Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #1  
Started Jan. 22. 2013

S/C/G: 373/359/273

Height: 5'7"

Default Going out of town

Hello Everyone,
Starting next week; I am heading out of town everyweek for the next 6 weeks.
I am back on track after two weeks of no change and last week blew it with food as it pissed me off.
So back to being on track; now I have to head off out of town.
Driving to remote areas of Northern Ontario; so my plan is to take my IP shakes for breakfast and evening snack (zipper pickles or pudding). I'm thinking I will be able to customize my dinners however my lunches will be more difficult...ANY IDEAS.
I plan to bring a little fabric cooler with some veggies and pickles.
However, I do not want to bring too much fear of being teased or laughed at by my male colleagues.
Look forward to hearing your ideas.
Rachel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Bring your own low-cal salad dressing to put on diner salads.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

I'm currently in a similar situation. For the next two months I will be traveling every other week for work. So one week traveling, one week home. The best advice I can give is to plan ahead as best you can. Bring healthy snacks and try to plan out what you're going to eat for lunch even if its only that you'll stick to eating salads or lean proteins and vegetables. Every restaurant has at least those options. What really has helped me is to be extra mindful of what I'm eating since I know my routine is changing constantly. Sometimes we do the opposite: we are less mindful because we get frustrated by the change in our routine.
Also, please don't worry about what your coworkers will think. They aren't going to lose the weight for you so their opinion really doesn't matter. My coworkers constantly tease me about always eating healthy but I don't care. I feel good and I like making healthy choices. Good luck and at the very least know there are other dieting travelers out there like yourself. Hugs!!
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #4  
Started Jan. 22. 2013

S/C/G: 373/359/273

Thank you Hungry Hippo and NYFLAgirl....all great advice and support.
BTW it is very nice knowing there are other travellers out there.
How has either one of you managed the drinking of 64 oz of water while travelling....I'm thinking of drinking as much as I can while at the restaurants only because washroom facilities are near by and once I am in my hotel room...otherwise I will have to beg them to stop every 30 min. after drinking a bottle of water. I'm constantly going to the bathroom about every 30 min.
Rachel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Travel scales. Look them up on Amazon. So cool!

These are gonna save me on my foreign trips. They are tricky to stand on but I need to know what my weight is doing.

Last edited by IanG; 03-27-2013 at 09:32 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote