Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy i don't even know...

Ignore my tickers. The numbers are really wrong.

I feel like this year have been a real bear (I work at an elementary school and new teaching/testing standards have been kicking my butt). We just had Spring Break, and while I was kinda (really) off the rails since Christmas (I’ve been yo-yo-ing like crazy), I went totally bonkers for the last week and a half, eating, eating, and eating and not exercising at all and watching seven series of Red Dwarf. I refused to weigh myself; I didn’t want to know what kind of damage I’d done to myself. Since I gain water weight so easily, I feel like I could have gained like…twenty pounds of water, I was that insane. It tends to happen after I've been really good for a week.

Thinking that I couldn’t last but seven months on my own is depressing. All that work…poof.

Not to mention how I’ve come to the conclusion that my only real chance of looking normal is with plastic surgery. That’s a depressing post for another day.

Sorry about the rant. I've just wanted to cry all day.

Last edited by coolacrity; 04-08-2013 at 01:01 PM.
coolacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #2  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

Im sorry you are having a tough time!
Im going through the same at the moment and it sucks! You look in the mirror or at the scale and you think "what was the point of all the work?" I have to then tell myself its training for when I start my real life change tomorrow (like running a marathon) and that usually puts me in a better frame of mind and i find i can carry on with my new eating plan (i refuse to call it a diet now as the word has too many bad conotations for me) and exercise. even if you have to remotivate yourself everyday then do it - come here for support, i have been pushed forward countless times from reading success stories.
Keep strong - you can do this!
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs!

You can do this! Tomorrow is a great day to make better choices!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'm so sorry you're in this place right now. I think a good lot of us can relate. It is really disheartening how very quickly weight can come on vs. how much time and hard work it takes to get it off.

When you're feeling a bit better, face the scale, see the reality of it, and get back to it! We cannot fail if we do not give up. You posting here proves you haven't given up. Cry when you need to cry, then pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and pat yourself on the back for being a persistent and strong woman.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I am in the same place! I feel terrible about how what took me four months to lose, all came back on in seven weeks. It is demoralizing. All that work feels like it was pointless.

But I am trying to remember that it was still a step in the right direction. I did so well that I can use those skills again. And next time I get off track, maybe I can plan a more contained way to get off track.
Ferny1730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #6  

The most important part is that you came back and logged in. That's half the battle for most people so yay you!!!

We are here for you, through the good and the bad. You can do this!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
The most important part is that you came back and logged in. That's half the battle for most people so yay you!!!

We are here for you, through the good and the bad. You can do this!!
^^This!
Good job coming back where you need to be.

It sucks that things got a bit out of control, but the good news is you are back and trying to do better. I would not be overly hard on yourself. We all have our ways of coping with the stresses in our lives. You are going to be able to recover from this.

I think everyone here can relate. Everyone here has fallen off the wagon and climbed back on. I struggle with this myself. I have good days & bad days.

I gain water weight like you. It is insane. I have been the ER & had them take 40 some pounds of freaking water off of me before! It's crazy.

Hang in there. You took the first step. Now, just keep going.
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote