My Fitness Pal-Weight in 5 weeks

• Does anyone use the "Complete this entry" button on the calorie tracker on myfitnesspal.com?

At the end of the day, it gives an estimate of what your weight will be in 5 weeks based on that days calories and exercise (i.e. net consumed after exercise). I never eat the same amount of calories a day and my exercise varies depending on the day too.

I never look ahead 5 weeks as it seems SO far away to me. But now I marked my calendar to see if it works out. (It says by March 7th I will be 213lbs which seems a bit of a reach but we'll see!)

I'd ask on MFP but their site isn't as good as this one.
  • I've switched from MFP to LoseIt! and found the caloric allowance is less on LoseIt (but closer to my doctor reccomendation). On MFP I lost, sometimes, extremely slowly...but I was pretty dedicated and active on the forums, where a lot of people said OMG I CANT BELIEVE HOW MUCH WEIGHT I'M LOSING!

I guess what I'm saying is there's no perfect plan for the world, it may work, it may not-the only way you can tell is to be pretty strict for five weeks! I usually have a cheat day once every 1-2 weeks, so that could also explain my slow success xD.

Good luck!
  • Quote:
    found the caloric allowance is less on LoseIt (but closer to my doctor reccomendation)
    My loseit! is much higher and close to my BMR + HBE than mfp.
  • I guess my question was more about people actually making the "goal" that MFP thinks you will make in 5 weeks. I'm marking my calendar so I will know if it works, I just didn't want to wait the 5 weeks!

I don't calorie count but I track my food in MFP just for getting in the habit of it. I am medically supervised right now so calories don't matter per se, just that I have the right "dose" of food a day.
  • I use MFP and I gotta tell you between that and this site. They both play big roles in why I'm losin weight. I lowered my calorie allowance because MFP wanted me to be at 1800 and I thought 1500 was fine. I started January 1st and I've lost 20 pounds.
    I do use that button, I'll be on my 5th week this week. I'm almost to that weight, but I think that's because it comes off faster in the beginning so I wouldn't count on that number all the time. Totally love that app though.
    Good luck!!
  • Angelia, I'm going to mark my calendar too! When I have a really good calorie day, I love seeing what MFP will tell me about in 5 weeks! It's nice to see the possibility is there and what could happen in 5 weeks! I'm going to put it on my task thing at work! Should be fun to foresee.
  • Thanks sassieangies!! And congrats on your 20lbs weightloss, that's amazing!!

I love MFP too and I got my husband addicted to it too!

I'd love to be at 213 in 5 weeks which is what MFP says; I can't wait to see!
  • Quote: When I have a really good calorie day, I love seeing what MFP will tell me about in 5 weeks!
    LMAO this makes me so happy too!! Depending on the day, it might be really low (but still nutritious) or adding in a great day of exercise (or if I did extra exercise to make up a day). Sometimes the faith MFP has in me and my calories is downright hilarious though!
  • I use MFP solely to record, I don't take any of its recommendations on calorie allowance, I don't consider its exercise calories accurate, I don't pay attention to the 5 week thing.
  • I totally check out the five week predictor everyday when I log. I love it, very motivating!!!!
  • Today it actually told me I would lose 10 lbs, usually says like 3 or so. But I am going to track it too just for fun.
  • I looked @ my comment from last night, with the rate I actually lose,
    I'm -10 loss by their calculations. I doubt they set those realistically.
  • I think it's decently accurate. I always try and eat as close to the same amount of calories every day. I eat approximately 1,000 calories a day and have had a lot of success thus far!
  • remember
    you have to remember that these estimates are if EVERY DAY was like TODAY. So if every day you had the same caloric intake (+keeping in mind macro levels) and you did the same amount of exercise you could lose that much. But as you said your food varies each day as does your exercise (which is completely normal of course). Some days when i eat less and do a lot of excersizee it says in 5 weeks i could way 50 kg (i currently weigh 57) and the next day it says 52.7 kg. Soo just keep that in mind, the predictions won't be accurate if your logging isn't.