Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Off Track

I have been so faithful to this diet ( and myself) for the past month and I have been so happy because I have lost weight and a lot of inches. My whole attitude and outlook had changed with these changes as well, a feeling that I can finally do this!

I caved a few days ago and had a cheat on my b day and I've struggled to get back to plan ever since. Five days ago I was so strong and confident that I could do this and never thought I would feel like this again....absolutely disgusted with myself for my utter lack of control. When you've gone off track and feel beaten down by yourself how do you get the courage to get back on? UGH!!!

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]

Last edited by Happymomof2; 04-08-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymomof2 View Post
When you've gone off track and feel beaten down by yourself how do you get the courage to get back on?
One day at a time. If you can get one "good" day under your belt, the rest becomes easier. I too have had quite a few off-track days over the past few weeks. The most recent one was last Saturday, when I served sushi & Belgian chocolate (in a fountain) for my husband's 60th birthday party. I had planned to eat nothing at all that evening, thinking that abstaining would be easier than moderating my intake of these all-time-favourite foods. You know what they say about the best-laid plans...

Today I made it to a 6:30 a.m. spin class. In my experience, this type of kick-start makes it easier to stay on track the rest of the day, and then the next, and the next...

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 04-08-2013 at 08:14 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

I am looking for an answer to this as well. I lost about 10 or 12 pounds over a course of four months, and gained almost everything back in seven weeks. I re-started again last week, but had an off weekend. Now I am down in the dumps and wonder if I will be able to do it again. It took me so long, and I worked so hard to make all those good choices!

Maybe it is the most helpful to know that we are not alone in doing this. As long as you don't let your off track days become weeks or months, then you (and I) will be able to be as strong as before.
Ferny1730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #4  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Think of your motivation like a pendulum that swings back and forth. When it's all the way to one side, you have days like you had five days ago, when everything goes perfectly and nothing can stop you. The pendulum starts to swing the other way and pretty soon you have a day like today, when your cravings rear their ugly heads and you feel your stomach is a bottomless pit and you have no desire to exercise. The important thing to remember is the pendulum WILL swing back again (and again, and again). Do the best you can until it does. Do something that makes you feel good while you're waiting to start the swing back again. For me it's cleaning the house top to bottom, or listening to a special playlist on my ipod, or even taking a bath. Anything to get your mind off the tough days, and to be gentle with yourself.

Good luck.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

I had WI this morning - only down .4 and up a little in waist and chest but my coach feels thats because of TOM. I did lose in hips , thighs and arms. I a back OP 100% and remembering how great that feels. Thanks for your replies and motivation. It is nice to know we are all human and not just super dieting robots !

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]

Last edited by Happymomof2; 04-09-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote