3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 06:42 AM   #46

Smile Marvelous Monday!

--- MONDAY MEMO ----

Monday Memo:

DRESS CODE:
It is advised that you come to work dressed according to your salary. If
we see you wearing $350 Prada sneakers & carrying a $600 Gucci bag we
assume you are doing well financially and therefore you do not need a
raise. If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money
better, so that you may buy nicer clothes and therefore you do not need
a raise. If you dress in-between, you are right where you need to be and
therefore you do not need a raise.

SICK DAYS:
We will no longer accept a doctor statement as proof of sickness. If you
are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.

SURGERY:
Operations are now banned. As long as you are an employee here, you need
all your organs. You should not consider removing anything. We hired you
intact. To have something removed constitutes a breach of employment.

PERSONAL DAYS:
Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are
called Saturday & Sunday.

VACATION DAYS:
All employees will take their vacation at the same time every year. The
vacation days are as follows: Jan. 1, July 4 & Dec. 25

BEREAVEMENT LEAVE:
This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for dead
friends, relatives or coworkers. Every effort should be made to have
non-employees attend to the arrangements. In rare cases where employee
involvement is necessary, the funeral should be scheduled in the late
afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work through your lunch hour
and subsequently leave one hour early, provided your share of the work
is done.

RESTROOM USE:
Entirely too much time is being spent in the restroom. In the future, we
will follow the practice of going in alphabetical Order. For instance,
all employees whose names begin with 'A' will go from 8:00 to 8:20,
employees whose names begin with 'B' will go from 8:20 to 8:40 and so
on. If you're unable to go at your allotted time, it will be necessary
to wait until the next day when your turn comes again. In extreme
emergencies, employees may swap their time with a coworker. Both
employees' supervisors must approve this exchange in writing. In
addition, there is now a strict 3-minute time limit in the stalls. At
the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll
will retract, the stall door will open and a picture will be taken.
After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company
bulletin board under the "Chronic Offenders" category.

LUNCH BREAK:
Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch as they need to eat more so that
they can look healthy. Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to
get a balanced meal to maintain their average figure. Fat people get 5
minutes for lunch, because that's all the time needed to drink a Slim
Fast and take a diet pill.

Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a
positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments,
concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations,
insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation
and input should be directed elsewhere.

Have a nice week.
Management

Today is the day!
Old 06-02-2003, 06:50 AM   #47
Momma Frog

Good Morning All!!

And WELCOME to our new members

I know, I know. I haven't posted anymore pictures from the wedding, but I promise I will. I took in 6 cameras to be developed. (Gee, that only leaves 11 more!) So we'll see what we'll get.

Wildfire, I hope your back gets better. As a person that occationally has back problems, I feel your pain. There as been times that I could not stand up and went crawling around. It's scary to me.

Today I am comitting to the July 4th challenge. I lost 20lbs for my wedding and I feel like I'm ready to start losing some more. As previously posted, I'm looking for a 10lb loss. All the walking on the honeymoon has inspired me to start walking again. (To keep these shapely legs I got!) So I'm really going to try to do that at lunchtime. I've cut down on my soda intake. It's always been diet of course, but nonetheless I've cut down to one every day/every other day. Trying to drink more water and if I want a sweet drink, ice tea with fake sugar as I call it. (Equal). Today my hunny packed me a sandwich for lunch. He said "no chips today for you" He's aware of what I'm trying to do.
Been thinking also of cutting down on my carb intake. I had good success with a modified Atkins diet when I first started out losing the 20lbs. I didn't cut them out completely but sure didn't gordge on the chips and potatoes. I don't know. It's really hard since he doesn't have to diet (although he thinks he does) and with my mom living with us, I don't want to cook 2 different things, or deprive them of the snacks and stuff in the house. I'll ponder on this a while more.

Anyway, good day to you all!!
Old 06-02-2003, 08:11 AM   #48
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Angry Monday Monday

Mornin' all...

Well here's to a good June....Fresh start card please Kaylets!

Thought I'd better take a minute and hop in here...at least state some goals for July 4th...

1. Drink water...at least a litre a day...more is a bonus,
2. No junk food.
3. No eating after 7 pm.
4. Jump on the scale every day!
5. Start walking/gymming again.

Notice I did not state a lb goal...I'm planning just to let them roll off without expectations. That way I'm not setting myself up for a fall!

TTYL

Ceara

Old 06-02-2003, 11:36 AM   #49
caffeine free!

Good morning,
Wow, that weekend flew by. I had some work over the weekend, but even still it should have felt longer. I have been religiously keeping to my plan. It is actually becomming a lot easier, and I do not feel so strange breaking out the fat and calorie counter book that I bought. Even managed to go to a greesy food type street festival without breaking bown in front of the deep fried cheese curds and mini donuts. I have come to the realization that before I began counting I was probably eating at least 3000 calories a day. Mostly chocolate and fried food.

Well, next weekend I will put in my veggie garden. Why buy it when you can grow it.

Must get back to work.

zadie
Old 06-02-2003, 01:11 PM   #50
Spreadin' the luv.

A wonderful Monday to you all, ladies.

Well, I did get my "every OTHER day" exercise in...yesterday I ran around with a friend's corgies in the park. Wonderful fun. they look like little sheep with pointy ears when they run in the grass.

I also stayed off fried food - I've noticed that it's so much easier to eliminate a food group, like meat and fried food. It's just easier for me to draw a specific line in the sand - no gray areas. While I don't recommend this approach to life in general, it's really wonderful to pick up a bag of my favorite chips and say "Uh uh. It's fried, honey." I grumble a bit, be assured, but it seems to be working. I read the label on my favorite, FAVORITE chips - I was hoping they'd be baked or steamed or something, since they're Japanese rice/seaweed thingys, but they said on the back of the bag that they fried them in oil and CENTRIFUGED them to eliminate excess fat. I was like "Oh-KAY. Still fried, though, right? I don't think so." Drat. Veggie booty is fried, I think, too. DRAT!!

I just do this because chips and fries are my downfall. I've often thought that I can't live without them. But you guys have been so wonderfully supportive, and you're all accomplishing what I'd like to accomplish. I know I can make it to July 4th with your help.

Thanks everyone for your lovely welcomes. I love reading about your lives.

I'm gonna make Friday my weigh-in day (inspiration for the weekend!), so I'll let you guys know then how I'm doing.

Kisses!

Last edited by Cerise; 06-02-2003 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:24 PM   #51
Spreadin' the luv.

One more thing: Today my 60-year-old Dad gets his second hip replacement. His long history of obesity has rendered him nearly immoble. Sometimes I fear that he has given up, but I hope the cessation of pain in his hips will spur him to new freedom and movement.

Watching him hobble around, I have an inkling (just an inkling!) of Anagram's struggle, and I pray, darling, that your bionics will stop giving you trouble. Let's all be good to our bodies and careful with our precious joints.

As I'm almost 30, my knees (poor babies) are beginning to tell me that they don't appreciate almost 100 pounds of excess weight. Losing it is how I'm going to honor them.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:39 PM   #52
Is it Friday yet?

Monday!?!? I want another weekend! I wuz robbed!

The walk went great. They had over 1,700 people there and almost 200 cancer survivors. They had all of us kneel down while the survivors (in their snazzy blue "Heaven Can Wait" hats) stayed standing - it was a breath-taking site. I almost cried... I got to meet my Mom' cancer case manager, who's an 11 year breast cancer survivor and an amazing woman. You know how there are just some people you feel you can talk to, cry with and be friends with immediately? That's her. She brought us over to the group of survivors who were getting their picture taken and the intro's started - then the hugs and back pats and hand holding. We both ended up in tears, the amount of love and support was incredible and as a main source of support for my Mom I don't feel so alone in this anymore.

On the other hand, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel my vacations for the rest of the year to hold down the fort. Mom's cancer is going to require chemo for sure now. I'm going to have to learn some serious relaxation techniques since I'm already frustrated and burnt out with work - and now I have to do it with no time off, and do part of my Mom's work too. *Breeeeeatheeeee* It'll be ok.... where in the **** is that light at the end of the tunnel??????

WSW - Thank you, thank you, thank you for your PM. Sorry I didn't check it sooner... Your, and everyone's, support means so much to me!

Cerise - Welcome to another Oregonian! You're smart to get on the health bandwagon now! I turned 33 in January and really feel like this is a "now or never" for me. I hear it only gets harder the older you get. Glad you're here!

Wildfire - They listened to you????? Amazing.... congrats on the great evaluation. We knew you were good - but that they admitted it is...I don't know, I guess I'm speechless!

Eydie - LOL, ok how's this for seeing me in real life? I'll get a picture of me on the tractor like I'd mentioned last year - I'm about to get some work done on my land. Now if I could just find that tiara....

Frogger - Wow, that's a lot of film! Take your time, we're not going anywhere.... I look forward to seeing them though!

Kaylets - Way to go on the NSV! cake... Don't forget though that Filbert is still around and available for anyone's picnic!
Funny that carrots did that to you! I ate so many carrots the 1st time I lost weight that my palms turned orange (no joke, even my Dr. was impressed) and I didn't have any problems. But, next time, remember that Beano!
Oh, and loved the Monday Memo - I'll be printing it and sending it to my mechanics! Muahahahahaha.... don't we have a dominatrix/slave driver smilie??

Where is our Empress??????

My Bo-Beena!!!! Yes ladies, this is the girlfriend that I abandon you for when I go to California.... best friends for, what - 16 or 17 years now?? I've lost count... I'm so glad to see you here Bean, you're in for a treat with this bunch!

Q's o' the Day
~ Frivolous money - it's been a loooong time. Seems like all my money goes into my house, which is never a waste (hey, all that Partylite stuff is a *necessity* thankyouverymuch)
~ What advancement do I think we'll see in 5 years - honestly, I think we're going to see a TON of stuff come in about treating cancer and obesity better. They're *so* close with both of them!
~ Nutrition and cooking in school? Absolutely. If kids had a better handle on nutrition then maybe they wouldn't turn into us as adults.

Guess I should get some work done today.... blech.
Terri
Old 06-02-2003, 01:45 PM   #53
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry June!

Good Morning, Sparkly Ones!

I'm back, with a plan! My plan is -- independence. I'm declaring independence from not only the addiction to food as abusable substance, but also my constant worrying about my appearance, and so on.

I lost about 60 pounds 15 years ago and then gained more than that back. The way I lost it was to eat healthy foods, and only when I was hungry, and to get plenty of exercise. There was a book that I read about it, but I can't remember the name. The other component is to behave as much as humanly possible as if I'm fine just as I am. So when thoughts about being fat enter my head, I just chase them right out again. It's amazing how much life opens up when you get rid of an obsession. So much mental and psychological space and energy to put towards, well... living!

So. This is Day 1 of my plan. Almost no sugar, white flour or processed foods. Aiming for 9 fruits and veggies a day, lots of water. For the psychological part, I'm reinitiating a little mental game I like to play. I'm going to pretend to be a model. It's fun!

Kaylets, I don't know if I read the same article (about fatigue and overweight) but I certainly have read about it. There was an article by some doctor that said he'd never seen a case of significant overweight where either depression or chronic fatigue was not involved. I know that so well myself. When I feel good physically, it's really not difficult. But the days when I'm exhausted are real trouble. One of my main problems is that when I'm tired, I don't even rest when I should. There's no reason, a lot of the time, that I couldn't just go back to bed for a bit when I'm tired, but I tend to plod along, without being really productive in any case. And, then, I just have food instead of rest. Not intentionally, of course, but there is a definite pattern. Time to break that one, give my body what it needs! Loved your speech, too!

Frogger, welcome back! Sounds like your wedding was great. But wasn't that cop a total creep --- sounds like he had a quota to fill. Or is just plain ornery!

Welcome, Cerise, Bo-Beena, Zadie! You're going to like it here.

Well, I had lots more to say to lots of you, Lovelies, but I really need to get some stuff done, so TTFN!

Onederland by New Years

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 06-02-2003, 01:48 PM   #54
Is it Friday yet?

Geez, I was so long winded I missed 3 posts!

Zadie, Esq. (I like it, I like it!) - I think it does get easier the longer you stay on track. I also think that eventually *this* will be our new habit and the eating like a loon will be the exception to the rule...

Cerise - My thoughts are with you and your Dad... I hope the surgery does give him that pain-free relief he needs to get moving!
My Dad was my inspiration too - he was diagnosed borderline diabetic a few months ago and it really opened my eyes to my bad habits. And now my Mom with breast cancer... Granted, neither of them "caused" their diseases, but I look at it like I'm going to do everything I can in my power to tip the odds in my favor - to be healthy for the rest of my life. If we don't treat our bodies right while we have the chance - we may loose that chance and be dealing with something more serious than just loosing weight!

More power to us!

Terri
(promising to shut up and go away now - I really should do some work! )

Last edited by Punkinseed; 06-02-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:31 PM   #55
Gonna be strong and fit!

Talking Good Mornin'

Hello there all!
It is going to be a great week! Why? you ask because I want it to be

Sound like you all enjoyed your weekend. Mine was great, got in a lot of socializing and totally did fine on the food that was offered. My weigh in day is friday so I'll let you know how I am doing. Last fridays wgh in yielded a 2 lb loss

I have been working out at Curves 3-4 times weekly for a month now I started last September, did well for a couple of mouths then the holidays came and that was that. So 1 month ago I got my self a FRESH START card (before I even knew what it was ) and I have been doing great ever since. I realize I am still in the honeymoon phase and it is going to get harder to keep up this pace as time goes on. But I am going to enjoy it while I can and that is why I have you guys now, to celebrate the progress and help me along when it stops.

