Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Switched from afternoon shift to day shift - gained

For the past 2 weeks I was asked to switch my regular afternoon shift to day shift. I really really REALLY did not want to do this but I had to. The last time I worked day shift is when I gained 20 lb. I hated my job and was so miserable, I hated the day shift and had absolutely no energy and there was really awkward hot yoga times that didn't work for me at the studio.

So yet again, I immediately fell into the same pattern and have gained 3 lb! My schedule is all messed up, but most of all I see that I am eating from stress, not making good choices and eating junk when I get home. It's like, I'm so miserable about my awful job (kind of a different job when I work day shift) that when I go home I'm so tired all I want to do is grab a bag of chips to make my life better. I've been skipping hot yoga because all the times don't really work with this shift (I've been doing yoga at home though, but it's not the same).

Why do I do this??? I just don't get it.

I really, really, really DESPISE the day shift. I want my afternoon shift back! I want my weight to be going DOWN, not up!!

Ok that's it. Just wanted to whine/rant, let it all out. :-)
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #2  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I know in my experience because in my line of work I'm always shifting between night and day shift and its always stressful and I definitely go through an adjustment period each time. It affects everything from sleep to my diet. The first week is the hardest but you just swing with the punches and fall into a routine again. You kinda got give up the resentment and just accept you got screwed again (or at least that is how I feel when they switch me). Its the only way to get through it. Maybe sit down and just try to reschedule your life around your new schedule. Sometimes if we can jot it down on a piece of paper it becomes a little more clear how to manage your time better now that you are on a new schedule.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-03-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #3  

I think any disruption to our comfort zone and schedule can cause us to go off track. I'm sorry you have a new schedule to cope with and about the 3lbs!

I know you didn't really ask for advice but I feel bad with all you are going through. The easiest thing for me to say right up front is to not buy the chips so you can't be tempted by them! Potato chips call out my name and I'd polish off 8-10oz (a night!) while I was making dinner then eat a whole big dinner afterwards! It was like I never even tasted or saw the chips, it was just habit.

I hope your schedule gets better and you can get some kind of routine back in place soon. Maybe you can use 3FC to turn to when you get home and want to eat. We can be your new habit!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote