Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 146/140/126

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Whew, I was a bit worried that we seemed harsh!
Not at all...trust me, a reality check is much better than the path I was considering.

Thanks again
LNC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #17  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

First I say kudos to do for lasting more than a few hours. I was going to try it for one day and by the time I got home I was ready to eat everything in the house. I ate a lot that night (real food).
My 2 cents. If you are going to do smoothies do it a few day a week instead of everyday. I think I know which movie you saw (fat, sick and nearly dead perhaps) and I think there is a lot that may have been left out of that.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 146/140/126

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichoose2believe View Post
First I say kudos to do for lasting more than a few hours. I was going to try it for one day and by the time I got home I was ready to eat everything in the house. I ate a lot that night (real food).
My 2 cents. If you are going to do smoothies do it a few day a week instead of everyday. I think I know which movie you saw (fat, sick and nearly dead perhaps) and I think there is a lot that may have been left out of that.
I’ve actually done this “diet” before for a long period of time, I went from 9st to 8st in a very short period of time...I was subscribed to thinspo forums at the time. Even at 8st I was told “you’ve a long way to go”. I’m actually of the opinion now that these documentaries, whilst well intentioned, are very harmful. They are not long term solutions for those trying to lose significant amounts of weight and dangerous for anyone suffering or recovering from an eating disorder. I watched ‘Fat, sick and nearly dead’ last week (along with similar documentaries) and was initially inspired to try out this diet. I seem to have an internal switch in me that is easily switched on, but ultimately leads me down a destructive path. One that I watched that I found really positive is ‘Hungry for Change’ (Netflix strikes again), it promoted healthy eating, not starving to maximise health and wellbeing.
LNC30 is offline   Reply With Quote