Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/208/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Letter to myself...

“Dear M,( that’s me)

I am you conscience. I know I have been quiet lately , but it’s time for me to speak up. I really think that this is your “rock bottom”.
I have been so proud of you last year, you lost 65 lbs, you were healthier, your face was glowing, you were on track to achieve your goal of losing 110 lbs.
Then, you stopped. You gained 40 lbs back… You stopped taking care of yourself, you stopped eating healthy. Your bingeing gradually increased and you really went overboard this month. I am not even going to tell you how bad it is , you know already.
And I already heard all your excuses: the cancer scare, missing your parents, hectic lifestyle, depression . These are just excuses… I know you can do better than this…
You don’t need a bucket list, I know you don’t like bungee jumping , dangerous adventures and travelling around the world is not an option right now. But you can start with small steps: put on a face cream each evening, shave your legs more often , dress nicely, buy some new shoes, go have a haircut. And above all, take care of your body, eat healthy and try to exercise more. I will be here for you all the way and you know you can count on your husband and kids. You just have to try more…
And I know you used to visit 3FC every day last year… It was your rock and balance… You need to start reading the posts again… You like Kaplods and Artic Mama, you agree with everything that JohnP says ( he is smart, don’t you think?) and believe me , right now you need all the support you can get… Wake up, please…
Don't forget to change your signature... It's time to face the truth

Take care and I’ll check on you later.
C”

PS: Sorry about the language mistakes, my conscience is ESL, just like me...
chrismon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Great letter! Keep trying.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back, and great letter. Not beating yourself up -- more of a pep talk. The good news is that you KNOW you can do this. And you're definitely not alone in starting over. If I had a million dollars for every time I'd started over, I'd be richer than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet combined!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Great letter! Thanks for sharing your struggles. And for the reminder to do self care. I do find that its all related - if I force myself to self care for myself (shave, do my hair, etc.) I'm more inclined to eat right and vice versa. We need to remind ourselves we are worth it ... and if we don't feel that way we at least need to "fake it til we make it" and treat our bodies like we are worth it.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 313/262/140?

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, and don't beat yourself, up. Try to save that energy for helping yourself. The letter was great! Good for you!
Dona Quixote 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #7  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Good letter! Thanks for sharing.