Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/153.5/140

Height: 5"6'

Sometimes I can feel little pops all over my legs and I feel hotter. Usually after that I see a new low on the scale.
lilybug02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #17  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

On closer analysis, for me it feels like I have muscle strain in my stomach area. Like when you work out just that little too much. But I mostly only do light exercise.

Last edited by IanG; 04-10-2013 at 09:58 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #18  

I posted about this awhile back, and got no replies, so I thought I was just crazy too. My skin (on my stomach especially) gets really itchy right before a gain or a loss. I mainly notice it when I'm laying in bed, before I fall asleep. I tell myself it's the fat cells shrinking (or stretching). Kinda glad someone else feels it too!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

This has been an interesting thread to read. I don't have any feelings when I'm losing (or gaining!) weight. But in reading the posts, I've decided I'm jealous or at least envious. As hard as I'm working to say goodbye to these fat cells, you'd think they'd have the decency to at least wave goodbye, give a little kick in the tummy (in my case, it could be a kick anyplace on my body!), or at least make their shrinkage known in some way. However, I remember reading someplace that once a fat cell is created, it is never destroyed......it's just sitting there waiting to be filled up again. Right now I'm hearing the theme music from Sharks in my mind. OK, maybe I should get some coffee before writing any more posts.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaWW View Post
I posted about this awhile back, and got no replies, so I thought I was just crazy too. My skin (on my stomach especially) gets really itchy right before a gain or a loss. I mainly notice it when I'm laying in bed, before I fall asleep. I tell myself it's the fat cells shrinking (or stretching). Kinda glad someone else feels it too!
I get crazy itchy on my stomach, and it always seems to be when I'm losing weight so since I've been itching a lot lately, we shall see!

It's weird for me. On the days I'm feeling "skinny" the scale usually says otherwise. And the days where I feel "heavier" is usually when I'm at my lowest. I think it's all in my head haha
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #21  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Alright, I'm guna sound crazy but oh well. I picture each fat cell having a teeeeeeeny tiny hose attached to it, all of them leading to my stomach. And SLOOOOOWLY the fat gets sucked out of those fat cells, as I eat in a deficit. That kind of "fat burning feeling" you described, ya I feel that too! And I picture allll the fat cells slowly being drained as I have that feeling.

Lettin' all my crazy hang out here.
Funny because when I am walking, I picture those fat cells being eaten away by Pac-Man looking creatures Yup I am crazy
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #22  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

I swear I can feel it on the days I have lost. I'm a daily weigher and I always know when I stand up for the first time in the morning if I've gained and if I've lost. It's a weird feeling. I do feel it in my stomach. If I'm bloated my stomach sticks out a little more and I know I'm probably up a pound or two and when I know I lose my stomach is reallly squishy and flatter. So yes I think we can tell when were losing.
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #23  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Up until the past ten days I've lost pretty steadily, so I've never really noticed a specific feeling and been able to tie it to the loss, but I feel a "burning" in my stomach, not a painful one, but close to what IanG describles. Almost like a worked muscle.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

This is so wild that I found this post today, I started feeling itchy yesterday. I also feel like this strange sensation in my belly roll LOL. It's so hard to describe but definitely not my imagination. Im glad i'm not alone LOL.
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #25  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

I'm definitely feeling it now. It feels a little like someone has kicked me in the stomach/ribs just a little oh so.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #26  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

That's great news then! LOL.

I wish that I could tell when I was losing weight. I will have to be a bit more conscious of some of the signs mentioned in the thread. My weight loss is very very cyclical. When I'm in a time where the scale is falling (mostly shedding water weight I've been carrying for 2 weeks) my rings fit MUCH looser and I'm much hungrier.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 04-10-2013 at 08:43 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote