Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Diana- good luck with changing up the workout routine. I have to say "you've done insanity! Holy cow! I'm in awe of you . Anyways.... Had to throw that in. I think that program would be great but have never braved trying it. I can't do a single 'real' push-up. I hope you have much more fun and get the kinda results your looking for. And if heavy lifting was not working for you, then definitely go ton something that you enjoy. I think weight bearing exercise is very important for bone maintenance and to maintain healthy muscle mass, but who says it has to be heavy weights. I say so what helps relieve stress, make you feel good about yourself. And adds happiness to your life.

Syckgirl- yeah I have been surprised how much I don't miss imbibing as much as I used too. I'm not doing SB, so I do have wine and even have had a beer twice since changing (well, working on changing) my habits. And I feel that for social situations I can sip on half a glass a long time and no one notices I'm not constantly refilling.

So yesterday (Easter) went really well. I ate mostly raw veggies and fruit and took tiny portions of other things at our family picnic. Then played basketball (forgot what a workout 2 on 2 can be). I had a small piece of angel food cake and one chocolate covered strawberry. But besides that not bad choices. I didn't count calories though. The thought of trying to figure it all was too overwhelming and even though I really feel I was within my range, I'm going to call it a day off towards my 2 weeks OP. So that means with today I'm back to 3 days on plan.

Weighed 182.6 this morning. Pretty excited to be getting close to 170's. also that means I lost 3 lbs last week. Hooray
Hooray!

Hope everyone's April is starting off solid. Get the momentum rolling and the the momentum helps carry you.

Last edited by wannaBfitnessbuff; 04-02-2013 at 02:39 AM.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #32  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

So much for the weight stabilizing, it's still going up, but not by full pounds, so hopefully it'll stop soon. I'm not going to keep logging my weight in until it stops for good because it's depressing

Diana I ended up crashing for the rest of the day. Woke up for dinner and 2 Netflix movies then was out again. I was thinking (still in thinking phase) I'll try my Wii today since it's Tuesday. If there's no parking, I'll have to walk and I still have to drive home. I might just rest all day, we'll see.

I still have tons of laundry to do, so maybe, I'll work on that. I have to wake up first.

Have a great day everyone.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1380 +
Weigh In: 161.2 (TTOM)
Up: .2

Cynder Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #34  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Back to the grind today. I'm getting back on track.

Yesterday's Calories: 1600
Today's Weight: 181

1400 calorie allowance again. Will likely go off track this weekend since I will be at a convention/hotel for three days, but I'm going to do my best to stay within my limits.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-02-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #35  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Just a drive by:

I'm up 7 pounds, and I can't blame it all on PMS. I was off plan in a big way this weekend. But this morning I was able to just auto pilot back to good behavior. Got my swim in, and I'm happily sporting a bunch of 2X tops that aren't tight, bunchy etc. They fit. (I had a shopping trip after my Easter meltdown because I couldn't get dressed to go to my mom's - everything looked like a flour sack).

1 month to LBD, 2 months to bridesmaid dress! Gotta get on it. I REFUSE to be over 300 for that wedding!

Have a fantastic day everyone!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Scale was up a bit the last two days in a row. I'm trying not to let it make me sad. I know that natural fluctuations are normal and expected and I tend to fluctuate alot. I need to get back to tracking everything. I have been doing more guestimateing than measureing and perhaps thats why I am seeing a bit of scale creep. Energywise I feel a million times better than I did last week. Which is such an encouragment. I need to get back to my mentality that I am doing this forever and to not try to make changes that I don't plan to do for now on. Last few days I have been feeling like I want to restrict a bit more. Only eat 1200 calories instead of 1600. Things like that. I know that I may eat a bit higher in maintence than 1600, but I know I will eat alot higher than 1200. I don't want to have maintenece be much change from weight loss. And I know this means my loss with be slow going. But I want this to last a lifetime. Not just a summer.

Anyways impatience is something that I struggle with when trying to lose weight. So far I only think about being more restrictive or trying to exercise a crazy amount everyday or only eat fruit and vegetables for a week. I haven't actually done any of these things .

Just needed to vent with that. I have done crash type diets in the past and lost weight and always gained it back (otherwise I wouldn't be here now) I cant let myself get that kind of mentality going. It wont work. But since I let myself gain the most weight I have ever weighed it's hard to see this decade (the 180's) take weeks (and it should take weeks to lose 10 lbs). I used to lose into the 170's so quickly in every attempt of the past (granted before this go around I rarely gained above 184-185) and it's hard to have so many work slacks sitting in my closet waiting for 175-178 to be able to fit on this bum.

I will get there. Maybe remembering how long it takes to do it right will help motivate me to never go back. I always had the mentaility that the first 8-12 pounds were easy. I could just never seem to lose more than that before. But every pound is a hard fought battle and I must be consistent and relentless and make these changes forever.

Done with my self-pep-talk. Hope you ladies are all dong great!
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #37  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

just a quickie...

did well yesterday and stayed on plan...I did have one bud light when we got to the golf course clubhouse (horse trail we walk goes in to Griffith Park and the golf course), but during phase 2 I am allowed one beer or glass of wine per day. I had my tofu for lunch and I did make the curry for dinner but it was green curry, not yellow. I had to cheat a little and add some brown sugar, because it did not taste good at first! Maybe because the coconut milk was light, I don't know...but it ended up yummy

breakfast - Fage greek yogurt (plain) with a packet of splenda and 15 almonds.

for snack I have string cheese, and celery sticks to dip in jalapeno greek yogurt dip. (2 tbsp)

lunch is a version of crack slaw I made the other day! Cabbage, diced tomato, ground beef, and my usual assortment of herbs and spices. Organic no salt seasoning, garam masala, red pepper flakes, curry powder, and cinnamon!

not too certain on dinner yet...
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #38  
banned

Height: 5'3

I'm not going to weigh again until Monday.
Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #39  
banned

Oh, and I feel fantastic!

Usually, I go to 7-Eleven, every morning, to purchase a Super Big Gulp of Diet Dr. Pepper. Well, NO MORE. Due to a horrible rain storm that has prevented me from walking over there, I was forced to stick with water and a delicious cup of green chai tea w/ soy milk & stevia. The tea has really boosted my mood (and it it's actually expired, but oh well) and I feel absolutely amazing. I've also been reading a PDF that I got from a woman's website who helps people with eating disorders. She recommends ditching all caffeinated drinks except for green tea. I used to drink it fairly often but fell back into my diet soda habit (and occasional coffee). Anyhow, I feel great and I'm really excited because I was just on Amazon and found 100 packet boxes of Stash teas for an INCREDIBLE price! Problem is, there are so many flavors I'm having trouble choosing!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Saw a lovely 156 the other day, went back up to 158 again today so i didn't change my ticker. I have noticed such huge dives before and whenever they happen a week or so later i land on that number and maintain for another week or so before another plunge takes place. Between those downs i also get one or two spikes to the heavens of 2-3 pounds that remain for a day or two before they go down again......WHY in the name of heavens am i getting this up and down? I see in the graph the constant downward motion of the scales (Steady but slow), but you can see spikes and plunges here and there and i am trying to figure out WHY they happen.

Any ideas?
Ellemphriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #41  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Ellemphriem - That's perfectly normal. Be sure to weigh yourself at the same time each day. Sickness, water retention, constipation, etc. can all cause weight gain. The plunges are likely due to low water intake the day before, being more than regular with your bathroom visits, or even an issue with your scale. Fluctuations are normal.

One day last week I weighed 178.8 due to using dieretics. Now I'm back to 181. It happens.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #42  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 0.6 pounds today. Argh.

Breakfast: 2 coffees, milk no sugar.
1 open raw mushroom sandwich

Lunch: Big salad (corn, cheese, egg, beets, lettuce, onion, mushrooms, tuna, green peppers, tomatoes, cous cous, cranberries, cucumber, croutons with a lite range dip on the side)

Dinner: Beer (Green Flash West Coast IPA)

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Walked half an hour to work. Walked half an hour back.

Need the whoosh tomorrow. Will it come?

Clothes are a lot loser. Even the smaller ones I bought. I look like I'm wearing balloons for pants. Undo my belt and you can pull them down without unbuttoning them. I have mixed feelings about wearing new clothes that increasingly become less flattering as I lose weight. This is gonna get expensive.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #43  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Novangel Good luck with your labs for tomorrow. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Solarplant Good job on your workout!

Wannabfitnessbuff I was surprised that I was able to get through Insanity. You should try it. If I can do it you can, too. I was also amazed with doing push ups. You build up to it. I'm not as good with them now. Congrats on the 3 pounds.

Mamakat Hang in there about your weight. Your body is just going through something right now. Did you do the Wii workout today? I hope your day went well.

Psychic Hi I hope you had a good day.

Radiojane What is LBD? Good job on the swim! I need to buy a couple new pieces for Spring/Summer. I only had one option for Easter Sunday. As you know, I hate shopping. I looked around a little on Saturday but couldn't find anything that I liked. So, I just went with my one option. Hey, no decisions to be made.

Wannabfitnessbuff Hey, vent all you need to. I have done my share. You will get there. Everyone loses at a different rate. I am a very slow loser. Hang in there. Don't let it get you down, just keep trying.

Syckgirlsfv Your meals always sound delish and interesting.

Silver Sky Glad you are feeling great today. The green tea sounds like a great option for you.

Ellemphriem I have done the same type of loss followed by a blip up and then back down. It seems like a common theme that I have read. I don't know why, just that it happens.

Ian Good job on your clothes becoming looser. Everyone buys clothes at different stages. I bought about every 2 sizes. Things would start looking pretty bad on me before I would buy again. You might buy one or two pants at the thrift/goodwill store to get you through.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-02-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #44  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Pork chop 400 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
Shape Bikini Body Camp Redefining Workout (both workouts) w/#5's
Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #45  
banned

Oatmeal: 150 calories
Peanut butter: 200 calories
Raisins: 130 calories
Soy milk: 20 calories

Green chai tea with stevia & soy milk: 20 calories

Berries: 60 calories
Greek yogurt: 60 calories
Whipped cream cheese: 60 calories
Ground flax seed: 30 calories

Boca burger: 70 calories
2 slices of whole wheat bread: 100 calories
Slice of cheese: 60 calories
Green beans w/margarine 100 calories
Baked potato: 150 calories

Total calories: 1210

Last edited by Silver Sky; 04-02-2013 at 09:55 PM.