lbs! Look out world here comes the sexy old lady!

Ok, Peek's been watching too much Gidget on the TV. That was the last time I heard tootles! Actually, I love that show. I just think it is so cute. I would have died for some of those clothes she wore when I was a kid. And now from the diaries of Faye and her kooky family: Your Cocoapuffs made me think of when my daughter was in high school. She bought some CocoPebbles at the store when I went shopping and kept them in her room as a snack. She ate pretty much the whole box I guess almost at one sitting dry not with milk (she is skinny as a rail I might add!) and ended up getting really really sick. She was out of school for 3 days with an impacted bowel. Needless to say, she never did that again!

Missy you are very much part of this group! BUT spaghettios....ugh! I used to gag when I gave them to my kids. They loved the kind with the little meatballs if I remember right. The grandson is not allowed stuff like that so it has been a really really long time! I would have never thought they would be that low cal though. Eat up and enjoy, but give those ole choc chip cookies a good cursing out for making you eat them. HOW DARE THEY DO SUCH A THING!

Well, though I would love to linger and yak up a storm, the store is calling my name so I better get to it!

Au Revoir Mes Amis!
Faye
Old 06-04-2003, 12:59 PM   #39  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

This board is gonna get me fired from work, LOL. It gives me something to do during the slow times, which lately, have been a plenty, so I turn towards the net for things to occupy my time, instead of those tasty food items people always bring in....there is one of those leftover "retirement' style cakes sitting here...it doesn't even look good, but it's slightly calling my name! But I was a good girl today and had an english muffin (complete with nooks and crannies) for breakfast.

Anywho...yep Faye, I'm a junk food junkie...McD's fries are my WEAKNESS, and chocolate and salt. Pretty much ANYTHING that's bad for you. BUT, I am a big 25 year old loser who doesn't make enough $$$ to live on her own, so my mommy still makes me dinners, and I learned early on how tasty veggies can be, so I always have veggies in my dinner. But yeah, Spaghettios, don't know why but...mmmm...they are good. I THOUGHT about the meatball ones, but they weren't worth that extra 7g of fat!!! I also prefer Kraft Mac & Cheese to the homemade stuff, how's that for weird.

So today ladies I'm looking for suggestions...what are some good snacks to eat. I love choco chip rice cakes but they are getting old. Also snacked on the low fat grahams. But I pretty much like anything, so...lay some suggestions on me...but remember, easiness is the KEY to me.

STAY HAPPY GIRLIES!!!

later,
Missy
Old 06-04-2003, 01:01 PM   #40  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

PS - I'm afraid if I curse out the cookies Faye they will jump in my mouth again to shut me up! LOL So I'm just locking them FARRRRRR away.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:16 PM   #41  

Missy, try the amost fat free microwave popcorns....they are a lifesaver to me at times. I love the Orville Redenbocker Kettle corn one for a sweet and I mean sweet treat. Or try the skinny cow ice cream treats or the Klondike ones.....and Snackwells are good if you can eat just one serving~~~ I too have a hard time with a box of goodies sitting there just staring at me. I think that is where I have to learn the self control thing.

I just got done with the payroll and had my lunch and figured I would pop on in and see how everyone was doing.......ONE BIG PROBEM???? Where the heck is everyone? Yesterday we were chatty chatty and today???? Let's see this makes ummmmmm I think #3 post for me today and 3 or 4 for Missy and 3 for Faye and 1 nice big one for Michelle so that leaves......Jana and elle, and the other Sandy????? Where are you girls today?

Faye, major grocery trip huh? Don't forget all the wonderful healthy foods you have on your list. "TOOTLES" I must have heard someone say it or seen in on someones post, cause I don't usually use that word, but I kinda like it, so I think I will use it for a while .

I will try to get my walk in today or at least some of the Walk away the pounds tape. I was lax with the exercise bit yesterday, but I was cleaning the house a lot, laundry is in the cellar and I washed and waxed the kitchen floor. But the challenge is 4 times a week right?

Tootles,
**PEEK**
Old 06-04-2003, 01:56 PM   #42  

Talking Hello Hello :)

Good afternoon Gang :

I am working in my office today, trying to organize things a bit. That is always fun And I actually DO mean that

I am drinking decaf mandarin orange tea with raspberry honey. It is kind of a breezy, chilly day today, and I just felt like some tea. Plus, I was hoping it would chase the munchies away!! So far, so good!

Faye: I know what you mean about shopping and prices!! Jeff, my husband, and I keep saying how we can't believe how much it costs to go to the grocery store these days!! Especially when you try to be good and load up on fruits and veggies!! Yikes!!

ROFL about your little cold water experience this morning!!! But, CONGRATULATIONS on your 1.5 lb. weight loss!!!! Excellent!!! You are doing very well, my dear!! Keep it up

Missy: I like spaghettios every once in a while, too! I don't eat them often, but every few months I will have some.

And with the cereal, my husband likes to eat alot of the "not so good for you" kinds, and I enjoy a bowl or 2 here and there. I had to implement a rule where we are only allowed to get the "junk" kind once per month, lol!

I forget what you said you do for work, Missy? I don't envy you trying to resist all that stuff. It would be calling my name, too, lol!!! Don't give in to the urge. Post here if need be. We will try to talk you down,

Hey, don't be calling yourself a loser, either, just because you aren't able to move out yet. The time will come soon enough!

You asked for snack suggestions. Do you like fruit and yogurt? Frozen grapes and frozen blueberries are really good. Also, if you cut up some banana and dip it in some chocolate sauce and freeze, these are delish as well. Warning about the blueberries....don't eat them at work unless you don't care that your mouth and lips will turn completely blue, lol. They are my favorite snack at night during the summer when it is hot, though!! Fat-free puddings are good too. I like the devil's food kind. Even a whole wheat peanut butter sandwich is a very healthy thing! Plus, it will give you more staying power than alot of the sugary cookies, candy and cakes, etc. What about some low-fat cottage cheese and some veggies for dipping? All these things are easy and portable Half a turkey sandwich with lowfat cheese and mustard is good. Try to think of snacks that have more satisfying elements. That might help you through a tough afternoon at work!

Peek: How are you doing on your water intake today? Do you like flavored seltzers? I like those as sometimes just plain water can be a bit redundant.

Bummer that you didn't win anything with Bingo last night! Maybe next time

I am sorry that you, too, suffer with the hair loss thing. 33 IS young! I am 35, so young for me too. I guess I should consider myself lucky that it took this long to kick in. My older sister has had this problem since her early 20's. And much worse than mine. Did you ever try the Rogaine? It is such a pain to use!! I wish that they could make it more convenient. I would really like to look into hair replacement. It is VERY expensive, though, and I just can't afford it. My Dermatologist said that it does work, though. It used to be alot more noticeable, but they have apparently come a long way. I am saving my pennies!! Have you ever tried a scalp protector spray like Banana Boat?? It has SPF 15 and you spray on both scalp and hair. Protects from burning and keeps hair from getting damaged by the sun. I use it during the summer all the time and it works without making your hair greasy, sticky, etc. It sure isn't fun to have this going on, is it

Have any of you heard of this new oil called Enova?? It is made from soybean and canola oils and they are saying it may help you lose weight and body fat. A tablespoon of Enova contains the same 120 calories and 14 grams of fat as regular oil, but it is metabolized so that more is burned for energy instead of being stored as fat. They say that there are no bad side-effects like was found with Olestra. It is not widely available in the US yet, but you can buy it online at www.enovaoil.com. It is pricey, though--$5.79 plus S&H per bottle. I wonder if this stuff really does what it claims. At the very least, if it isn't stored as fat, that is a great thing!! Would make using oil alot more healthy.

Also, was wondering if any of you have tried Splenda?? I am not a fan of diet softdrinks with artificial sweeteners because I can't stand the taste. Does Splenda taste like the traditional artificial sweeteners?? Would love to hear anyone's comments on this as I am thinking of trying it!

Ok, I have done another long post here. Sorry

I better get back to my organizing! Enjoy the rest of your day
Old 06-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #43  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

OK it's the post-addict again. LOL

Michelle - A quick note on Splenda, I myself can't stand artificial sweeteners either, but a co-worker of mine SWEARS by Splenda, she said it tastes great and not at all 'chemically' the way the others taste. It's supposedly great for baking and such too. So, who knows.

I actually work as a copywriter in the Advertising department at this department store called Boscov's, which if you live in the tri-state area, or even NY, you're sure to have heard of.

Today has been pretty good for temptations, but when I stopped by the grocery store this morning (for my spaghettios of course) I picked up these new jell-o pudding snacks...they are like gummi pudding. Not very great tasting, but satisfying my chocolate cravings...they are at about 90 cal, 2.5g fat....of course now I've had 4 packs (they are way mini!)...GRRR!!! But it's not the worst...I'm ok with that, so now i'm trying to pack on the water consumption to make up for it. I don't recommend these little guys...you get 6 packs (which, as I said, are SMALL) for like $2.69...not worth it.

GREAT suggestions guys too...Michelle I actually LOVE fruit (not bananas tho)...I have a question....If you use that pudding mix, and add skim milk, it will be fat free, right? I mean it only makes sense...but I wasn't sure.

As a snack suggestion to you guys, I loved baked tostitos and salsa, it's a tasty combo with very low cals and fat.

I'm pretty much just trying that...drinking water...working out 4-5 days a week....and then doing low fat/low cal as much as possible.

What's coffee like too? I load it up with about 6 sugars and 3 creamers...pretty bad, huh? I never really knew but I'm trying to be more conscious now.

OK sorry for the rambling and the abundance of posts today, I'm just trying to keep you ladies entertained!!!

Off for now....
Missy
Old 06-04-2003, 03:34 PM   #44  

Missy, my posting addict buddy. Don't you just love to post? I do!!!!! I love the baked tostitas too with salsa when I can find them. I hate bananas too .

I have a great pumkin pudding recipe that is almost fat free, I know it's like 1 pt on WW for a good size portion, and it tastes just like pumpkin pie minus the crust that is.

Michelle: I've never tried rogaine, didn't know if it really worked. I guess I just accepted that I have thin hair and there is nothing I can do about it other than buy a wig and that ain't happening...LOL

Faye: What did you find good at the store? I saw your grham cracker stick things at the store when I stoped on the way home, but wowzers they were like $3.69 a box.

On the menu for tonight is.....Spaggetti (I love pasta) Sauce with some hamburger, gr. pepper, onion and mushrooms in it. And of course I have to have a piece of garlic bread.....this I think is okay because like 6 months ago I would have eatten half the loaf...thats no joke.

Missy: coffee with 6 sugars and 3 creams......omg, do you want some coffee to go with all that sugar .......that's what I ask my sil all the time, cause she uses lots of sugar too. I say try this, tomorrow cut back on one sugar and see how that goes, then in another day or two cut out another, until you can wean yourself. The cream actually sweetens the coffee, and I buy the FF flavored creams, so that's even better.

Tootles,
Peek
Old 06-04-2003, 05:32 PM   #45  

Guess what????? I get Dr. Phil and I didnt even know it.

I happened to be turning the tv on for my 5 year old in her room and turned to cbs and OMG there was Dr. Phil. I guess I never noticed, because usually I don't watch to much tv, and at this time of day usually my kids have it or hubby does.
Closed Thread