Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #16  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
Yes !!! So I gave the piece of cake away to another colleague who I know has a sweet tooth !! The smell of it was messing with my brain !!

I instead took out my small bag of grapes that I carry to work (I snack on fruit) & it satisfied MY sweet tooth just fine.....

and now I feel MUCH BETTER !!!

I HAVE THE WILL POWER !! ** SPARTAN GROWL**
Bravo! Good work!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 275/209/190

Height: 6'1

Mmmmmmmmm........chocolateeeee.......I would say throw it out though.
LadyP2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #18  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 296/198/150

Height: 5'4

Just wanted to clarify my earlier comment about giving it away. I save things for my son to eat that I'm not able to have, but I definitely don't see it as using him as a garbage can. He can eat one bite of a cookie, and be completely satisfied. I would never try to give it away to someone who I knew had any kind of food issues, or push it on someone to eat. I work at a school, and students will occasionally bring in cookies, cupcakes, or some other kind of sweet treat. Instead of turning it down, I thank them and then save it for when my son comes in my classroom after school. It's a nice treat for him, not something that I would do everyday. If he doesn't want it, then by all means he can chunk it in the garbage.

Last edited by onagain1; 04-03-2013 at 09:47 PM.
onagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Good girl!!! Way to go!!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #20  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good for you! I was going to suggest giving it away. If no one wanted it, throw it out.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #21  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yes !!! So I gave the piece of cake away to another colleague who I know has a sweet tooth !! The smell of it was messing with my brain !!

I instead took out my small bag of grapes that I carry to work (I snack on fruit) & it satisfied MY sweet tooth just fine.....

Good for you!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #22  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:

Good for you!! Way to go listening to your body
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #23  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

thanks guys!! it definitely wasn't worth it !! I feel proud of myself
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by onagain1 View Post
Just wanted to clarify my earlier comment about giving it away. I save things for my son to eat that I'm not able to have, but I definitely don't see it as using him as a garbage can. He can eat one bite of a cookie, and be completely satisfied. I would never try to give it away to someone who I knew had any kind of food issues, or push it on someone to eat. I work at a school, and students will occasionally bring in cookies, cupcakes, or some other kind of sweet treat. Instead of turning it down, I thank them and then save it for when my son comes in my classroom after school. It's a nice treat for him, not something that I would do everyday. If he doesn't want it, then by all means he can chunk it in the garbage.
Agreed! While I wouldn't want a piece of cake (first because I don't think it's worth it and would rather have fries or jalapeno pretzels ), I would give a piece to my five year old. Treats are just that to some people. If I got cake on a weekly basis and brought it to a loved one, it would be one thing, but a few times a year isn't treating them like garbage cans!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #25  

When you say "put off by the sight of it" do you mean appetite-wise or at the thought of it damaging your diet? Honestly, I have done a diet of nothing but fruits and veggies for 40 days and things like cake and meat disgusted me for a while... It's your body's way of telling you no. Listen to it. I would get cravings every now and then and I would even go so far as to quickly throw something tempting in the trash as soon as I saw it.... You'll hate yourself afterward if you don't.
JoeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #26  

into*
JoeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #27  

Good for you! I'm glad you have it away.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Yay for giving it away! that shows awesome will power!
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #29  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I wouldn't eat it, and I wouldn't save it for someone in my family to eat, either. Your family members' stomachs are not trash cans.
True, but it also doesn't mean that they are subject to the same dietary restrictions as we are. Not everybody has to suffer because we restrict ourselves.

Sometimes my office orders in food (a lot of it I don't eat because its not on my plan) and there are a lot of leftovers. Sometimes I will bring some of the food home for my kids to eat. That doesn't make them trash cans for eating the food that I don't eat.

When my office has a party for someone with a birthday (they tend to do a monthly employee birthday party to celebrate the birthdays of the employees born in that month), they always provide cake and ice cream. For my birthday month, they knew I was on a diet, so they had fruit too. But other months they have not. So, what I have done - if I was in the mood in partaking of something sweet (which is not always the case) is that I have put aside a box of chocolate peanut butter protein bars for those occasions.

Last edited by joefla70; 04-05-2013 at 03:34 PM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #30  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
You did good. I would have thrown it away or gave it away. I once bought a whole cake into work that I could not face at home.

I guess I just passed the problem onto someone else. Oops.
I do the same thing. My office's kitchen is the dumping ground for leftover cake, cup cakes, pies -- or other deserts that find their way into my house because of birthday parties, etc.

The last time I did this I noticed something interesting. Certain leftover items seem to stick around for a long time. The reason that this struck me is that before I went on my current plan I would have been the main culprit in eating the leftover food. It would not have lasted very long. But apparently the other people in my office don't have those compulsive over-eating issues. This goes a long way to explain my issues with weight.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote