Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Fat Face

Lately, I've been feeling pretty good about myself. I'm back on track with my weight loss efforts, even when I travel for business. I've come a long way in just the last few weeks of getting my anxiety problems under control. I've been liking what I see when I look in the mirror. I can finally, really see the effects of losing 76 pounds.

However, tonight I was messing around with my webcam and I took a picture of my face from the side.

From the front, I don't look too bad. Even with the chapped lips and a bit of fatigue, I can really see that my face has slimmed down even though I have a long way to go.

But from the side? I look as bad as I ever did! Scarred skin, big ears, fat, fat FAT face. UGH!!!

Am I ever going to have a jawline????

Last edited by Garnet2727; 04-08-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Ah, i am in a good roll tonight, you have a beautiful smile and very kind eyes.....i don't know about getting the jawline back but i suppose that by the time you reach your goal weight you are going to get your wish. As is you are very very sweet!
Ellemphriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #3  

For reference, this is what I looked like 2 days after I started my weight loss effort:

Old 04-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You're making great progress, congrats!

Hard to say what will happen over time with your skin.

My advice - just look at yourself from the front and don't worry about it!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #5  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

You can really see a difference! Your face WILL get thinner. As for what your jawline looks like at that point, it's hard to say.

I still have skin there, just skin and not fat, which I don't think will ever go away unless the knife man cometh. I was trying out different hairstyles for awhile. Some can really make a difference in how angled your jaw can look.

Last edited by Vex; 04-08-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #6  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

You've already changed A LOT...who knows what can still happen?

And I agree with Vex - a different hairstyle might be very beneficial. Like maybe an inverted bob, longer in the front shorter in the back. It would shield some of that extra skin and draw the eye up and back, away from your profile.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/220/130ish

Height: 5'4

Your face has already changed as you slim down and looks different (in a good way). Who knows how it's going to look 50 pounds from now. As far as a jaw line...well, who knows that as well.
Dichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #8  

Oh my!

Weight issues really mess with our minds, don't they? My thread was just the opposite, lamenting on my slim rubber face!!

Like the others have said, i don't know about your jawline but i did have a double chin also and most of it did go away the closer i got to goal, with the most noticeable results the closest to my goal. i suspect you, like me, will have to come to terms with the new you and accept what you end up with but truly, your face looks great, i would love to have a wee bit of the padding that you have and you can clearly tell you've lost.

I cannot really give advice because i'm posting the same sort of lament, just opposite sides of the spectrum but what i am trying to do is focus on skin care, hair care and makeup so maybe treat yourself to a make over and new clothes and yes ENJOY the accomplishment, it is fabulous!!
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #9  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

Wow! What a difference. You can really tell and you look great and have done so well so far! You look really beautiful and so happy.

I think the only way to change you skin is with surgery. My mom lost over 100 pounds and has a similar jaw/chin area. It really bothers her, so she's decided to get that, a tummy tuck, and a couple of other areas fixed. She's consulted with her doctor and he's told her that her skin has lost its elasticity and it's the only way. I think she looks great without the surgery and it's just a testament to how far she's come, but if that's what will make her feel best than she should go for it. It's not necessary, but it is an option.
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/129/125

Height: 5'2"

Oh my goodness - look at you! You have beautiful dimples, amazing cheekbones and a lovely smile! I have kept the extra weight off for about a year and am only now noticing a significant slimming in my neck. I wear my hair down and a bit longer in front to cover my neck from the side. That style might work well for you too. Keep up the great work!
love2hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I can definitely see a big difference!! My cousin had the same issue with wanting to see a jawline/cheekbones when she was losing weight (and after she got to her goal it really did show more!) but in the meantime she would use a dark powder on her lower jawline to "sculpt" her face and it makes a big difference! Maybe something you can try?

Congrats on coming so far though! That's fantastic progress!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

I can't really say much about what changes you might be able to expect to see in the future, but I have noticed that its always strange seeing yourself from the side.

We see ourselves face on in the mirror all the time. Most pictures are taken with us looking directly at the camera.

When ever I see a picture with my profile in it I almost look like a stranger to myself, regardless of my weight. I notice things I don't see from the front (like the slight hook in my nose). I know a lot of other people have the same reaction to profile shots of themselves, it's just not an angle you are use to seeing. And as we tend to do, we start noticing the negative.

You have a big beautiful smile! And you've come such a long way, try not to be too hard on yourself.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #13  

I don't have any advice as I'm still dealing with my body changes too, I thought everything would be perfect by now!! (LOL. Just kidding, I'll never be perfect after all the fun I had in this body, I'm like a deflated balloon now that the party is over!)

Just wanted to say congrats on your 77lbs and that you really do look so much healthier and happier!! I'm so happy for you with all you have done to improve your life. Keep smiling, you look great!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #14  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on your progress so far! Wow, what a difference! You do not have a fat face, just the opposite! What you're seeing is some excess loose skin, and unfortunately that's just something that comes with the weight loss territory.

To echo others, it's hard to say what your face will look like once you've reached goal and maintained that weight. In the meantime, a fresh hair style might help, and there's always surgery if it really bothers you later.

You really have accomplished a lot, and look good!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #15  

Thank you all for your comments. This was a wonderful thing to come back to after a long day. *hugs to all*

John, your comment made me literally laugh out loud! Thank you, I needed that. I think I'll heed your advice.

It is true that I've come a long way and still have a long way to go. The positive changes are obvious from the frontal view maybe some day the side view will show it as well. As many in here said, who knows?

I have considered surgical options for my scars, even before I started losing weight. While my scars are painless, I am heartily tired of wearing them. Yet, I'm fearful of doing something that will make things worse. My boss just had laser ablation done and oh my... Oh my... She has been in a lot of pain and her face looks terrible even three weeks out. I hope for her sake that it heals and she eventually gets the results she was looking for. It has certainly rattled my cage about doing the same thing and I had been seriously considering it.

I have also been thinking about my hair. That's another thing that is soooo frustrating for me. My hair is thin and fine. It doesn't have curl as much as it has stubborn cowlicks. IMO, it looks terrible short or long so I'm letting it grow right now so I can put it up and forget about it. I haven't been able to find a style that I can manage (I suck at styling my hair) and that looks decent. *sigh* I just realized that I'm whining. Sorry.

Anyway, you good people really brightened my day with your comments. Thanks again!