3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Yet Another Question: Jiggly? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/274267-yet-another-question-jiggly.html)

coolacrity 01-26-2013 08:44 AM

Yet Another Question: Jiggly?

I resisted the word "Jigglypuff" in the title. But only just barely.

Friends, I have a question, and I'm hoping someone can point me somewhere with good information or something. The question is in regards to jiggly fat. But my question isn't why is my fat more jiggly now.

The thing is that my fat has ALWAYS been jiggly. Well, soft, anyway. I've always had batwings, as well as these huge creases over the tops of my arms like a baby. A jiggly baby. It was never that more solid look that most fat ladies have. Why would that be? Every time I look it up, they're always referencing someone having lost weight.

It seems moot to ask, as I've lost go much weight now, but I still want to know. I'm not taking the fact that I don't even look like most fan people very well.

schubunny 01-26-2013 09:12 AM

Anytime i lose weight my fat gets very squishy. I read somewhere its the fat breaking down and the cells are being replaced with water until they flush out and you get the wonderfull 'woosh'.

Maybe your fat was always full of a bit of water?

racrane 01-26-2013 09:16 AM

That's what's happening to me, too. Oh well, there's less of it so I'm hoping one day it will be (mostly) gone.

coolacrity 01-26-2013 11:02 AM

I have no idea. It'd be pretty nice if that were the case. Maybe?

JohnP 01-26-2013 11:29 AM

Genetics. I'm out of my wheelhouse here but when fat is not as jiggly it is because it is densely packed in under the skin. People loose some weight, the density decreases and the fat becomes more jiggly.

If your fat has always been jiggly I would speculate your skin may be more elastic than others.

On the other hand - you've just started your journey so you might find that 1 month from now that your fat is much MORE jiggly and you just didn't have a point of reference.

coolacrity 01-26-2013 01:17 PM

Elastic skin? Yessssss.

Wait, 'just started'? It's been ten months...am I still a beginner? D:

JohnP 01-26-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolacrity (Post 4608113)
Elastic skin? Yessssss.

Wait, 'just started'? It's been ten months...am I still a beginner? D:

Oh haha I just noticed you've lost a great deal more than I thought. (I was looking at the 15lbs lost ticker ...)

On the skin - again I"m only speculating - but if your fat hasn't gotten any less squishy I'd say your skin is more elastic than most.

schubunny 01-26-2013 11:58 PM

I love when mine turns squishy as I start gong back to the gym. To me squishy means progress, so enjoy thy squishyness!