Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #16  
I'm on my way!

Hey you all....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!

Kat I bawled my eyes out too reading that! It don't take much for me ever since I had my son! Especially when I was pregnant...that was the time that song came out butterfly kisses...every time I heard it on the way to work I bawled my eyes out!

Barb...sounds like you have everything under control! We are going on vacation the week of June 15th. We will stop in Rhode Island at my parent's house and then head to Cape Cod for 4 days then back to my parents for the weekend. My mom doesn't get to see my son to often so I figured we would go to the Cape since I haven't been there for years!! Its only about and hour or two from my mom's. John wants to go to Jamaica or somewhere like that but I'm not ready to leave my baby for a week yet!! Maybe next year or the 10 years after that!! LOL

Tracy....refresh my memory...how old? My guy will be 3 in September...on the 11th actually! When he has a melt down I just have to ignore him. Sometimes its hard because he goes on and on but eventually he realizes mommy isn't playing his game and he comes over and is pleasant again. If I give him a drink or food he doesn't want he throws his little fit so I leave it on the coffee table or counter and when he is ready he can get it himself which he usually ends up doing. Its awful sometimes...but then I think to myself what if something happened to him...I would be wishing he was here to throw his little tantrum...then my eyes fill up with tears! I'm too much of a softee when it comes to him!

Thin hope you had a good time at the BBQ~

Mary I was in chat for about 1 minute then had to run and give the boy some attention. He was sick. He has pink eye and a cold! I'll try again next time!

2Cute hurry back! Hope you are enjoying your day. John is like that when it comes to his dad. He has a large family and whenever there is a holiday sometimes two of them will have a dinner but he always goes where his dad is going to be because he doesn't know if he will make it to the next holiday. He had a major stroke about 10 years ago...

Lori can you come clean my house today? Its a disaster! I have a little whirlwind here that tends to become a cyclone at times!

Tina...I want to come meet you too...we really need to get something together that we can meet halfway! A bunch of us...

Ok ladies...I have to go back to bed...I am dreadfully ill today....I have had a sore throat since I woke up this morning and a fever...first I'm freezing then I'm seating like a stuffed pig...my ears hurt when I swallow, my head is pounding...and TOM started this morning. I am a MESS!!! Andrew and I slept from 1:45 to 5:45 today....lucky for me John is home from work and can watch the little guy!

TTFN Love you all! Michelle
Old 05-11-2003, 06:35 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

Michelle, I hope you feel better real soon! BTW...Butterfly kisses?? Need I say more? Oh! The movie "Father of the Bride?" Well, I cry at everything, including that, but my husband??? Big tough guy, reduced to a blubbering mess...don't tell him I told you!

Well, I only popped in a quick visit, on my way to the bathroom. I have been having a wonderful day, outside, digging in the dirt. I filled 3 planters with flowers, cleaned out and replanted a section of flower bed, and if the weather holds out, I'm heading back out there to put in the azalea bush my sweetie bought me yesterday. He made us a sumptuous breakfast this morning, keeping within my eating plan...meaning no French Toast, pancakes, hash browns...We had omelets and bacon, OJ and coffee. I hear him clattering around the kitchen now, making dinner...oh yeah, he's a keeper! All in all, it's been a great day. Ihope each and every one of yours has been just as nice!

Gotta run, I guess dinner's ready!
Old 05-11-2003, 06:35 PM   #18  
Progress..not perfection

Talking My dh is the best!

Nope, not a dozen roses....nope not jewels.....not even a week long cruise. He gave me some much needed advice and that's all I really needed.

I've been lamenting for days about this weight loss thing. I can't understand why I do really really well for about 5 or 6 days, then go off program for 2 or 3, then get back on and back off again.... Why can't I stay focused? I don't think it's a matter of just cravings, or going back to old eating habits, because it never lasts more than a couple of days. In the past when I've went off track, it would last for days, weeks....sometimes years and I would end up having to lose all the weight again and then some. This time is definitely different. I'm not eating enough to gain weight...just enough to stay the same. So I talked to Ron about all this and he said, "You know why you're doing this? It's because you're satisfied." Of course, I busted out laughing. What do you mean....satisfied? Then he said, "Well, think about it.....say perhaps, you started out weighing 295 lbs and you had lost down to 270. With 295 only being your highest...losing only 25 would just have started the ball rolling. But, you started out 350 roughly and you're now at 270. That's 80 lbs gone and so much has changed. You can wear all the clothes in your closet....most of what you have is actually too big now. You can walk and walk and walk without getting winded....nowadays, I have to try and keep up with you. You don't feel like people are staring at you all the time. You've become more assertive and you've changed alot with just losing those 80 lbs. You feel so different from the way you felt when you were 350 and you've become complacent." And the more I thought about it.....the more I have to admit it. Dog gone it! He's right! No, a big part of me is NOT happy weighing 270. Some people would actually be horrified at that weight. I believe that is actually the point that Sara started at. I think because I am so much more confident in the way I look now, than the way I looked before, I have become complacent. He also said that the minute I think I might be gaining, that I get back on the stick. I don't want it to be this way though. I can say...in all honesty, I KNOW I will never weigh 300 lbs. again. I just know that.....don't ask me how, I just know it. I will NEVER get to that point again. I will always be active and will never eat the way I used to. I'll not live with that sick bloated feeling ever again. But I'll also not be satisfied with weighing 270 lbs forever either. Can any of you understand what I'm saying? I mean, for instance.....today I am wearing an outfit that used to, whenever I would wash it, I would have to stretch it while it was wet (pants & shirt) and let it hang dry and it still was a little snug. Today, I pulled it freshly out of the dryer and put it on and it is actually big on me. Believe it or not, 80 lbs. does make a big difference.

I do have one thing to admit though....I can't do this on my own. As much as I enjoy going to weigh at the mall with my friend, it is just not enough...not to mention, that she is not a very good influence on me, because she is constantly going off program and likes to make me her "partner in crime." I think it's time to bite the bullet and go back to WW. I believe that's the only choice I have to get the rest of this weight off and do it the right way. Let me know what you think.

Once again, you guys are the best and I'm so glad I have you in my life. I truly love you ALL.

Last edited by QueenB; 05-11-2003 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:48 PM   #19  
a work in progress...

Oh, it's me again...every time I go to the bathroom, I have to pass the computer room...it calls out to me, I swear!

Tina, Tina, Tina...I know exactly what you're saying! What a wise man your husband is...very perceptive. You have accomplished an amazing feat! If I had been diligent about this weight loss business since I started here, (1 year, 4 months and 11 days ago) I could have lost that too. But I wasn't and I didn't. You have done something that each and everyone of us here wants to do. You should be proud as he** of yourself...and yes, with that comes complacency. When you started, did you ever in a million years think that you could lose 80 lbs? If you're anything like me, I can't fathom that...which, now that I think of it may be just what my problem is! Sara "got it." She was so focused on her goal, she let nothing get in her way, and she did it! In what, a year? We all have the power within us. It's a matter of focusing on the goal, harnessing that power, and never letting the goal out of our sight. We can do this!! Each and every one of us....

Geez, I got off on a rant there... Back to you, Tina. Start "again." Make this Phase 2. This is your starting point...give it your all, like we all do at the beginning of every new diet. You are such an inspiration to all of us. Your honesty and your humor and your compassion are such bright spots on this thread. I know you will reach your goal.

And now, I have to go get ready to join Barb on the couch for "Survivor." Yes, I confess...I am a Survivor Junkie too! We could have been talking trash this whole time if I knew you liked it too, Barb! Who do you want to see win? I'd like to see Matt the Weirdo win it. This was a lousy group, wasn't it? Okay, I could go on and on. I'm going, I'm going...

Once again, Happy Mother's Day to all!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-11-2003 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:17 PM   #20  

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL
Old 05-11-2003, 09:10 PM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

Hey guys I exercised today???
Old 05-11-2003, 09:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Happy Mothers Day everyone! Wow, I certainly missed alot this weekend. Too much for me to reply to so I'm not even going to try. Hubby and I went to Outback on Friday. I did pretty well. Instead of ordering a fatty appetizer like I used to, I got a salad. I only ate 1 small piece of bread and that was without butter. I also had a diet coke instead of a high calorie alcohlic drink. For dinner, I ordered the Alice Spring chicken, which is a chicken breast smothered in mushrooms, bacon and cheddar cheese. It also came with french fries. Maybe a little fattening, but I only ate half of it so I consider the entire meal a success. I know I'll be posting another loss tomorrow. Well, hope everyone had a great day.
Steph
Old 05-11-2003, 11:36 PM   #23  

Default I'm Baaaaaaack!

Just checking in to let you all know that I didn't get blown away in the wind ! We had wind gusts up to 53 miles an hour here all day today, and off and on, the wind is still howling this time of night! You know it's bad when wrought iron patio furniture gets blown to pieces!

Tina, you should be PROUD of that loss you have accomplished! You are a true inspiration, and I know exactly where you are coming from!

Here is a neat poem that I got in my email today that I would love to share with all of you, especially you "kitty mommies":

A Mother's Day Poem...from the cat

Having fun with yarn and string,
Leaving fur on everything,
Purring when I get a treat,
Always landing on my feet

Posing on a windowsill,
Staring like Iwant to kill,
Leaping with both skill and grace,
Acting like I own the place

Playing with your rolled up socks
Visiting the litterbox,
Seeing just who I can ignore,
Deciding who is the biggest bore

Taking naps on top of you.... these are the things I love to do

HAPPY "MEOW"THERS DAY
Old 05-12-2003, 01:12 AM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry I'm back too. LOL

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!!
I can't believe I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day when I wrote at 2am last night.

Lori... I agree with you... my 4 legged babies are VERY IMPORTANT to me too.

Sandy... I got a kick out of your statement about the "family dinner ... even if it kills us" LOL

Barb... I used to watch Trading Spaces all the time. I just got too frustrated when a few of those decorators seemed to go out of their way to do the direct opposite of what people asked them NOT to do. I like Designers Challenge I think. LOL Three designers compete for a redecorating job. I like to see the different ideas they each come up with. Then I skip to the end usually to see the final product. LOL

LoseForLife/Lynne... what a lovely wedding photo !!!! What a lovely bride you were.
Do you have anymore wedding photos ??

Kat... isn't it great how the cravings leave when you leave the high carb foods alone. I have some recipes I will share with you. Do you have a sweet tooth or are you more of a bread and butter kind of eater?? CONGRATS on leaving that popcorn alone. I often take my own macadamia nuts or SF/LC candy bar. BUT usually I don't eat anything. I read an artilce the other day that added a lot of choices of fruits that do not effect the LC plan negatively. I will try to find it for you. But remember berries are a good choice for LC plans.

Tracey... Thank you for your congrats on my new pant size. Thanks to everyone who commented. I loved your description of "dancing with the broom" I am a true believer in "attitude is everything" and dancing with the broom is definitely a positive attitude about a no positive activity. LOL
I too LOVE garage sales !!!! I am NEED to have one NOW. I have tooooo much junk.

Tina... Your BABY getting a JOB !! Doesn't that make you feel ... OLD !!! LOL
One nice thing about him being only 15 is that there are laws that prevent them from giving him too many hours.
I LOVE you cartoon. That was toooo funny !!!
And as far as going back to Weight Watchers go.... don't you remember what I wrote you on April 26th...thread # 322
Quote:
Tina..GET BACK TO Weight Watchers !!!! You tried stopping before and struggled then too. It is worth the money. How many times have we said "I would pay a million dollars if someone could just make me skinny". Well... you are on your way girl.... don't mess it up now. You are making a great new start.
Deon... CONGRATULATIONS on your 29 lbs !!!!!

Thin..."Skinny people sex" ... is that anything like "young people sex? "
Thank your for getting our little chat room set up for us. We all appreciate you.

Mary... Japanese Red Maple ... is that anything like my October Glory Red Maple?? I have two gorgeous Red Maple trees... one in the front and one in the back. I also have about 25 more trees too of all types.
I am sooo proud of you exercising today. WAY TO GO !!!

Sara... I MISS YOU !!! How is your web site and book going???

Jen..I am soooo happy you get to come back to Boise on May 20th !!!!
How long will you be staying?

Michelle.. How is Andrew ??? My brother got pink eye when I was a tot and my aunt and uncle took care of me for like a month back then to prevent me from getting it. They tell me that they spoiled me rotten.
Duckie...WOW !!!! 49 lbs gone forever !!!! CONGRATS !!!

Steph... You did a great job at Outback. I get that all the time but substitute veggies for the fries. Mmmm good. Give it a try next time. I used to NEVER order veggies over potatoes.

Amanda and Aradia... I have notes by your names... but I can't read them.
Just know I am glad you are all here.
Brunissen/PSM... we haven't seen you in a long time. Are you still lurking???

Okay... I think I got everyone... but since I missed 65+ posts it is a real possibility that I missed a few. Please forgive me if I missed you.

okay... I had a wonderful day today. I am so happy I decided to go back to see my mom. I don't think she expected to see me again so soon so it was a nice surprise for her.
I am going now. Hope everyone starts this new week off with a BANG !!!!
ENTHUSIASM is a great Monday Morning Motivator !!!!!
Get excited about your new life. Not "when you get thin" life... but your TODAY life.
Be enthusiastic about your exercise... your good food choices... your new way to cope with life rather than eat thru life.
LETS GO FOR IT !!!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 07:21 AM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning all

First let me ask a little favor. Would you say a little prayer for my sister, she is having surgery today and i won't be able to be with her.

It was 55 last night so nice we opened the windows slept like a log.

Tina the cartoon was great. Aren't you honored.

Son seems to be liking his job. Brother went off on his third run to the west coast so all is well there.

A Japanese red Maple is a small type of maple it doesn't get reaal big and is kind of wispy. They are reaal pretty. My garden is looking real good the cucumbers are up.

Hope all of you have a great day. Sorry I missed posting individually but today is work day and I want to get in a little exercise.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:30 AM   #26  
**No Excuses**

Angry Trying to Catch up

Hey gals. Just wanted ya'll to know I'm still here, going to spend the few hours trying to catch up with everyone. I hope you all are doing well. Me i'm good. Had a great NSV yesterday, was able to fit into a top that was bought for me 2 years ago! WOOHOO. Talk about a wonderful mothers day gift. Well I'll catch up and if I run out of time, I have to be at work soon, I'll respond tonight. Have my note bad here to jot down notes, lol. Hope all is doing well.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:41 AM   #27  
Beauty is within...

Wow, I don't know how I'm supposed to keep up!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I got to share it with my big boy and new baby girl.

Last few days have been totally blah, and I'm gonna have to walk half way across Australia to make up for all the food I've eaten!!

This Baylee person sounds like a real character. I'm surprised she hasn't been banned already. This site is for people to receive support and encouragement in a non-biased atmosphere. Anyone who has ANYTHING bad to say to ANYONE needs to take their crap elsewhere.

I'll catch up more tomorrow.

Nighty night!

Old 05-12-2003, 09:59 AM   #28  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals!
I hope everyone's Monday is off to a good start. I'm at work, but figured I'd goof off for a minute and try to catch up with my cyber family. I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked last night because I was a complete couch potato from 8-11 watching Survivor!!! I'm off to a good start today and determined to eat well and get in my exercise today.

Michelle - sounds like a nice vacation you have planned for next month. We were actually in Jamacia last year --- we were on a cruise that stopped their for a day and we took a jeep tour of the island. It was a great time. I hope you get there one of these days!

Kat - Sounds like you had your green thumb in action yesterday. What did you think about Survivor. I loved that Jenna won the immunity challenges and really mixed things up for the men. I thought it was a really good show. And, how good did Matt look at the reunion. Boy -- much better than during the show. Since we didn't get to talk about this one --- we'll have Survivor - Pearl Islands in the fall!

Tina - I do understand what you mean about being "satisfied" - I've been there before. 80 pounds is an incredible loss!! If you can accomplish that you can keep going.....

Well, darn it, just when I thought I'd be able to catch up with everyone things are getting hectic... I'll try to come back at lunch.
Barb
Old 05-12-2003, 10:11 AM   #29  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Good morning ladies!

Well, first things first.....

SANDY! Where in the crap are you woman?! Just posting "Happy Mother's Day" is not enough! Get your hind end in here! Ok, enough yelling for now. Truly though, I did miss you yesterday but I figured you were having a fun filled Mother's Day...better hear from you today though!

Lynne:
Quote:
Last few days have been totally blah, and I'm gonna have to walk half way across Australia to make up for all the food I've eaten!!
Boy, do I know about that! Well, to be truthful, I haven't done all that bad...just could have made better choices. Try not to get overwhelmed with the thread moving quickly....it does that sometimes, and then sometimes moves very slowly...you'll get used to us in no time!

Aradia: Isn't that a nice feeling? I love wearing something that I haven't been able to wear in awhile. My Mom bought me some sweaters for Christmas about 3 years ago that I just loved, but couldn't wear. How nice it was to pull them out this last winter and they were actually loose on me!

Mary: Glad you found a place for that beautiful tree....I'm sure it will be fine. I will be sure to say a prayer for your sister today also. The bubble above Tony's head in the cartoon originally said, "He's for autographs" (about the double) but I just doctored it a little bit. Also, I am SO proud of you doing exercise!

2cute: Yes maam, Mama Hen....I do remember you telling me that I needed to get my butt back to WW, and you're right....it is worth it. I think the point it became "not worth it" was when I was handing them $12, standing on the scale and walking out the door. That is not working the program, that is just handing someone $12 to weigh you. When you work the program, it works for you. I know this and thank you for always reminding me of that. {{hugs}}

Lori: Wow! So glad you didn't get blown away last night too....it just wouldn't be the same around here without you! That must have been some strong with to blow your patio furniture apart....geez. Thank you so much for the "Kitty Mommies" poem....I loved it. I'm a cat person as well, as a matter of a fact, my kitty is about to have kitties of her own and I can't wait!

Steph: I am so majorly proud of you. You have been kicking some major butt on the weight loss front. Fantastic job eating out. I always have trouble eating at Outback and I've never tried the chicken dish you had, but it sounds pretty good.

Kat: Thanks so much for the advice. Are you still going to WW too? I think, like I said earlier....that my problem is that I wasn't "working the program". I was just going and weighing in.....to have that "accountability", but it just wasn't enough. Funds are a little short this week, but I'm thinking I will join next Monday...

Michelle: OMG sweetie....you sound like you are falling apart. {{sending chicken noodle soup, oj, aspirin and feminine supplies}} Thought you'd like that. Take care of yourself sweetie....what a horrible way to spend Mother's Day. Hope John gave you some tender loving care.

Barb: Sounds like you had a good day shopping. My hubby always says I have too many shoes, but I usually buy the cute cheap ones.....you know the ones that barely last you through the season? His are usually $50 and up. I never have gotten into Survivor, but dh always watches it. I'm more of an American Idol fanatic.

Tracy: Hey there sweetpea! I will be leaving here early Saturday morning on May 24th and will be coming back home on Monday the 26th. We will be coming down 85, and I would be absolutely stoked to meet you! I will PM you with the driving directions so we can figure out a place to meet and perhaps have lunch. I will have my dh and son in tow...hope you don't mind!

Thin: Hope you had a wonderful time at the BBQ yesterday....I bet there was lots of yummy stuff, huh? I like your idea about starting fresh.....I think that's what we all need. A new fresh start.... I know, speaking for myself, I think that's what WW will offer me. I'm definitely going back next week. I don't think you've been "offereing excuses" lately either. You've really had a lot on your plate....pardon the pun. You've had graduation, BBQ's and all different types of things...I mean, my Lord woman...we're not made of stone, you know. I'm not making excuses for you either, but it's very hard to be "good" when you're in those type of surroundings and everyone else is having what you want. Remember every day is a brand new day...fresh with no mistakes in it.

Ok.....I have now officially responded to everyone that has posted on this thread. Hello also to Lucky who I love and miss very much. Please come back and give me a few tidbits to chew on....at least a sentence. I'll even take one. But only for now.....

I'm at work today and we are a little busy, but I will go for now. I hope you all have a lovely day and I will see you when I get home!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:12 AM   #30  

Ok ladies, I have a whole book to read here to catch up. So I am printing everything and hopefully be back later today to catch up with everyone. I had such a great weekend I didnt want to come home. We went camping, way up in the sticks where there is no one else around. I want to go back soo bad. But then I wouldnt have my puter. So I couldnt talk to you gals.
Closed Thread