300+ and Ready to Try Again #338

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
    And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
    We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.
  • Before .....
    This dark hair photo was taken November 2002
  • ...and the Present
    Here's the blonde that got the pics done May 19!

SIDE NOTE: Both pictures were done by the same photographer
  • I know, I know, I haven't been in here for awhile. I completely missed the 337 thread. Well I have fallen and can't get up. That's all I have to say. WW is not good right now, I found myself emotionally eating Mon. and Fri I had a big pig out, which I loved and felt great about until Mon, then DH and I fought and then of course to get back at him I ate, how stupid was that!! Well today was pretty good, I am doing ok. I think I went over only 2 points. But I am determined still. I want to do this. I just don't seem to have the strength right now. But I am working on it.

So Lori, I have to say....Very pretty! I love the blonde. Woo Hoo!!

And no personal responses right now, I wouldnt know where to begin.

I will survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi guys... my grand babies just left and I am ready for some ME time. LOL
    I love them with all my heart... but they wear me out.

Lori... your picture looks great. What a difference it makes from your other photo. I have a friend who looks like you with the same color hair. Before you looked nothing alike.

I see you started a new thread kind of early this time.
    There had only been 25 posts. We try to keep it closer to 30 for in the future. We are sort of keeping a running count of how many posts since this site began.

I don't even remember what I said in my last posts.
    I don't think I told everyone that my daughters graduation was HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. They called her name as Susie instead of Staci and did not go back and correct it. I was so busy complaining to my husband that I missed her whole appearance on stage. The people sitting around us were talking to us about it and I so I was being polite to them and missed my own daughters walk across the stage to recieve her diploma. Grrrr
    No more said.... I get so mad at them and at myself everytime I think about it.

My house is a HUGE MESS still. I work at it.. but getting nowhere.
    Trying to fit my stuff... plus my parents .. plus a daughter moving home with an entire apartment full of stuff... stuff. It is just overwhelming.
    I have probably said all of this before... but it is still bothering me... so here I am again... complaining.
    No more said on that subject either.

I did enjoy watching my American Idol tonight.
    I felt Clay did a better job.... but I could not get through to vote.
    I LOVE Ruben... and he is a big ole teddy bear.... but... I felt like Clay did the best job tonight. Of course I know there are millions out there that felt Ruben did. I think they both will be big successes no matter what. I hope Kimberly Locke succeeds too.

I am sorry I am not replying to everyone. I already feel overwhelmed with my home .... and I just can't take anymore pressure to be sure not to miss anyone. Plus, I would have to go back and reread every post and I just don't have the time now.
    I don't see any relief until June... I will just do the best I can to get in here and just post.
    I am going for now. Hope everyone has a great week.
  • 2cute: hang in there! I am trying to hang in there, we can hang together.
  • Deon... {{{ HUGS }}} Thanks !!!!!
    I am hanging the best I can.
    As they say... when you get to the end of your rope...
    Tie a knot and hang on.

That is true... but sounds soooo hard.
    I prefer to think of it as... "This too shall pass"
  • Took my son to the emergency room last night they put him off work till Friday. Said his athletes foot caused the infection.
    Chat tonight &.30 central
  • I meant 7:30 centraal
  • Good morning!
    Love the pics Lori!

No time to post much. I'm doing well with food and exercise. Last night I did 21 minutes on the spinner and walked the dog for 30. I needed the stress relief - MIL trauma - plus I have been wanting to get back to that level of exercise. Scale better budge soon!

I was digging through some old WW material. I have my weigh-in books from every time I've joined WW. It made me rather sad. A few years ago, I joined for the first time and lost about 30 pounds but burned out and quit. Well, that was NINE years ago and I got down to 227. For NINE years I've been struggling to get even past the 250's. I get close and then stall out and quit. For NINE years, I have joined four times and never made it past the 10 pound mark before I'd get frustrated. I had no idea it had been so many years. Realizing that sure makes all the little cheat foods unappealing. I tend to lose then stall and yoyo for awhile. I'm at a stall point which may be because of PMS weight.

This is my resolve to keep at the exercise and not quit this time.

Time to go. Everyone, have a great OP day - let's get our determination and focus- let's not stall out and quit!! :
  • Hi, can't talk for too long, it's late and I'm REALLY tired!

