3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   You Know You're Diet Obsessed When... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/277298-you-know-youre-diet-obsessed-when.html)

Garnet2727 03-09-2013 08:18 PM

You Know You're Diet Obsessed When...

...you're in pain, your doctor has advised you numerous times that when you feel this kind of pain to take a pain pill, yet you resist doing so because tomorrow is weigh in day and if you take the pain pill, you won't poop properly in the morning.

Next?

novangel 03-09-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet2727 (Post 4661746)
...you're in pain, your doctor has advised you numerous times that when you feel this kind of pain to take a pain pill, yet you resist doing so because tomorrow is weigh in day and if you take the pain pill, you won't poop properly in the morning.

Next?

:lol: I wish I was that dedicated.

dstalksalot 03-09-2013 09:29 PM

.....do strange and complex calculations for one chocolate chip, one once of juice and three and a half mini bell peppers.

.....calculate goal weight BMI calories

.....estimate weight loss end times based on current loss trends.

gailr42 03-09-2013 10:05 PM

Too funny, but yes, yes and yes.

IanG 03-09-2013 11:09 PM

I hope I get like that!

mandypandy2246 03-10-2013 12:24 AM

weighed yourself in the morning, had a bowel movement, and then WEIGHED AGAIN! (it never changes though!).

amandie 03-10-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 (Post 4661957)
weighed yourself in the morning, had a bowel movement, and then WEIGHED AGAIN! (it never changes though!).

This is me! Sometimes it does.

Garnet2727 03-10-2013 09:34 AM

I weigh in the morning after I've pooped and peed, and before my shower. Sometimes, my bladder isn't completely empty and I'll pee again after I get out of shower. Guess who weighs again after that second pee? :dizzy:

TripSwitch 03-10-2013 09:47 AM

.... you start putting numbers into BMI calculators based on how tall you are in really, really high heels... and actually start to think to yourself "Hey, now... that doesn't look so bad..." :)

amandie 03-10-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripSwitch (Post 4662145)
.... you start putting numbers into BMI calculators based on how tall you are in really, really high heels... and actually start to think to yourself "Hey, now... that doesn't look so bad..." :)

:rofl: I think I need to do that too!!

AmmoGirl 03-10-2013 10:27 PM

When you are googling the same weightloss stuff as in something will change in the next 20 min. That will magically make you lose weight fast and easier.

LockItUp 03-10-2013 11:32 PM

...you know what any height's BMI range is for Normal, Overweight, and Obese JUST IN CASE one day you find out you are a different height and need to speedily figure out where you are.

Just me? Shoot!

amilli79 03-14-2013 07:45 PM

For my fellow Weight Watchers...or anybody who understands! :dizzy:

...when you look at your friend's food, and calculate her points in your head.

kayin 03-14-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstalksalot (Post 4661814)

.....estimate weight loss end times based on current loss trends.

Not to make you more obsessed, but there is a calculator called Losertown where you input your stats and your average calorie intake and it will show a list of where your weight loss will be each week for the next 2 years.

I'm trying to keep up with or beat my losertown predictions!

Garnet2727 03-14-2013 08:29 PM

I had to check out that site!

OK, you know you're weight loss obsessed when you have an excel spreadsheet that calculates starting weight, actual loss/gain and projected loss for each week AND another spreadsheet where you track your daily weigh ins not only with formulas but with monthly charts.

Rhiko 03-14-2013 11:16 PM

...you know your body isn't handling your exercise regime but you keep going anyway hoping that the exercise you do will shed the weight on your days off --the ones you have to take to stop your body from falling in exhaustion.

After speaking to the doc and getting told to slow down, I went out and did a hardcore work out anyway and almost passed out...I learned my lesson and now I'm slowing down, starting today. Once my shoulder/back muscle stops hurting, I'll try again and slow down.

newleaf123 03-15-2013 06:54 AM

You hold your breath in hopeful anticipation when you step on the scale. Then you wonder if the breath trapped in your lungs is causing a rise on the scale.

Amarantha2 03-15-2013 08:36 AM

Lol, you have wondered for three years what the plate they put in your arm after an accident weighs.

You grow your hair long but keep trying to figure out how much all that hair weighs.

MzJuicyD 03-15-2013 08:57 AM

Two things happened recently that made me realize that i've turned into a fitness and nutrition junkie

1) I was watching an episode of Beyond Scared Straight and they were putting these kids through boot camp and I was thinking of how much I wish I was there to do the exercises lol

2) I was in line at the grocery store and the lady in front of me had a basket full of fresh produce and I had to fight the urge to hug her lol

My name is Danielle and I'm addicted to health and nutrition! lol

joefla70 03-15-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MzJuicyD (Post 4668896)

My name is Danielle and I'm addicted to health and nutrition! lol

Hi Danielle! :)

elvislover324 03-15-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newleaf123 (Post 4668793)
You hold your breath in hopeful anticipation when you step on the scale. Then you wonder if the breath trapped in your lungs is causing a rise on the scale.

This made me giggle, I so do this!! And I think about the people that take pictures of their scale, doesn't it add pressure when they lean over to snap the pic? So funny!

krampus 03-15-2013 11:32 AM

...you're not even trying to lose weight but post on 3FC dozens of times a day...

Silverfire 03-15-2013 11:54 AM

You used to dread trying to talk to friends who have managed to get in shape and lose weight a long time ago, now you can't wait to see them and talk about everything! lol (This happened to me last night actually)

MzJuicyD 03-15-2013 12:39 PM

I get excited about my morning BMs and when it doesn't happen I freak out lol