Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 03:53 AM   #46  
Empress/Queen

I wear yoga type workout shorts around the community a lot. I don't like full length pants of any type.

I don't honestly base what I wear on what anyone else does or really have an opinion on where yoga pants should be worn.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #47  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

I was so confused with all the discussion over yoga pants. Being in the UK, I was presuming everybody was talking about the leggings that have recently become fashionable and was thinking 'but you can see your undies through them! '. Never a good look.

Now I know what you are all talking about! I like the bootcut styles as I feel they even me out a bit and look better with trainers and socks. And now I've lost a bit of weight, I like the clingy, stretchy fabric as I think it shows off my shrinking tummy a bit more

I love the zebra print ones that were posted a while back!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I love all my yoga/lounge pants. I wear them in the house all day long. I've made the mistake of cleaning in them before and have unfortunately ruined a few pairs by getting bleach stains on them, so now I don't wear my "cute" yoga pants for cleaning anymore.

I wear the high-waisted with control tummy yoga pants with a bit of flare on the bottom when I go out for my walks with the stroller. After my walk I take the babe to the playground and then stop off at the supermarket to buy fresh produce, this is a daily routine. I guess I wear them a lot in public considering I wear them to the playground, the grocery store, and even the bank if I have to stop there, but it's always after exercise, I wouldn't wear them out simply to run errands.

I don't mind others wearing yoga pants out, however I draw the line at pajama pants
Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have two pair that I got at Goodwill. One pair is Prospirit Brand, I don't know the other brand. They fit well, are comfortable and not baggy at all. I will wear them to the grocery store and running errands.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #50  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

I love yoga pants! I prefer the waist and thigh area to be fitted and the legs to be boot cut. I also like a wide color band at the waist to match my sneakers and top. I like to look cute when I work out even when I'm at home. My favorite pairs come from Reebok. They have a "play dry" feature I really like which basically sucks the sweat off your body and the material is comfortable and breathable.

I'd love to be able to wear yoga pants out and about once in a while. I'm bootylicious back there so the one time I did received a lot of unwanted attention so my yoga pants are just worn around the house or for working out!

Last edited by SunnySide99; 04-24-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
One time, I saw a girl at the gym with some yoga pants, but they had a pin-stripe to them, and were a little looser fitting. They were probably the best looking yoga pants I have ever seen, though I don't think I would wear them out and about.
I just googled pin striped yoga pants and I have a new obsession here:
Link

However, I will NOT be spending $119 on pants for working out, hahaha!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #52  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

I love my yoga pants. My favorite pairs are Athleta and Powerforce, both via the thrift store. I rarely wear them out of the house, though. I prefer cropped sweats with elastic cuff bottoms for the gym, because they have a drawstring and don't slide down.
My oldest child is in sports, so I will wear yoga pants to ball practice and games. I often jump in and help with practice, so that makes it feel acceptable to wear them to the ball park. If I go to the grocery store or meet a friend for coffee late at night, I will occasionally wear yoga pants, because it feels more acceptable after 10pm. Lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #53  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I just googled pin striped yoga pants and I have a new obsession here:
Link

However, I will NOT be spending $119 on pants for working out, hahaha!
Wow! yeah I would have some of those (if I ever get to that size ), but not for 119! It is a tad much for some stretchy pants! lol
Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Wow! yeah I would have some of those (if I ever get to that size ), but not for 119! It is a tad much for some stretchy pants! lol
I wonder if the ones you did see (since they were looser) were the lululemon pinstriped pants. I can only find them on ebay, and they're sold anyway.

LINK
Old 04-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #55  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Yeah I saw the lululemon ones on ebay (and kijiji) I think those are closer to the ones I saw. I really like the pinstriping tho, classes em up a bit lol!

Last edited by Silverfire; 04-24-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

After reading this thread, I spent an hour or so inspecting workout clothing at Wal-Mart. I thought of Ian when I held up a pair of long pants. They are women's sizes, but the waist hit me about at the armpits. So, Ian if you really want yoga pants, you know where to go. LOL.

I think I would like the fitted capri style because I really hate boot cut or flare pants on me. I think they make me look even shorter. Also, the flare was in style in the 70's and they seem really old fashioned to me now - just like shag carpet, which is also making a reappearance.

Can we drum up any drama over shag carpet?

I am quite sure people around here feel free to wear yoga pants or anything else. We are very informal. I would wear them anywhere.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #57  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post

Can we drum up any drama over shag carpet?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha2 View Post

I don't honestly base what I wear on what anyone else does or really have an opinion on where yoga pants should be worn.
I feel the same. I couldn't care less what other people wear.

I'm wearing yoga pants right now and on my way to work. But that's because my last pair of pants ripped this morning! Otherwise I don't usually wear them to work but it's not a big deal.

The store that defines my city (Vancouver) is Lululemon so I'm pretty comfortable wearing yoga pants out as everyone does. No biggie.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathingSpace View Post
I feel the same. I couldn't care less what other people wear.
A lot of people do, esp. in this forum and I wasn't in the mood for it, it had nothing to do with what I was asking for help with! There are some clever snide comments here and there on this thread but I'm choosing to ignore them. Apparently people think they can say whatever they want so they do, must be wonderful to be so important to ignore someone's request to remain civil! Let them make their own thread to bit** and moan.

I sincerely appreciate the comments and links and helpful hints that you all provided. I have no intentions of wearing yoga pants as dress clothes but I never go out dressed sloppy for working out or otherwise. The links and stores/brands recommended make me confident I'm going to be one good looking 3FC chick like the rest of you!! Thank you again.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #60  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I don't think most of us care what other people wear, myself included. My comment, for example was entirely self aimed.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 04-24-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Edited for the highly sensitive crowd
Closed Thread