Just quickly coming in to say I walked for 25 minutes, covering about 3.4km. I then did my stretches, and am finding that I'm walking a lot easier than a couple of weeks ago - I'm finally losing that slightly bent over, I'm-just-recovering-from-a-caesarian, look!!!

Food's been good, finally managed to get UNDER my points for the day.

See ya soon!
  • Good afternoon to all!

Food has been great the last couple of days; and I have started doing 100 tummy crunches and butt lifts every morning in addition to my walking and 3x a week, 30 minute workout.

It has been a chilly, wet May here where I am...and Memorial Day weekend doesn't look too hopeful.

SIDE NOTE: For those of you confused on time zones:

Since chat is at 7:30 central, that will mean that:

8:30 Eastern
    6:30 Mountain
    5:30 Pacific
  • I just received very distressing news that a girl I used to work with, (same place, different shift) died this morning. She was a year younger than I am. (44) Not sure yet how...probably a heart attack. Not overweight, didn't smoke. I'm speechless and so very sad.

Please do me a favor and honor her memory by not taking life for granted.
    Enjoy each moment of each day.
    Tell your kids/dh/parents/sweetheart/dog/cat/whoever that you love them.
    Love yourself.
    Take joy in the sunset, the rain, the flowers...
    Take joy in the most mundane task and offer it up.

Life is a precious gift.
  • Good Afternoon
    I got on the scales for my weekly weigh-in this morning and I am down 4 pounds!! I cant wait until I get under 300 again. Once I get below, I will not go over again!! I want to be slim for once as an adult because I never have been. In high school I weighed between 180-190 but was still a 16. I want to be a little smaller than that even though I would give my right eyelashes to be that size right now.

Lori- I like the new color. I have dark brown hair and I am just not bold enough to make a drastic change. You go girl!!

Deon- Just pick yourself back up hun. A couple of bad days does not ruin your weight loss efforts completely like most of us seem to think, including myself. Dont give up because if you do you will just have to lose the weight over again that you have already lost because you know that you will start again. Why not start again from where you are right now? You can do it!!

2cute- Start with a single room when it comes to cleaning your house. Focus on scrubbing one room down today and then focus on another tomorrow. You will have the whole house spotless in a matter of days. Dont let it overwhelm you, make it fun! Turn on the radio and dance around a little while you work. That way you are getting exercise and your cleaning done. Come on, try it! I was sorry to hear about them getting your daughter's name wrong at graduation!! It looks like they would double check something like that!! It is such an important day after all. 2cute, I think you need to take some YOU time. Dont let yourself get burned out.

Mary- sorry to hear that your son had to go to the hospital but at least now he should be getting better.

determined to succeed- Is it Terri? When I scroll down for replies it does not say the names so I am sorry if you are not Terri Good job on the exercise!! Yes it is depressing to look back over the weight lost and gained over the years but try not to focus on that anymore. It will only bring you down. Instead focus on the fact that you are treating your body right now and for life. The rewards will come!

Lynne- You are really doing great on the walking!! The weight will be falling off of you if you keep that up. Great job!!

Kat- Sorry to hear about your co-worker. It is so easy to take life for granted. She was so young. Yes I will remember to kiss my family and let them know I love them. Just know that I am thinking of you and the family of that lady during the sadness.

Well I am gonna go for now. I wish you all a wonderful day!!

Hugs,
    Tracy
    324/320/150
  • I am finally feeling good again!
    Hello everyone!
    Today is a new day and a new beginning! I must say I have never been able to come back from a binge like I have had this past week and feel like I do right now. And I stepped on the scale and it wasn't as dissappointing as I thought it would be, in fact I am still where I was last week, which I was up 2.6 last week but I have eaten like a hog all week so I was very happy to see that I stayed the same.

Kat: I try to tell my kids and DH on a daily basis how much I love them because I feel I am truly blessed to have alll of them in my life and also because when I was a kid my parents didnt ever tell me or hug me. I hug my kids all the time also. Sometimes I wonder if I am smothering them but they seem to be pretty happy kids. But I understand what you are saying about life being too short. I value each and every day, I'm not always as productive as I should be, but I do what I want to keep my kids and DH happy.

Tracy: thank you so much for that perspective, a little reminder that I dont want to lose that 25 lbs a third time, I want this wieght gone permanent this time. And congrats on the 4 lbs. I am right there with ya on wanting to be a thin adult. I so know what you mean. Keep up the good work.

Well that is all I can think of for now. Everyone have a great day.