300+ and Ready to Try Again #341

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
    And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
    We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
  • Look What I Did
    I finally beat all of you to it on starting a new thread. Now no one can complain about always being the one to start the new thread. I know I have to post or the posting police will come get me. Of course you are all such a long way from Colorado....

Anyway, I don't know what is going on with me lately. I just am like a super space case. I can't seem to concentrate on a darn thing. Hmm... maybe I should stop staying up until the wee hours of the morning. Nahhh.... So what I'm building up to is that although I read everyone's posts, I'm just not up to personalized replies right now. Sorry. I'm always thinking of you and I read every word everyone says.

Food hasn't been great lately, nor has much of anything else. Along with being spacey it seems I'm just not feeling really motivated, to do much of anything. Now it is starting to get warmer here and I'm about as useful as a limp noodle when I get too hot.

On a really positive note, my hubby got a full time temporary job today. Decent pay, lots of hours. lasts six weeks. What a relief that is. For a few months I won't have to worry about where rent, or gas money to get to school is coming from. So things are looking up, and just maybe that will put me in a good enough mood to get back on track.

Hope you all have a great day.

• Good Morning Gals!
    I'm on my way to work - just wanted to pop in and say Hello!

Barb
  • Good Morning all.
    Great talking to you last night,Amanda, Sandy.
    I'm running as usuall
    Hope all of you have a good day
  • Good morning!

Wow, I think I missed a whole thread. No time this morning to read and catch up with everyone. I'm still busy trying to get MIL to pack her stuff so she can move and get caught up around my own house ... and making sure my exercise goals don't fall by the wayside. I'm doing okay with food. DH is getting on the bandwagon of WW so that will help. Well, at least he's on for the moment. He really needs to lose 40 pounds so I do hope he sticks with it this time. He's the main cook and our biggest downfall is portion sizes and too much starchy foods at night. We're really into the veggies right now so that's helping me. Cross your fingers for him to stay motivated.

I missed chat last night. I'll have to join you ladies sometime.

Gotta scoot - picking up MIL this morning before work so I can drop her off at her new apartment.

: to everyone!
  • Good job Amanda
    You did a wonderful job at starting a new thread . You know, it's okay not to personaly reply to everyone all the time. Sometimes you just want to pop in and read and say "Hi I was here", and thats okay too. And sometimes you just need to say something to one or two people and thats okay too. So don't let it get to you or overwhelm you!!! I am happy for you that hubby found full time work and that you don't have to worry for a bit. I'm an awful worry wart about money, so I know how you feel. Food has not been the best for me either, but I'm still here, so in my mind I am still thinking of it. I know noone can do it for me, I have to do it myself.

OH TINA???????? Where are you?????? Please come out and play...I know you are reading, just like the rest of us you can't help but to pop in and read .

I asked the girls in chat last night what they thought, so I will ask here. I am thinking of upgrading the computer and getting Windows xp to take the place of 98SE, what does everyone else run and what are your thoughts on it? I'm so computer illiterate? Will it work better for me? I have a friend of hubby's that is gonna install a better proecessor for me and more memory if needed (I think it does)?

Talk to you all later.
    Hugs,
  • Well that really sucked! I'd just finished my post, copied the text, and my puter died!!! Didn't even save the copied text! Grrrr!!!

I was saying how I'd had a couple of crappy days, but will be back on track tomorrow….

Night!

PS Also managed to lose more weight, but will have to work my butt off over the next few days to make up for the last 2 days!!!
  • Well it has been a few days since I posted. I have not been doing as well as I would like and that made me quiet...lol. I am back on track though.
    There is a local woman that has been in the papers alot in the past year. She was trying to fight for very insurance for weight loss surgery. Well she had the surgery in October weighing 422 pounds. I saw her yesterday when I took my kids to the park and I bet she has lost at least 200 pounds. She looked great!! Now I dont think that weight loss surgery is for me but just seeing the change it made in this woman gave me motivation. I wanted to talk to her about it but I was chicken. I wanted to hear how losing that much weight has changed her life.
    Anyway, I will get my butt back in gear starting now because I want to be like that lady one day.
    Sandy- I have Windows XP and I love it!!! Before I got my new computer a few months ago, I had Windows 95. I really really needed an update.
    I am gonna go. I have to get my 2 year old ready. He is going with his grandparents to the mountains for the day. I am sitting here thinking of what needs to be done while he is gone. I think I have decided on a carefree swim.

Hugs,
    Tracy
  • Wellllll...just like clock work...TOM has arrived...which means PMS is over! DH swears it's lasting longer and longer each time! I jumped on the scale and I'm actually down 2# from yesterday! So, that makes me feel better...I was feeling quite the for having gained 5 lbs...but I'll leave it as is til next Wednesday.

I was reading a great thread last night...if you're into low carb, there are some really good recipes on the "Ladies (and Gents) Who Lift-Bodybuilding" thread...look under Bodybuilding recipes...lots of neat stuff to try. Lot of people there who have reached their goals and are maintaining...very inspirational.

Well...I have lots to do, the sun is actually out today, so I'm Thankful for that...I'd best be getting out there to enjoy it! Even if it's just to weed, it will feel so good!

Have a great day all...
  • HOWDY!

Just came in to read the thread and check in on how everyone is doing....and where are 2Cute and Tina, anyway?

Sandy--I have Windows XP on my current computer, and I will have to admit I like it better than the Windows98 I had on the old one. For some reason, it is easier for me to navigate.

Barb...don't work too hard

Since I didn't come in yesterday, I did weigh myself (even right after the TOM was over to boot), and despite all that, I am two more pounds down ! Between that and not suffering the whole TOM, something must be going right in this body for once !

Hope all of you are having a great day...it is 70 degrees and sunny now, which warrants a good day to walk...see you all later!
  • help...
    Oh how sad...our little thread was WAY down at the bottom! Come on girls, let's keep our thread afloat!
  • Good night girls. I'm turning in early and hope to get a full good nights sleep. All's I wanted to do at work today was lay down and go to sleep.....

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs
  • Hi - taking a break at work and thought I'd pop in. I've had a few too many carbs this afternoon; trying not to beat myself up about it. Everything is out of sync when you work the night shift.

I'd like to join you guys in chat sometime - do you do this at a certain time?

Well, back to work. Ya'll have a great rest of the day.
  • Hey Gang!
    I hope all my favorite Gals are having a good evening!

Mary - Did you forget you talked to me last night? I'm so sad! Just kidding - I'll get over it --- I popped into chat late!

Terri - Sounds like you are busy with your MIL -- I know what you mean about hubby's losing weight and staying motivated. My hubby keeps saying he is going to join me in this adventure, but he lasts about 5 seconds. Let me know how your hubby motivation goes.

Sandy - I run on Windows XP and it's great for me. I use 2000 at work and it's fine as well. I hope you get a good night sleep. Sounds like you are worn out.

Lynne - Darn computers!! Sometimes they just don't cooperate!! Good job getting back on track. We all fall off now and then. But it's great to have each other for some added motivation.

Tracy - Glad to have you back here and back on track. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and join back on for the ride --- albeit a bumpy one at times!

Kat - I bet you were just as excited as me to see the sun today! Boy, it's been awhile. I hope we have a nice weekend! If so I am hoping to take one of the dogs to a nearby park for a long walk.

Lori - Yippee!!! 2 more pounds. Good Job!

Dixie - Hey gal! I'm not sure I could do the night shift thing --- I bet it's hard to keep with a routine. We usually chat on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7:30 Central time. (I think that's right - I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong) I don't always make it, but hope to catch up with you sometime.

Today was a pretty good day for me. I did sneak a few more of the Uh-Oh Oreos that found their way into my house last night. However I only had one serving and before I was even tempted to eat any more, Jeff finished off the pack --- good for me --- bad for him! Opps! I got home from work a little later than normal and the last thing I wanted to do was cook and exercise --- but I did!! I made a nice Caesar Salad w/ Grilled Chix and put in 35 min on the treadmill while I watched the Amazing Race --- Yes, I am hooked on yet another reality show --- anyone else????

It's about time for me to crawl into my cozy bed and get ready to start this all over again! At least tomorrow is Friday. Jeff and I are thinking about taking the train up to NYC on Saturday to goof off in the city -- should be fun.

Sweet Dreams to all!
    Barb
  • Hi Again!
    Can I share??? You know how much I love my dogs -- here is a picture of my little Charlee that I took yesterday --- she is so little and cute!