Being fat and men treating you as invisible..

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • There was a joke on Family Guy which was a poke at how women are treated - "Lois, fat men aren't fat, only fat women are fat".

My husband is about 80lbs overweight, he gets told "Oh, you must be so strong" but his sister (the same amount), apparently "can't control how many croissants she eats", by dad. Really??? I think this is in the minds of a lot of people, to treat overweight women with disdain.
  • No, heavy or light, my relationships have always been about the same. Weight & size have only impacted how I view myself.
  • I was invisible to men at my highest weight and I'm invisible to them now, 105 pounds down.

I'm not sure what it is about me but I don't get flirtations, smiles, attention, whatever. I never did before and I don't get them now, unless it's all happening behind my back!

I do feel like I'm showing more confidence and all that...I think I'm just some kind of aberration, exuding some kind of man-repulsion ray.
  • apologies to the men who might be reading this but men are just douche bags.. LOL

they notice a good a$$ !! that's it !!!!

I guess for men.. attraction starts at looks and for women it's looks + everything else !!!