3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   So, I had a tiny NSV... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/278423-so-i-had-tiny-nsv.html)

XLMuffnTop 03-25-2013 05:22 PM

So, I had a tiny NSV...

I went shopping with my mom this weekend to find a professional outfit for my program interview at school next week.Naturally, I went to the plus size section of the store and grabbed a bunch of stuff in my standard sizes, usually about a 20W. I tried on dresses, pants, tops, etc.

One dress they didn't have in a 20 so I grabbed an 18 "optimistically." ;) When I got to the dressing room the 18 was big! I went down to a 16 and fit like a glove. The same thing happened with pants. OMG and pants are the worst! I tried a 20, then an 18 then a 16 which finally worked fantastic.

While still over the moon, I figured there was a bit of vanity sizing going on for us junk-in-the-trunk ladies so I went over to the "other" side of the store. I grabbed the first dress I could find (God it was ugly!) and tried in on in a 18 regular. I was never so happy to have such a butt ugly dress on! It not only fit but was big!

I still bought the plus size dress and pants because they fit so well it would be a crime not to. However, knowing I can fit in regular sizes has made my day... no, my week. It renews my hope and motivation... So happy!

penmage 03-25-2013 05:28 PM

Way to go!!! :cheer3:

elvislover324 03-25-2013 05:31 PM

Awesome!!! Good luck on your interview!!

It's so great to try on clothes now and be able to choose the size you want or need from the rack. I used to have to try the biggest ones and hope they fit or I was out of luck. And now when I look at the clothes ready for the goodwill, I can't believe I wore them like I was a fashion model...but that's a story for another post. :)

SouthernMaven 03-25-2013 05:56 PM

Congratulations! You have every reason to be proud of yourself.

Best of luck on your interview!

gailr42 03-25-2013 06:07 PM

Good for you. I totally understand your elation!

PreciousMissy 03-25-2013 06:32 PM

What a wonderful NSV! I can't wait until I have to go out of the dressing room for a smaller size instead of a bigger one!

RVAscreenwriter 03-25-2013 07:51 PM

That's not a tiny NSV. THAT'S A FREAKING AWESOME NSV!
Congratulations, and keep it up! Good luck with your interview.

Misti in Seattle 03-25-2013 07:51 PM

You call that a TINY NSV? LOL it is super huge. :woohoo:

NightowlAnnie 03-25-2013 08:06 PM

How cool :carrot:

mandypandy2246 03-25-2013 08:28 PM

That is amazing! I would probably start crying of joy in the store. As a size 22W who recently lost 25lbs but am still solidly a size 22W (pants went from a little snug in the waist to more normal fitting + loose in the legs), I am going to cry of joy when I go down just one size. I'm thinking 40lb is going to be the magic number for me. :)

GirlieJayhawk 03-25-2013 08:50 PM

TINY NSV?!?!?

The day that happens in my world will be an EPIC NSV!

YEAH for you!!!

Mozzy 03-25-2013 10:03 PM

Congrats!!!

XLMuffnTop 03-26-2013 09:25 AM

Thanks everyone. It was awesome but I'm trying to keep my perspective so I don't start to slide into dangerous "old" habits. I don't want to give myself an excuse.

I am glad my mom was there with me though, otherwise the ladies working there might've thought I was a tad crazy.

dstalksalot 03-26-2013 10:54 AM

I remember making the jump to regular sizes that was a nice moment. I remember thinking how much variety there was. Congratulations!

elvislover324 03-26-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop (Post 4682552)
I am glad my mom was there with me though, otherwise the ladies working there might've thought I was a tad crazy.

I already am convinced the ladies at the store KNOW I am a tad crazy!!! I get so excited and practically do happy dances in the store now. Celebrate yourself girl, you are doing awesome!!! :hug: