Lost 22 in a half pounds

• I lost 22 in a half pounds. Why is it when I look in the mirror I don't see it. My close are feeling loose and I am feeling better.
  • It depends how much you have to lose and how tall you are but I'm sure it has made a difference. It is just harder to see when the change is gradual. If you hadn't seen yourself in 22lbs you would see the difference but you probably see yourself every day! I know for me I didn't see it until I had been 22 down for a few weeks (I'm stalled). I think it had to redistribute or my brain had to adjust or something. Try looking at old pictures. You are doing great.
  • Congrats on the loss! Twenty two and a half pounds down is a great start!
  • I have lost 45+ and I still can't see it. I always have to find something that weighs what I have lost to really understand. I have used 20 lbs cat food, 42lbs of cat litter etc. You will find that when you lift something that weighs 20 lbs, that it is significant. Keep up the good work!
  • Quote: I lost 22 in a half pounds. Why is it when I look in the mirror I don't see it. My close are feeling loose and I am feeling better.
    OMG I know the feeling !! I lost 20 lbs and I don't see it at all. Infact the more I look at myself every morning, the more I am like 'is this even possible? i dont look different so wtf did i just lose? water ?' and yeah, the pants are definitely loose but they aren't falling off.. so I guess we need to suck it up before we can stop sucking it in, huh?

Good luck, you can do it!!!
  • Quote: I have lost 45+ and I still can't see it. I always have to find something that weighs what I have lost to really understand. I have used 20 lbs cat food, 42lbs of cat litter etc. You will find that when you lift something that weighs 20 lbs, that it is significant. Keep up the good work!
    I definitely do this too! I like to linger in the produce aisle looking like a dork and and picking up 10lb bags of potatoes to remind me how much it is. May not look like a lot (to you) but doesn't mean that it isn't an awesome accomplishment.
  • Oh, Dehtripper, "lingering in the produce aisle..." too funny. When you have really lost a lot, you will need to go to Costco for bigger bags of potatoes. My next goal is the 50lb bag of dog food.
  • I also don't see my weight loss. But, it's true, my clothes ARE getting looser. And last week I got a comment from a relative saying "Wow you look like you lost weight!". I was quite surprised!
  • 22lb is a lot! Good for you!

My clothes fit a lot better after 16lb, but the only place I see a difference is in my stomach because of all the bloat that I've lost.

I'm not sure 6 more pounds (to get me to 22 lost) will make a huge difference from where I am now, so I understand.

Right now I'm relishing in how eating better has made me feel, how much better my clothes look on me, and how my jeans aren't cutting into my stomach when they're buttoned
  • Congratulations, 22lbs is great!!

There are days that I can't see my weightloss either. I know that sounds absurd but it's true. I can tell in clothes sizes and places I can fit (restaurant booths, etc!). I think our eyes play tricks on us. I never saw myself get over 300lbs either.
  • Thank you everyone.
  • I'm in the same boat: I've lost 19 lbs but it's hard to see in the mirror. I do notice my clothes fitting more loosely, which is great. I try to remember to smile at myself every time I look in the mirror and notice the good things - great confidence booster. =D
  • Congrats on your loss!

Take pictures, it's easier to see a difference in pictures than in the mirror
  • I was told that losing weight is like a toilet paper roll. When you get closer to the end it seems to run out faster. At first I didn't notice but now I see a difference every 5-10 lbs.