Weight Loss Plateau

• I hit a weight loss plateau that lasted over a week! I was starting to wonder if my scale was ever going to move. Finally, it went down two pounds this morning. I have never had a plateau last that long. All I can figure is I must have been gaining muscle since I work out everyday on an eliptical and stationary bike.
  • I don't mean to be nitpicky, but a true plateau lasts a lot longer than week. And it's unlikely you'd have gained much muscle in a week. More likely it would be water weight from the exercise. (If you check out the Fluctuations in Scale Weight and Water Weight sticky there is some excellent information on this topic.)
    That said, congratulations on breaking your stall! It sounds like you're doing great!
  • One week can still feel like a lifetime and your weight did plateau for a bit if u were used to seeing the scale move by even an ounce a day. I litterally believed my scale was broken when after 8 or 9 days of eating right and 45 mins per day of exercise I saw 129.8, then my scale let me know on around te tenth day that it was working fine when I gained over a pound. So I spent about 14 days before I lost .4. I was getting discouraged and even strayed a bit having more carbs. Funny after all the cheats, I stared dropping again. I have lost over 2 lbs this month. Just don't let it drive u insane a number of factors could be at play.
  • Experts say a plateau is 6 WEEKS without moving, anything less is just a stall.
  • Okay, let me change that from a plateau to a stall then. I'm just glad I'm past it!