Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #16  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterhairdye View Post
Plus Insanity is doing great things to my arms, which I hate, but not so much to my thighs, but I'm doing a lot of squats so that probably has something to do with it.
I could write a lot about what is happening but long story short ...

If your arms are looking better and your thighs not so much it's not insantity that is doing this it is you're losing fat and for the time being your body is burning fat from your arms more than from your thighs. This is EXTREMELY common with women, and it is not uncommon to see women with very lean upper bodies and lower bodies that still have quite a bit of visible fat.

The body takes from where it will. No exercise program can spot reduce.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #17  
medstudent88

S/C/G: 156/145/135

Height: 5'6''

I would suggest doing Spinning classes. Since I started my spinning class i have dropped 10lbs in a little over a month. Before it used to take me monthsss to drop 10lbs. Spinning is good cardio, it works your legs and arms, and really helps with the love handles. Highly recommend it.
medstudent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Even for a woman, John?

I can't picture myself heavy lifting and making progress (I'm more the type to drop the heavy weight on my foot but that's another story!). And I don't go to a gym. I'm just intrigued by your statement. I think it's the last thing a woman would think of? Do you know what is considered "heavy" for a woman to lift?

Sorry to the OP for going a bit O/T, I just appreciate John's input on these subjects as he's a wealth of information!

I lift heavy and am a woman. It is my exercise of choice.
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote