3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Dumb *** weigh-in moves (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/280566-dumb-%2A%2A%2A-weigh-moves.html)

IanG 04-29-2013 06:24 AM

Dumb *** weigh-in moves

I am probably the only one to have done this but needed to share.

Anyway, like many of you I get up every day, go to the toilet and weigh myself naked before having a shave and taking a shower.

Today, I got up earlier than usual, decided I did not need the toilet and headed for the scale. The number was bigger than I was expecting. Actually, it was quite a lot bigger. So I got off the scale, and on again - same number.

Hmm. A big gain day?

But then I looked down. In one hand was my bath towel. In the other, my shaving kit and I had been weighing myself plus these!

So I put them down, got on the scale again and normality returned.

Dumb *** weigh-in move!

elvislover324 04-29-2013 06:47 AM

My weigh-in last week included my sunglasses on my head. Didn't think of it till after I left. Seeing I gained .6 of a pound, I was tempted to go back and weigh my glasses. Any chance they could weigh almost half a pound?!

So a couple days later I get this brilliant idea. I weighed them on my kitchen scale. A freaking ounce!? One?? I was better off when I thought I wore heavy glasses!

So, Ian, you are never alone in dumba$$ moves!

derrydaughter 04-29-2013 06:52 AM

I have gone as far as to use my kitchen scale and weigh my underwear as when I was going to WW meeting and getting weighed, I would make sure I had that special underwear on and no belt, no tissue in my pocket, even trimming my nails first.
Who was I kidding? What works is real hard work to resist temptations and eat properly, walk and get in exercise. I have stopped kidding myself and grown up a bit. Not saying anyone other than me is the one who needs to grow up, but I have to have a more realistic attitude.
I still keep my WW "official weigh in outfit" in the closet.....but it has not seen the light of day in a long time.

freelancemomma 04-29-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrydaughter (Post 4722759)
when I was going to WW meeting and getting weighed, I would make sure I had that special underwear on and no belt, no tissue in my pocket, even trimming my nails first.

This made me chuckle. I know I've done similar stuff in the past. (Well, recent past.) As you say, who are we kidding?

F.

Silverfire 04-29-2013 09:55 AM

:lol: That was a good giggle. I have weighed myself with my phone a few times (iPhones are heavy! lol)

Amarantha2 04-29-2013 10:00 AM

When I had a broken arm/hand/wrist a few years ago, I kept asking the surgeon how much the cast weighed and they could never give me an answer. Drove me crazy. :lol: After they put in a plate, I kept wondering how much the plate weighed for a time, then forgot about it.

Thedollylala 04-29-2013 10:03 AM

I will remove my Jewlery before I weigh an get naked, if I forget to weigh in and I drink anything I just won't bother weighing in.

dehtripper 04-29-2013 10:12 AM

Haha. great thread. I have long wondered how to guesstimate how much my hair weighs (waist length mature dreads). I've yet to get a good plan of attack, and I'm sure its really not enough to make a real difference but they are relatively substantial, especially when wet.

sassyangies 04-29-2013 10:12 AM

Yep I have done it. the other day I was so excited about getting in the 260's I grabbed my phone and weighed myself again. I was not in the 260's anymore then realized I was holding my phone. Put it down and then back down to the 260's.. Or (warning this is TMI) If I know I have to do a number 2.. (I know sorry.. ) I'll try to do that before I weigh.. haha.. the things we do.
Someone should write a bood, The Secrets Of The Daily Weigher.. .lol

betsy2013 04-29-2013 10:18 AM

This is why I love 3FC -- I'm not alone in my insanity!!!!! When I go to the doctor, I try to wear shoes that I can take off (and obviously get back on) easily. I have weighed every pair of shoes I own and have made a spreadsheet that I've posted in my closet so I know which pair to wear if it's absolutely necessary to wear a pair that I will get weighed in. I do not hesitate to tell the doctor that the shoes weigh X pounds. I know it's a game, but it makes me happy.

April Snow 04-29-2013 10:54 AM

When I did WW, there was a woman who changed into the same dress every time for her WI. She had lost probably 100 lbs by the time I was going to those meetings so the dress was huge on her, but she still changed into it every week so she was comparing the same thing week over week. I stopped going but I've always wondered whether she ever got to Lifetime and still wore that same dress for her weigh ins....

Sum38 04-29-2013 10:57 AM

You are so cute, Ian!!!

No I am slave of my scale; if I was crazy enough, I would strip down to my birthday suit 6 times per day :D But I am too lazy... So I weigh in first thing every am and right before the bed (A little prelude what is to come... usually 1 1/2 pounds but this morning nearly 4 pounds :eek:)

Sum38 04-29-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrydaughter (Post 4722759)
I have gone as far as to use my kitchen scale and weigh my underwear as when I was going to WW meeting and getting weighed, I would make sure I had that special underwear on

This is what I could see myself doing! Yep we a little OCD (oh, at least I am, didn't mean to imply :D)

gailr42 04-29-2013 11:38 AM

Back in the day, when I was really skinny, I weighed fully clothed, with a really big purse over my shoulder. I couldn't imagine how I could weigh that much. LOL.

Arctic Mama 04-29-2013 12:16 PM

I won't weigh until I've nursed both sides in the morning. If ice only done one I'm more likely to skip the weigh in and just not bother for the day, because that can throw the scale off by eight or more ounces, easily! That said, if my weighing daily is REALLY just for data, as I've claimed, it shouldn't matter if I'm seeing small daily fluctuations due to nursing, but somehow it still bugs me :lol: