Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #91  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Speaking of the angio edema, I feel totally different today than I have since the weekend. I'm glad I started back with the antihistamine. I wish I could figure this thing out. Maybe I should try taking the antihistamine on a regular basis again. TMI alert: The last 2 days I have had normal bathroom visits. Since the weekend things were not right. It's like the angio edema messes up everything in my system. I really knew something wasn't right on Monday. My lips started getting very red. It literally looked like I had red lipstick on, they were that red. Also, when this thing is going on, my urine flow is really restricted. Now that I am taking the antihistamine I can tell my body is releasing the water/urine better. I hope I can figure thing thing out or better yet, it goes away. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I feel a lot better today.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #92  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone! Now I'm not one to get sucked into the quick and easy weight loss magic pill mumbo jumbo. BUT, I went over to my neighbor's house yesterday to loan her some eggs. She knows I've been losing weight and she herself is a heavy set woman. She is disabled and gets a lot of things that her insurance covers. She told me that she now uses Sensa. All I know about Sensa is that they have silly commercials! My neighbor INSISTED on giving me a month's worth to try. She did say that it is expensive and I don't want to just throw it out. I tried to give it back to her but she has a big personality so she wasn't having that! So I took the Sensa.

So my question is, how does it work? Has anyone tried it? Are there any crazy side effects?
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #93  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Katydid I wouldn't go the route of Inositol unless you have a true issue with OCD. Is this a recent issue with you? I have struggled with OCD in a particular area of my life since I was a very young child. I did some research about this and found out about Inositol helping with this issue. I started taking it a couple years ago and it has really helped me with this particular issue with OCD that I have been dealing with. (I want to note that I had issues with angio edema prior to taking the Inositol, so those two are not related) Of course you can try the Inositol to see if it helps, but I would try to work through it without adding something. There is nothing wrong with taking a good multivitamin. Here are some good options:
http://www.vitacost.com/productresul...SoldQuantity|1

ETA: I'm not sure if there are any studies on taking Inositol and food related OCD issues. My OCD issue, that I am taking the Inositol for, is not food related. I wonder if the Inositol has helped me with food? I am amazed that I have been able to stay on track with all of the stress, thyroid issues, and angio edema that I have dealt with in the last year.
i KNOW that the 5-htp and the inositol have helped tremendously with the obsessive thoughts about food

my mind seriously is on the go All.The.Time and alot of that revolves around food...like when i get up, it's thinking about whether i'm truly hungry or just THINK i'm hungry, what i'm having for breakfast after the work shift, what's at work that i could nibble on, if there's any food in the staff lounge at the school, it's a constant revolving door of food thoughts...i eat breakfast and then i'm thinking what else i could eat, what i'm taking for lunch, how long until i can get my sugar-free mocha, what i'm making for the students' snack program at school today, if i am going to eat any of that....etc etc....i could write pages...and all this in my head when I"M NOT EVEN HUNGRY!

ive also found that if i think about food, my stomach will actually start to growl and then i think "oh i'm hungry, let's go eat...and why not go eat what you were just wanting anyhow"....*sigh*

the answer to the supplement/vitamin question that was asked....i do take a multivitamin daily, i take 5-htp twice a day, inositol once a day and on occasion an iron tablet...but not often because it constipates me...but i'm on a very heavy TOM right now so i'll probably take one tablet this week at some point
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #94  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

MORNING! Just stopping in quickly - I am still on phase 1 of South Beach, and phase 2 starts on Monday. I'm doing good! I'm down to 160.5. Not feeling too deprived, although really want some of hubby's snacks like PB filled pretzels and pretzel chips! But we have a good amount cuz we went shopping at Costco yesterday, so next week I can have a little

Breakfast today: 1 cup greek yogurt with chopped almonds, splenda, and cinnamon.

I brought tofu for lunch along with a slice of light swiss and salsa.
snacks for the day are: string cheese, celery and jalapeno greek yogurt dip

dinner is probably going to be pork chops, green beans, and maybe refrieds. Not totally sure. I bought salmon burgers, mahi mahi burgers, and turkey burgers yesterday so I'm stocked on protein

did 35 minutes on the air climber yesterday for a 430 calorie burn, and tonight I'll probably do shoulders and arms.

Have a great day girls!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 03-27-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

MzJuicy- All I know about it is you shake itover your food and I think it helps supprress your appetite, or help you feel full longer? Not sure on side effects etc. My impression is that it's more a tol for weightloss than a crash diet. Again I dont know much about it, but I wouldn't personally feel any issues with taking it.

I'm really sorry if this seems insensitve to anyone currently struggling with cravings or portion control. And if you don't want to "hear about" it not being an issue then maybe dont read the next part. I do know what its like to have crazy cravings. To find myself standing in front of an open cupboard/ fridge without even realizing I got up and walked across the room. So I am by no means saying I think that making changes in eating habits is in any way shape or form an easy task. In the past I have failed at it because it was so hard. Ha ha we dont stay heavy cause losing wieght is easy.

So here's what I cant quite understand. Since starting my 'On Plan' streak 6 days ago I have had such an easy time sticking with it. I'm not complaining. I love that I eat my planned healthy meals and then stop eating and dont eat again until the next meal. It is wonderful. I feel wonderful and I love it. I also cant dream that this is going to last right on through all the weightloss. I guess I just cant believe that it's so different this time. I feel like "Why the heck didn't I do this YEARS ago, its so easy for me right now". Not to say I haven't had moments that I thought about eating off plan foods, or snacking at off plan times. But I have been able to firmly tell myself. "No you aren't eating that/ doing that." and then I dont. I'm terrifyed of when the first real tough cravings hit. I know I will have slip ups and I'm afraid of those lasting days or weeks like before. I'm afraid that the progress I've made could be erased in just those few days. Especially since this weight has come off so quick. It makes me feel like it must all be water weight, or just bloat/ undigeste dfood in my g.i. tract and that I haven't lost any legitimate fat. Obviously there is no way that I have lost over 7 lbs of all fat in such a quick amount of time (I weighed 182.4 this morning!!!!!!)

I shouldn't be overthinking all this. I know that. I need to be grateful that I get to see my work pay off, no matter what the weightloss really comes from and I need to use it as motivation to keep on sticking with my plan. But gosh I feel so scared about stopping. Scared to have cravings that I can't resist, and scared to lose my motivation or become severly derailed on this program.

Geez sorry for yet anothe long rant ladies. And I know I'm being ridiculous. If I were giving myself advice I would say. "Don't worry about what might happen. Just do what you know if good for your body and good for your health. The result will be that you are improving you health, regardless of weightloss, but also the weightloss will come".

Anyways thanks for 'listening'.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #96  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs down

I'm sure it's majority sodium but the scale jumped up 3 pounds today.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #97  
banned

Height: 5'3

Yesterday's weight: 138.2
Today's weight: 137.6

.6 pizza bloat gone.
Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #98  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Katydid I get the frustration of only getting down 5.5 this month. When you have a high loss month followed by a low one (or two in my case) it's frustrating.

Novangel That sucks. I'm up 5 but I know that it's from all the crap I've taken in the last little while.

Ok folks, I am officially back on the wagon forever, because this is not worth it. I'm still bloated and gassy and not myself. So today I fasted until 1pm and got back with small small portions of on plan food. My swim was slow because I'm feeling gross, but I did get one in.

No idea what my calories were yesterday, but I'd estimate the 2500 range. We went down to the states to pick up packages and stayed for taco tuesday.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #99  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

so far it's been a good week...i'm not weighing myself because I need to focus on what i'm eating, my mental clarity about food, and how my body feels, and that judgment gets really clouded when I add the scale number to that mix...I have my annual checkup at the end of april so i'll be weighed there

ive kept to my calorie limit both Monday and Tuesday, which is a success...i'm on plan so far for today too...did a good run at the gym, working on HIIT intervals although I don't think they are TRUE HIIT because I can do 10 of them and i'm not hitting my top speed until the last few, but i'm hitting a top speed on the sprints of 8.1 mph at the moment, which is a success...i'm feeling less bloated and not constipated anymore, which is also good

however TOM has hit me like a train since yesterday O-M-G a very heavy and somewhat crampy TOM..ughhh....I still ran today though, because TOM doesn't bother my running and sometimes it helps with the cramps...my knee is not liking the top speeds but not enough to stop running them

I have work all afternoon next...am training some new volunteers who are coming in...and then I have a board of directors meeting directly after work

on the plus side, it's NOT SNOWING(!!) maybe it's finally spring in my rainforest
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #100  
banned

Height: 5'3

Today's food intake:

Cinnabon honey bun: 550 calories
Slim Fast powder with soy milk & psyllium husk fiber: 220 calories
2 Boca burgers with whole wheat buns & cheese: 520 calories
Steamed broccoli smothered in dijon mustard: 100 calories

Total calories: 1390
Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Katydid You have done great with 5.5 pounds, so far.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad to hear the hives are getting resolved. Sorry that TTOM is rough right now. Hang in there.

