3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Goal and Mini Goal Rewards...Ideas? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/274503-goal-mini-goal-rewards-ideas.html)

RavenWolf 01-29-2013 02:09 PM

Goal and Mini Goal Rewards...Ideas?

I'm looking for ideas on how to reward myself for meeting goals, mini and the Big G!

Right now, I know I want to get professional pics of myself done when I meet the Big G.

For mini goals? I have no clue! I know I do not want any food related rewards.

My next "mini goal" is to get under two hundred...which is 18 pounds away.

After that, my next mini goal is to lose enough to wear my wedding rings again. (A reward in itself! :carrot:)

What kinds of rewards do you give yourselves?

novangel 01-29-2013 02:24 PM

Buy a charm bracelet and get a new charm for every 10 (or 20) pounds lost? Swarovski makes awesome ones but that can be a bit pricey...don't know your financial situation but I'm sure someone makes more affordable ones.

I'm planning to take a vacation someday, also to get cute new clothes and accessories.

emurph 01-29-2013 03:00 PM

I buy myself things. I don't really have set rewards, but will decide as I go along.

I really want a FitBit Aria scale and since they're pricey that will probably be one of my rewards.

I have a closet full of clothes that don't look good on me, so being able to like how I look in them is a big reward I'm looking forward too.

Avezy44 01-29-2013 03:18 PM

I'm rewarding myself with 5k type activities. My first mini goal is to be 245 by the color run (March 30th) which is about 2 months away. My next goal is to be 240 by Run For Your Lives (April 13th) and then I want to be 215 by Relay for life (May 10th) and my goal is to be 180 by Warrior Dash (October 2013). I am basically rewarding myself with things that are fun and help me push myself further toward my goal. Plus they all cost money that I would never spend if I didn't think I could do it :)

coolacrity 01-29-2013 03:53 PM

Professional pictures at the big G sounds great! Actually, I like that as a mibni goal...a mini big goal if you will. Like when I get to onederland. Consider the idea stolen!

Hmm, I like the charms idea someone else had.

phinny99 01-29-2013 04:00 PM

I like the charm bracelet idea! What about new clothes? Or a spa day?

avalonmoon 01-29-2013 04:12 PM

Hi Ravenwolf, I like to buy a few items to wear the next size down as a reward..it's a great way to look good while transforming& to give myself a reward for my dedication or a set goal met. It's a far better reward than the way I used to be, rewarding myself w/ foods of high fat/calorie/sugar foods..change is good.:)

RavenWolf 01-29-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolacrity (Post 4612500)
Professional pictures at the big G sounds great! Actually, I like that as a mibni goal...a mini big goal if you will. Like when I get to onederland. Consider the idea stolen!

Hmm, I like the charms idea someone else had.

Steal away! :D I already have 3 photographers in mind to "hopefully" get mine done. They are all several hours away, so it will be a "mini-cation" as well!

Thanks for giving me such great ideas!

I'm currently training to do a 5k so I will totally look into that as a reward as well!

shcirerf 01-29-2013 11:11 PM

GET A MASSAGE!:D

Pedicure, manicure, haircut, anything where someone else waits on you and does something to make you feel pampered and beautiful!

I still have a gift certificate for a 30 minute massage. So planning on that in 2 weeks. They are awesome!:carrot::D

My latest, new running pants and new bra!

A few weeks ago, I bought new mascara. $5!

That color of nail polish you've wanted.

An odd one, with my Christmas bonus, I bought myself a new cordless drill! I'm a handy girl. It's one that can quick attach a sander, saw, etc. saving up for all the other gadgets. Will be great for building garden stuffs, and taking the legs off of my old kitchen table, sanding, painting and screw them into the new table top I have stashed.

If I still had a horse, I might buy a new saddle blanket, or a bucket of apple treats.

What ever floats your boat!

April Snow 01-29-2013 11:33 PM

I saw the idea of photos at goal on another thread and I'm definitely doing that - I have been so reluctant to get photos taken with my son (he's 8) and that's not right. But I can't bring myself to do it right now, so that is definitely a big, big reward to look forward to.

I would also like to get my closet organized. I'm hoping to purge pretty much everything I own along the way, but I'd like to get it set up properly to maximize the space and be able to keep it organized going forward.