Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 301/299/220

Height: 5'5"

Question ???Has Anyone Around 300lbs Ever Tried This???

Has anyone on here and please be honest but has anyone around 300lbs (i am 298) ever tried a low cal healthy food diet with just walking on treadmil for 20:00mins 7x's per week @ max incline and drank lots of water but took healthy amounts of diuretic pills and lost weight?

If So...How Much Weight...

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK, AND IF IT DOES WILL IT BE A VERY SLOW WEIGHT LOSS PROCESS, OR WILL THIS BE A SUFFICENT FAT SHREDDER FOR NOW?

im not trying to come off as someone who expects weight loss to come easy, HOWEVER i do feel like im doing a pretty good job, HONESTLY I just want to look at the scale in a week and get inspired by some weight loss so i stay encouraged, and not get DISCOURAGED and give up...
mmaldonado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Nope. No one has ever lost weight by eating at a caloric deficit and regular exercise. Did your really just ask that question???

Why do you need diuretic pills? Do they help control your blood pressure? If so - I noticed on another thread you mentioned ephedrine. High blood pressure and ephedrine are a very dangerous combination.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

With that out of the way - if you want to lose fat fast - you need a steep caloric deficit. Talk to your doctor and see if he thinks you're healthy enough to go on a PSMF diet. If he does I reccomend Lyle McDonald's "Rapid Fat Loss".
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 301/299/220

Height: 5'5"

Weight Maintenance Calculator - Women
Weight Maintenance Calculator for Women. Curious as to how many calories you need to maintain your current weight? Try this calculator to find out.

Height in feet: 5 inches: 4
(Note: You must enter a number in the inches box. If you are exactly 5 ft. or 6 ft., enter "0.")
Weight in pounds: 301
Activity level (choose): Lightly Active
Calories per day needed to maintain current weight: 2,783

WHAT IM ACTUALLY CONSUMING EVERY DAY- 1,648
What im cutting out WEEKLY 8,400 calories per week
mmaldonado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

why are you yelling. ive lost 135-136lbs on low cal so yea it can be done. i do not know about diurectics or why you'd need them, low cal alone works fine and its good with exercise too. you do not need pills unless for some other health reason
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #6  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Remember, diet for weight loss, exercise for fitness.

As for me? I started out at 360 pounds.

At first I concentrated on healthier foods in general, then watched my portions. Eating healthy in the right amounts was key for me. I'm currently averaging a one pound loss per week. Doesn't sound like much, does it? But I have no control over how fast it comes off, all I can control is how well I take care of myself.

Relying on diuretics does not improve fat loss (which is your ultimate goal, correct?), and unless prescribed by a doctor for medical reasons, is an unhealthy approach. You shouldn't rely on pills for weight loss period unless recommended by a doctor that's closely monitoring you.

Focus on being healthy, trust the process, and don't sweat how long it takes. The time is going to pass regardless. Do not rely on the scale for encouragement, because the scale is a fickle tool that will make you question your efforts. Instead, make a commitment to your health and let your encouragement come from making choices you can feel good about every single day.

Last edited by Elladorine; 03-16-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
healthy amounts of diuretic pills and lost weight
You do not need to take diuretics to lose weight.

I started out at 298 pounds years ago. All I did was change one meal to a healthier meal and started walking 10,000 steps a day. In a few months, I was 275. After that I really started to "diet." I was following WW which was giving me calorie ranges like 1500-2000 depending on the day. I started doing Leslie Sansone WATP 1 mile for weeks. I slowly ramped it up to 2 miles, and so on. I also added strength training. I lost 60 more pounds in six months. So walking can give you results. Although I wouldn't worry so much about the incline at first. Weight loss isn't a race!

Also if you have knee issues, check out the book called Rehab your knees. Walking is one of the best forms of exercise for someone with bad knees. But I think the incline could make it worse at first before you build your knee muscles up.

You'll want to aim to lose 4-8 pounds a month for healthy weight loss. Are you tracking somewhere like my fitness pal, sparkpeople, loseit, etc? If you binge, I recommend reading Full-Filled. Another great book is Beck Diet Solution. I really feel like using some of the tips in these books helps me a lot!

Some people lose better with higher calories (still giving a deficit). So you may want to tweak your calories about 100-200 and see if you get better results. Try getting a pedometer and walking 10,000 steps a day! Then increase it!

Last edited by Daimere; 03-16-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote