3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   New Thread Threw Me Back Out of ONEderland (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/274164-new-thread-threw-me-back-out-onederland.html)

NorthernChick13 01-24-2013 07:14 PM

New Thread Threw Me Back Out of ONEderland

I decided to order a legit scale to monitor my weight loss more accurately. My cheap scale has me at a 7 pound loss (ish, since it's not digital) but the new Weight Watchers scale has me up about 5 lbs (even in comparison to the old one)

I know it's not a bad thing because loss is loss, but last week, I made it to 199!

Not the end of the world, but back to the 200's for me, for now. At least I know I will have more accurate results, and even be able to measure the smallest losses from now on.

Mozzy 01-24-2013 07:17 PM

Bummer!!
Are you sure the new scale is calibrated correctly?

Robin41 01-24-2013 07:18 PM

It's a temporary blip, but it still pretty much sucks.

NorthernChick13 01-24-2013 07:23 PM

I don't know how to calibrate a scale. My boyfriend weighed himself for me one scale, then the other (because it's not my scale) and it was a 4.7 lb difference. Is there a way to calibrate a glass scale? I imagine the new nice one is closer to the truth.

I'm not devastated...lol just pissed off. But, like my mom always says, better to be pissed off than pissed on!

gailr42 01-24-2013 10:52 PM

I bought a balance scale early on because my digital scale was driving me nuts with its inconsistency. The balance scale weighed me several pounds heavier and I was upset! Some time has passed now, and I don't even think about it any more [or weigh myself on the old scale just to fool myself - LOL.]

Ready2Lose2013 01-25-2013 07:36 AM

I had an opposite experience - I weighed myself yesterday AM on my digital scale and it put me at 215.2, but my Dr.'s office put me at 215 - AFTER I had eaten lunch and breakfast...I think the scales are all a little varied, so my advice is pick on and stick to it, regardless of what is says compared to other scales - what matters is the direction it's moving, not the specific number!

April Snow 01-25-2013 08:45 AM

I went through this before when I bought a new scale because the old one was so erratic. It wasn't right at Onederland though, that's more disappointing, of course.

I adjusted my top weight though and added the extra weight to that too, so that I could give myself credit for losing the full amount I had lost in total.

BeachBreeze2010 01-25-2013 10:18 AM

I've been through that also. It is frustrating. You want to keep those old numbers in your head - it's so hard to "give them up." Maybe just update your starting point with the new scale because I'm sure you have the same overall pounds lost. Don't let it get you down! You're still losing and making healthy choices. Now when you get to Onederland again, you'll know you're there and will probably secretly count the "extra" 5lbs from the other scale. :)

tricon7 01-25-2013 03:06 PM

I just use my same digital scales. Whether they're accurate or not, I gauge myself against its previous readings for myself as to whether I've lost or gained.