Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 05:52 AM   #16  

Hello all!!

Yes, the new thread is nice and airy and has that great " new thread
feeling".

Punkin- So sorry to hear the news about Mom. Its horrible to find out the
hard way that we have to confirm what the doctors tell us ourselves --
My very best to Mom and your family.
Remember we are always here to listen no matter what.
And a big standing ovation on your Non Scale Victory regarding the pizza!

Anagram- Did you see the sun for those few hours yesterday? By 2 pm it was so
dark and threatening again!! Its was almost like the sun had forgotten itself and had
come out from the clouds by mistake! Another rainy weekend upon us-- I think we
are setting a record.

WSW- 10 lbs down is STILL 10 lbs gone!! GOOD FOR YOU!! I'm w/ you about
listening to whatever I'm in the mood to hear! And sometimes, I even listen to
Books on tape-- I think they are perfect for Traffic jams-- In fact, I have 2 I've
never heard before that I found.... you guessed it... at a yard sale.
One is by Cal Ripken, the baseball player called, "The Only Way I Know".

As for age funk-- early 40's did not upset me. Coming closer to the 50's is giving me
serious pause however. DH felt it too but then our visit to Tampa last week made us
see things in a different light. There are so many folks in their 80's and 90's out and
about in the stores and restraunts it put things back in perspective.
Another reason to remember that "Today is the day!".

Zadie- how are you doing? Passing the bar exam here in the states can be quite
an ordeal- I slightly familiar w/ some of the Canadian laws from registering some of
our clients in Canadian provinces. Good luck to you. Did I understand that your
employer will pay you to study ?? How wonderful!
I have trouble getting stuck at the computer all day too. Sometimes the
running to the bathroom is my only reason to get up out of the chair!

Time to pack the lunches --

Hello to eveyone I missed! Frogger, Arabella, Eydie, Wildfire, Empress, Scooby,
Senamay, MissW........ I know I'm forgetting someone!
Today's thought is:

"Don't let failure go to your head" -- Haim Ginott
========================================
Today's question is:

"Name a benefit to cleaning your closet"--Table Topics

========================================

Take care all!
Old 05-30-2003, 06:04 AM   #17  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Talking Me too! I wanna be an Independence Firecracker!

Just a fly-by to say to all my Esteemed Co-Firecrackers! I'm swamped again, despite my dreams of being organized at the first of the week. Not totally my fault -- I accepted an extra assignment (for the $$) on Tuesday that basically ate up Tues. aft. and all day Weds. so I'm behind on my scheduled work again. But it can be done, and I'm still going to try to do it in as sane a way as possible.

The Independence theme is a sure-fire winner! I'm shooting for 10 pounds off by the Fourth.

Love the thought of the day - I really have a problem with failure, self-fullfilling prophecy, worring about it and so on. Time to declare independence!

Let's make this a good one. Love to all!
Old 05-30-2003, 06:26 AM   #18  

Smile Fabulous Friday!!!

Arabella-
you're timing couldn't have been more perfect-
I too am in an "overscheduled" crunch and have a speech due
in less than 2 weeks- ( gave one this past Wed - 1st day back at work- whew- they said I did well but I sure didnt feel prepared!)

Anyway, makes sense to me to use a topic I feel enthusiasm !
I was wondering if I should do an Independence theme-
You reminded me of my musing regarding success in your signature line ( thanks again, I still am flattered...)

Thanks for dropping by at the perfect moment!

Didn't I tell you all that you are just the best!!!

Old 05-30-2003, 07:01 AM   #19  
Momma Frog

Good Morning All!!

No new pix for you. Sorry. I'm developing cameras this weekend so by next week sometime I should have a link to a site that works!!!

I'm leaving work early today (only by 30 minutes) to go to the social security office to change my name. Can't change my license until I change my SS card.

GUESS WHAT HAPPEND TO ME! I got a stupid ticket. Turning right on red. It's legal in the state of Virginia!! Apparently everywhere but at this one intersection. Cop walked right out infront of me to stop me. There's a tiny (no joke here) sign that says no right turns mon.-fri. 7am-7pm. I looked at the clock. 7:05pm by my clock. Cop wrote the ticket for 6:55pm. I was like it's past 7. He stated he pulled me over at 6:55. AHHHHHH! I can't win!!!!!! This always happens the week we get back from a major vacation. I always get a ticket. I was doing so well too.
I admit I drowned my sorrows in a pint of ben and jerry fish food frozen yogurt. But I didn't eat the whole thing. (Almost, but not quite)

Anyway, bye for now.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:21 AM   #20  

Kaylets, yes I revelled in the sun yesterday. As you said, like it got absented minded and showed up. Stillnice this a.m. but rain coming for sure. I think they said we had ten days this month with no measurable rain, something discouraging like that. But we have sunshine in our hearts.

Amazing how many people even older than I have such a ball. Have a friend who's 90, lost her hubby last fall (he was 95). She's all set up for her elderhostel classes/travel for this summer. Mind sharp as a tack. Nice to have such a role model. She's always been in good health though and that's another reason to work on getting/staying healthy. Was talking about buying a computer as she feels "left behind" so we discussed her trying it out at a library and she thinks that's a great idea and will go for it. She just learned of the Red Hat Society and is going for that as well - she's a perfect candidate.

Arabella, so nice to have you here. Those $$$ will count in the crunch and Independent Firecrackers (you too, Kaylets) can handle those wild and crazy days (I hope).

Ah changing your name! One of those really life altering moments. I've always kept my maiden name as my middle name though as I just couldn't give it up altogether.

Well, dh and I plan to go to our favorite state park for the afternoon (weather holding off long enough). So I'm planning our picnic lunch (all healthy - this will be a first). Takes about an hour drive and we'll get a good walk in while there, also check out the new pool that opened this year. Should be a good one - hope yours is the same.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:26 AM   #21  

Re cleaning closets, my first reaction is just that it's done. But it's also the things you find. Was cleaning up a bit in garage yesterday and found some Christmas decorations that had been missing for years. I know the garage has been cleaned often enough in those years and don't have a clue why they didn't surface before. It's time to hit the closet in a spare bedroom that my son refers to as an "archeological dig" but that one has lots of memories and takes even longer than the more used ones because I have to sit and think about everything.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:52 PM   #22  
Is it Friday yet?

Iiiiiiit's Friday!!!!

Funny, I'm learning that the more people that know about Mom's cancer, the easier it's getting. My Mom *finally* told my brother, so I feel relieved now when I talk to him - like I finally don't have a secret. I also told "my guy" yesterday in an email. He'd asked what was wrong last week when he called and I said "nothing". So, now he knows and he sent me a long email this morning telling me I have his support and he promised to keep me laughing through this... I'm learning too that I have awesome friends - both tangible and on my computer screen.

Anagram - My Mom's had so many people call her "Mom" I'm sure another, regardless of age, is just fine by her.

WSW - Another weightaversary! 1 year at 3FC!

Eydie - I had the 33 funk. I know, it's not the same, but it was one of those "what am I doing with my life" kinda things. It's hard, but I just keep reminding myself that it's not about finding out the worlds answers *now*, it's about the journey you take to get them answered! (that's my 1 Ghandi moment, no more for the year)

Arabella - I hope work lets you visit more! We'll save you some sparklers!

Frogger - Oooooh, bad cop! No, you can't win stuff like that, chalk it up to paying your dues to the city...

Q o' the day - The benefit to cleaning your closet, besides finding stuff you thought you'd lost, is that now you can buy more clothes! I just cleaned mine last Sunday - resulting in 3 garbage bags of clothes going to Goodwill that haven't been worn in a long time because they were too small or now too big (still very nice). I made myself promise that what I bought to replace these clothes must fit NOW and be flattering - no more tents to cover me up and no more thinking it's all got to be black.
I've been watching too many "What Not To Wear" episodes....

Where is our Amarantha???

Enjoy the weekend!

Terri
Punkin o' Friday - and it's FRIDAY!!!!!

Last edited by Punkinseed; 05-30-2003 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:34 PM   #23  
wsw

hey all! hope everyone's having a good friday.

anagram-so true about my friend calling me the other day. he is a great friend, and i am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends.

punkin-glad to hear your guy is being supportive too. also nice to know that you no longer have to have the added concern of keeping your mom's condition secret anymore.

eydie-sorry about the 40 slump. i remember going through one right before turning 40, questioning what i have done so far, etc. it gets better--believe me! do something really sweet for yourself. pamper yourself in whatever way sounds fun for you--pedicure, manicure, facial, or massage or--whatever you'd like. it's a nice way to remind yourself how you to deserve to be treated.

hi to everyone else also!

i am keeping up with my food journal, got my exercising in earlier today than yesterday since it was so gorgeous out, and am sticking to my food plan for today so far. also, thurs. will be my regular weigh-in day now.

well, take care, all. have a good weekend!

all the best,
wsw

Last edited by wsw; 05-30-2003 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:38 PM   #24  
caffeine free!

Hello all. It has been a good and busy day. Holding in there, but I really need to talk a nap or something. Very happy that it is Friday, but I need to study this weekend so...

Must dash. Work becons.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:22 PM   #25  
Spreadin' the luv.

Happy Friday, friends.

That July 4th goal sounds good, here are mine:

Fried food is out of my life - let's see if I can make it to July 4.

Walk every other day for 30 min. I'm so out of shape that waking every day nearly ended my life.

OK, there they are. I know they don't sound very ambitious, but I weigh 225 and have been sedentary and eating whatever I want for about a year now. I'm weak and short of breath and my belly's HUGE...etc, etc.

So, back on track (hope to God) and in my own slump, Chickadees, you'll probably hate me, but I'm 30 in two years!!! I just turned 28 this last Sunday. Argh! What have I done with my life? I'm fat - wasting my youth! This is the heaviest I've ever been! Walking nearly kills me! Pant, pant, pant.

OK, enough negativity. You're reading the post of a girl who has neglected her health for a long, long time.

On the positive side: I've been a real vegetarian (no animal flesh) for a year now, though going meatless usually spurs a weight gain (weird, huh?). This year, I'm trying to swear off fried food (not counting stir-fried - I'd starve to death) and really go for whole grain intake.

Whaddaya think?
Old 05-30-2003, 05:08 PM   #26  
Gonna be strong and fit!

Default Very new at this

Hello Everyone!
This is my first post. My best friend, Punkinseed, as invited me to share 3FC. I have read some of the threads, you all sound like a great bunch of people.

As for 4th of July, my goal is to be down 10 pounds. I started getting REALLY serious about losing weight 3 weeks ago and have lost 8 pounds! I am doing the right things this time, working out, water(lots of water), and making much better food choices. I feel great and I hope I can continue in this mode.

Nice to meet you,

Bo-Beena
Old 05-30-2003, 05:17 PM   #27  

I think you're on the right track, Cerise (and by the way, I like that name). And I think you'll make great progress and, by the way, welcome to the challenge. Certainly start your exercising in moderate amounts. And when you get up to speed you'll probably be walking rings around me. And the fact that you're young gives you some great advantages but, no, you don't want to spend the rest of your life heavy.

Oh, Punkin, I'm glad you told "your guy" so he can be there to support you. Glad you're emailing back and forth too. I like that he's promised to keep you laughing. Good rapport.

zadie, don't forget to "book" some fun breaks in all that studying. I remember when my DD took the bar. Yikes, I thought she'd have both of us in a "nervous breakdown" situation (even though she lived in another city at the time). And once you've taken it, you have that long wait for the results and then almost another "breakdown" time. Are you taking a prep course?

DDIL was another story. She SAID she wasn't nervous and was calm enough around me but she had to leave testing early the first day because she didn't feel well and I think it was the stress though she denied that. Anyway, I hope you have some relaxation times built in to the studying.

Dr. Phil is promoting another show on weight for Monday.

We really enjoyed the picnic in the park today and got in one very nice long walk and then another shorter one.

Last edited by anagram; 05-30-2003 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:24 PM   #28  

Welcome Bo-Beena. Any friend of Punkin's is ..........

Eight pounds is a great loss! Takes me months to do that. So while you're on a roll........It does sound like you're doing things the right way and I wish you continued success.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:28 PM   #29  
Spreadin' the luv.

Thanks, Anagram. I don't feel very young, but that's got nada to do with my age.

Whew, taking the bar sounds...frightening. Zadie, kudos to you - did I miss this - when's your exam? I'll dedicate my daily walk to you (don't laugh, I think it works!).

Picnics! I'm always trying to think of ANY way to make meal/snack time special, to employ as many senses as possible while I'm eating so I'm not just stuffing the food down. A wonderful way to celebrate spring, Anagram. You've inspired me.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:33 PM   #30  
Spreadin' the luv.

Heya, Bo-Beena. What kind of food choices?
Closed Thread