Wildfire, good job on the crunchy switch! I have been trying to do that also. Your bedroom is painted violet??? I don't know how long I could live with that. And yes I am a Partylite junkie! I just spent another $90. yesterday! But as Punkin says, it is a necessity!
Oops gotta run, time for work already. I'll post the rest tonight!
Bo-Beena

-Beverly Sills
Old 06-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #56
wsw

hi all!

cerise- i hope your dad's surgery went well.

punkin-glad to hear the walk went great! sounds like it was a very powerful experience.

zadie-i am originally from minneapolis. haven't been back to mn for over 20 years now, but even after all this time, i still sometimes miss it.

kaylets-that mon. memo was so funny.

hi also to wildfire, eydie, arabella, frogger, bo-beena, and anyone else i have failed to mention here. i'm thinking of all of you!

the weather here has been so beautiful lately, today included. i have been enjoying every minute of it. normally by now, it is very hot and humid, so this cool and breezy weather is a delight. it's been nice to be able to walk outside as part of my exercise. i am writing down my food daily, which is proving helpful. well, need to get going, but wanted to catch up on your posts. have a good evening, all. take care, wsw.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:37 AM   #57

Hello all!

Finally feel like I've got a routine together-- clothes ready and waiting this am, DH out the door --almost on time-- even taken magnesium and and Omega 3 and 6 for the first time in weeks.
Am also excited that my stair climbing has advanced to where I can "jog" up now. ( If my arms are empty...)
Legs are beginning to feel tighter to the touch too-- Not showing yet but when I realized I was "jogging" up yesterday it was a beautiful thing.
Saw this quote on another thread this am and I like the Patton quote so much I am shelving the one I chose ! What a great visual! Superballs in different colors!
That's what we are! UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
George S. Paton
==================================
Today's question is:
"When was the last time you acted silly?"
===================================

My best to everyone, I see important things happening to many of you.... I want to reply individually but will have to do it later.

Take care!

Today is the day!
Old 06-03-2003, 06:48 AM   #58

Hope you enjoy this one- If you've seen it before, its just as good the 2nd time!!
----------------------

Today...I wish you a day of ordinary miracles.

A fresh cup of coffee you didn't have to make yourself.

An unexpected phone call from an old friend.

I wish you a day of little things to rejoice in.

The fastest line at the grocery store.

A good sing along song ! on the radio.

Your keys right where you look.

I wish you a day of happiness and perfection, little bite-size pieces of perfection, that give you the funny feeling that the Lord is smiling on you, holding you so gently because you are someone special and rare.

I wish you a day of peace, happiness and joy.

Send this message to the people you'll never forget and remember to send it also to the person who sent it to you.

If you don 't send it to anyone, it means you're in too much of a hurry and that you've probably forgotten your friends.

Take the time!

Take care!

Today is the day!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:13 AM   #59
Momma Frog

Good Morning All!!!

Today on the way to work I stopped in at the grocery store and bought myself a 1/2 gallon of skim milk, a box of bran flakes (hey, I actually like them) and a box of raisins to make my own raisin bran (I hate all the sugar in the premade ones. All the raisins are coated!) Because yesterday I had a bagel and cream cheese and just about slapped myself when I realized this was not the way I wanted to go. And I have switched us back to whole wheat bread instead of the regular wheat. I noticed I feel fuller on whole wheat when I eat a sandwich. If I eat it on regular wheat, I want something else to go with it. Chips, or something. Whole wheat=no chips with the sammie.

Anyway, had to go and sign a gift letter for the house since the inlaws are paying our downpayment. Mortgage company said it was required. So it was a late night for us. I'm beat. Is it friday yet?

Q&A My hubby and I are silly all the time. But I see where you're going with this. Sometimes he wants to be silly (like in a store or the mall) and I'm just not in the mood and end up snapping at him to stop. I'll have to work on that and be sillier too.

Good day to you all!!! Hope you stay dry (it's supposed to rain here!)
Old 06-03-2003, 08:50 AM   #60
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink Tuesday

QOD I am silly a lot of the time...in a lot of peoples' opinion I think. My favourite silly times are when you laugh so hard that you cry....and you laugh for no reason....those are fun.

Got 1 day successfully under my belt...except for the exercise...am fighting a cold and since I have enough trouble breathing at rest I don't need to up any systems and breathe. Actually am going to call in sick today....

Punkin, I'm glad your walk went well, in so many ways!
WSW I'm glad you finally got some nice weather...we've got your rain . However, since the water table is so low that might be a good thing We did get one day of sun...yesterday but are back to overcast and 50% chance of rain...yuck. I'm getting mouldy. Kaylets, sent your ordinary miracles to a few people. It will brighten their day as it did mine.

Hi to Cerise, Zadie-K and Bo-Beena! Glad to meet cha! And of course our Haute Couture of the modelling world, Arabella! to all!

Ceara

Closed Thread