3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   i don't want to!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/279184-i-dont-want.html)

CQ680 04-06-2013 12:20 AM

i don't want to!!!!!

i don't want to get on the scale tomorrow!! I weigh myself every morning. I don't freak out if i gain a little, as long as i'm on a downward trend. but today I ate too much!! i had a little bit of bran cereal with strawberries and skim milk, a cup of raw carrots, a chicken breast sandwich. then, between job one and job two, a tim horton's mocha latte. 5 hrs later, leaving job 2, i meet a friend for a "snack" and down an entire steak dinner, including appetizer and wine. I'm screwed.
If i don't get on the scale, I start avoiding it altogether and weight creepily creeps it's creepy fatty pounds back on. I'm the world's worst weight loser.
:(

shcirerf 04-06-2013 12:26 AM

:hug:

You just had one of those days! Happens to the best of us. It's only one day.

As long as you have more good days than not so good ones, you'll be fine!

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon!:D

JustB1027 04-06-2013 12:27 AM

It is done. It is over and you can not change it! Do not beat yourself up over it. It may not be as bad as you think! Plus you have all of next week to work it off and hopefully have a nice woosh!

Silver Sky 04-06-2013 12:52 AM

I can relate.

There's no reason to weigh when you know it'll be up from the bloat. I recommend that you just weigh weekly. Daily weigh-ins can be too stressful for some people (myself included). And don't try to punish yourself by eating way less tomorrow or working out extra hard; that is ED behavior. You're just asking for trouble when you get caught up in that awful pattern.

Rhiko 04-06-2013 06:02 AM

Personally, I think seeing the scales after a binge reminds me of how much I really shouldn't binge :) Just take it as a 'bad day' and keep going. You'll be fine!

Ronja 04-06-2013 06:58 AM

Just carry on!!! Weight loss is a wonderful journey, because you can start it again EVERY morning. And don't worry, it takes long time to lose weight and it takes long time to gain it too. If you just had one bad day, the weight will be off soon. It's not going to stop you in your mission to becoming new, healthier and prettier you. There is only one person who can stop you - YOU! If you listen to the silly voice in your head telling you you're a failure, you will become one. Screw that voice! And start again tomorrow. You will get there eventually!

Have a look at all the photoes in the Goal section. Do you think these wonderful people never cheated with their diet? Never had a steak dinner? Never had a binge? I am telling you, they did. What made them success is that after each failure, they picked themselves up and CARRIED ON. And that's what you will do too!

Amarantha2 04-06-2013 07:17 AM

I weigh only once a week officially, but sometimes change the schedule.

I would never get on the scale following an unusually high day of food as sabotaging my beautiful weight loss journey just seems punitive & negative to me.

But that is just my method, we are all different.

seagirl 04-06-2013 08:02 AM

It sounds like you had breakfast, lunch, coffee and then dinner.

What's the crisis?

Have you added up the calories of what you ate?

Stars 04-06-2013 08:41 AM

The only weight you will have gained is water weight not fat. Overdoing it one day won't pack on the pounds.

You are okay!

CQ680 04-06-2013 10:47 AM

thanks for all the encouragement! I actually find that weighing daily keeps me in check. I could easily gain 10 lbs in one week if i didn't! it wasn't as bad as i thought. just 1 lb up. i'm blaming it on constipation and not drinking enough water. still kind of bummed, but not giving up.

Silver Sky 04-06-2013 02:10 PM

*sigh*

It's not humanly possible to gain 10 lbs of fat in a week. You're thinking water weight, which doesn't count because it's temporary.