Psychic I still think you did well for eating out.

Mzjuicyd I have never taken Sensa and I'm not familiar with it. How did you feel today after taking it?

Syckgirlsfv Good job on South Beach!

WannaBfitnessbuff Maybe planning is what has helped you. I have to admit that eating the same foods most days and eating on a regular schedule seems to help me, too. Of course I still have a day here and there that I feel like a bottomless pit. (I actually felt like that after dinner tonight. I just ignored it and moved on.) Most people find my way of eating very boring, but 99% of the time it works for me. I'm glad things are working out for you and hope it continues. Good job on your weigh in.

Novangel Three pounds is unusual for you. Did you eat a lot of sodium yesterday? I remember you mentioning about Panda Express. We are getting one in our area. I looked at their nutritionals online. It seems like you can order meals in a decent calorie range. You can order without rice but extra veggies, etc. Do you feel there are good options there? The sodium didn't even look too bad. What are your thoughts?

Silver Sky Good job on the .6.

Radiojane Good job getting back on plan. Keep up the great work.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

I have been experimenting with fiber bars and protein bars in the last week. For some reason, they don't really do anything for me. I wish I could eat a bar and be satisfied, but that doesn't happen for me. Even with higher protein and higher fiber.

Total Approx 1450 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (355 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Protein bar - wanted to use this up - 170 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 grilled mahi tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
JM's 30 DS Day 8 Level 3 w/#5's
Jessica Smith's Flat Abs Walk

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-27-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #103  
Warrior Princess

Diana, yes I caved at Panda Express and eating high sodium in general the past few days. I also had a medium sized Blizzard from Dairy Queen. I have had the scale jump 3p once or twice before. I think I got too comfortable being so close to goal and possibly (hope not!) could also have something to do with re-increasing med dosage..but I hope it's just from food. I will weigh in again in a few days. That was a shocker but I don't think it's all fat I didn't eat that much...I get very obsessed with the number though.

I won't make lame excuses but it seems to be a common thing around here; get really close to goal and pig out. I don't know why though.

I'm not beating myself up too bad about it. Just a little.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #104  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzJuicyD View Post
Hey everyone! Now I'm not one to get sucked into the quick and easy weight loss magic pill mumbo jumbo. BUT, I went over to my neighbor's house yesterday to loan her some eggs. She knows I've been losing weight and she herself is a heavy set woman. She is disabled and gets a lot of things that her insurance covers. She told me that she now uses Sensa. All I know about Sensa is that they have silly commercials! My neighbor INSISTED on giving me a month's worth to try. She did say that it is expensive and I don't want to just throw it out. I tried to give it back to her but she has a big personality so she wasn't having that! So I took the Sensa.

So my question is, how does it work? Has anyone tried it? Are there any crazy side effects?
I haven't tried it... and never will... but I googled and one of the main ingredients is maltodextrin... i.e. cornstarch, which is undoubtedly full of GMO pesticides. The reviews on Amazon are pretty bad.

Personally.... if your neighbor won't take it back... I'd put it in the garbage. Just my opinion, though.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #105  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

MzJuicyD - Personally, I don't see how Sensa can help at all unless you believe it works. I think its all mental. I do work with a lady that uses it and swears up and down it works though.

Yesterday's Calories: 1430
Today's Weight: 181.6

Bought a lot of fresh produce at Aldis. Their strawberries are really good right now. I also found a new cereal called GetBalanced there. Its just like Kashi GoLean, but its $2.50 a box. One cup has 160 calories, 13g Protein, and 20g Fiber. Add a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and you have a healthy and filling breakfast for less than 200 calories.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote