3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Birthday's next week... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/276186-birthdays-next-week.html)

mimsyborogoves 02-21-2013 03:14 PM

Birthday's next week...

And I have a planned cheat for it but I have no idea what I want to do. I've been really good about staying on plan all month, so I figure one good "wild night" would do me just fine, lol.

If it was your birthday, what would you do to make it worth it??

alaskanlaughter 02-21-2013 03:27 PM

for my birthday, i always go out to dinner with my husband....it's one of the rare times we spend just by ourselves without the kids...i eat whatever i want when i'm out at dinner but it's not a planned "cheat" or anything, just enjoying a good dinner out because we so rarely go out to dinner these days....and if the weather's nice, we'll go for a walk downtown after dinner (but it usually rains up here lol)

krampus 02-21-2013 03:54 PM

Think about what you are CRAVING - doesn't have to be bad for you per se - and eat WHATEVER YOU WANT for dinner/lunch/whatever.

Vex 02-21-2013 05:49 PM

re:

I'd take the day off and sleep all freaking day. :)

berryblondeboys 02-21-2013 06:37 PM

Well, my last two birthdays I've done squat. My choice. My birthday is 2 weeks before Christmas and well, I knew (and it was true) that they entire month was already going to be bad, so why add a dinner out to add more to the load? (my husband's birthday is in there too and more stuff to celebrate with food too).

Then, Feb. 14th is a special anniversary for DH and I (coincidental, not planned that way) and by that time, I'm thoroughly on plan and the last thing I want to do is to get derailed a bit. So... we haven't celebrated that either.

For me, to be worth a cheat, it has to be REALLLLLLLLY good food. And, something I feel I'm missing. And, if I'm going to go out, I will have a meal that is worth going out for. I'll even split a dessert and get a cappuccino.

I'm old though. You're young. Maybe for your having a drink whatever you want (but please have someone with you you can trust to not drink too much). It's a DAY... enjoy it!!!

PreciousMissy 02-21-2013 06:43 PM

Well, if it were me, and I were going to indulge, I'd pick the best restaurant my $$ could afford. Eating a doughnut on on my birthday just because I haven't had one in a while wouldn't be worth it, but creme brulee at a top notch restaurant...yup, that's worth it!

Robin41 02-21-2013 06:46 PM

I'd go out with my husband and order the healthiest thing on the menu. It's the getting dressed up and having somebody else cook that is fun for me and sitting there comfortably in a size 6 dress in a booth that I wouldn't have fit into a couple of years ago.

You can make it an event without making it all about the food.

lunarsongbird 02-21-2013 06:54 PM

My birthday is tomorrow and I'm having bacon dusted onion rings. Don't know what they are, but they sound heavenly... LOL

Robin- Also...WOW...What an inspiration!

Fatness 02-21-2013 07:30 PM

I agree with Krampus! Go for everything you have been carving!

All those goodies you say NO to on you plan!

Happy B day

wannaskipandlaugh 02-21-2013 07:47 PM

Gosh... I would go out to a play, dancing, ballet, movie, sporting event, cool touristy thing, hotel stay over maybe??? Something out of the ordinary that was special...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

olehcat 02-21-2013 07:48 PM

Yup, I know I always have my birthday as an "off plan" day. I eat whatever I'm craving and I have cake for breakfast. It's awesome. I don't stuff myself to capacity, but I enjoy the day.

April Snow 02-21-2013 08:37 PM

I would indulge a bit but not go completely crazy. A nice dinner out and ordering what I want, but also paying attention to how much I'm eating, and eating enough to be satisfied, not stuffed.

And if you plan to drink, maybe ask your friends to help you stay in control with food? It's not that I object to indulging on food, but if you are tipsy and just eating because your inhibitions are lower, you aren't going to really enjoy it as much, so it's kind of a waste.

HungryHungryHippo 02-22-2013 12:00 AM

Shellfish and wine.

HungryHungryHippo 02-22-2013 12:01 AM

BTW, I love your new pic!!

Arctic Mama 02-22-2013 12:04 AM

I wouldn't go crazy on my birthday, but that's me. I've been at this long enough that I know planned splurges (with off plan foods, anyway) tend to be a much bigger hurdle for me than is worth the mental energy. But I likely would go to my favorite restaurant and eat decadent amounts of on plan food until I was satisfied. Indulging a craving for something not on plan doesn't work for me, though. I end up feeling worse than I started.