3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   One Crazy Year But I'm Back! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/280303-one-crazy-year-but-im-back.html)

suzukigurl 04-24-2013 12:58 PM

One Crazy Year But I'm Back!

Hi everyone, I am not sure who all is here from a year ago but I took a little vacation from my life change and went in head first back to my old habits. How did that all work out for me you might ask? Welllllllll..... not so good LOL after not getting on a scale for many many months I gained back all but 5 lbs of what I lost. Last spring I was down from 285 to 233 and currently I am back up to 273 as of this morning. Am I beating myself up NO WAY, here is my opinion, LIFE HAPPENS and really I am excited to take back on the challenge of becoming the healthier, slimmer me. Over the past few days I have started to put things in place for myself to succeed, I went grocery shopping and bought all the yummy things I was eating last year and have dusted off my scale reopened my journal. This is my first post since last May and I am so happy to be back. I loved the support and inspiration I received here last year and can't wait to meet new friends and maybe even reconnect with some I talked to last year!

Quote for the Day ~ You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C. S. Lewis

startingagain1 04-24-2013 01:06 PM

Welcome back! Good luck :) I'm sure you can do it all again!

Arctic Mama 04-24-2013 01:10 PM

WELCOME BACK! That is a great attitude to have, just get back on track and keep moving forward.

The only use for postmortem, I'd say, is if you can critically evaluate where you went wrong prior and see if there's any lessons or strategies to be gleaned from that. Was it all just life stuff that was completely coincidental, or are there underlying emotions or behaviors that need adjusting so you can stay on your diet regardless of the circumstance? I know, for example, I'd have gone COMPLETELY off the rails this week were it not for doing the mental housekeeping in months and years prior, and now having my way of eating be so automatic that even in stress autopilot I don't contemplate off plan food. But I had to work on that and plan for it in peacetime, so I could have it ready and solid for turmoil.

Are there any areas like that for you that you can be working on? Strategically assessing weaknesses can be really, really helpful when you've found your weight loss mojo. Put all that awesome mental energy to even better use, right?

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums :hug:

TravelingMFFL 04-24-2013 01:31 PM

welcome back! i am new to the site! best of luck to you.. if you did it once you can def do it again.

GL

kk2323 04-24-2013 02:05 PM

What I love so much about this post is that there is ZERO self hate or negative talk. You are excited about your future! You used the word "yummy" when describing the new healthy food. This is so wonderful. Welcome back!

PreciousMissy 04-24-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2323 (Post 4717991)
What I love so much about this post is that there is ZERO self hate or negative talk. You are excited about your future! You used the word "yummy" when describing the new healthy food. This is so wonderful. Welcome back!

+1!!!

lilybug02 04-24-2013 04:19 PM

I'm new to the site, but welcome back.

suzukigurl 04-24-2013 05:45 PM

Thank you everyone for the welcome backs, like I said before I am excited to be back and look forward to dropping the lbs!!!!

knoxie 04-25-2013 01:58 AM

Welcome back! I'm in a similar position and am back on the wagon too, I'll be keeping up with your posts for motivation :)