Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #1  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Default Weight issues after hysterectomy

Hey everyone,

I've been gone for quite awhile again, with family, school, and work keeping me busy. Anyway, I had a hysterectomy December 18th, and I'm having issues with my weight. Eating the same amount of calories as before the surgery, but all of my pants are tight, and my smallest pairs just plain don't fit. My weight is now up to 148, and I want to stop it, so I'm cutting calories and trying to get back on an exercise regime again--which I need anyway because I've been really dragging with no energy. I truly have no clue where I want my weight to end up. My initial goal was 135, and I got to 135.4 in early September. A very stressful semester, surgery, and the holidays has me up almost 13 pounds. I had posted a few months back about wanting to be 140 and toned instead of the original 135, but I honestly don't know. My main issue is more about getting to at least 140, getting back to feeling healthy, exercising more, eating better again, and getting away from feeling too fat for my own pants. I've come a long, long way from my HW of 263 pounds, and I never want to feel that way again. Thanks for the support!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #2  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

You've done an amazing job since you started, now just give your body a chance to heal so you can be strong and fit again. It takes a while to recover from surgery, and you are probably still carrying some water weight from the swelling. I'd say to keep doing what you are doing, and give your body some additional time to heal, and I'm sure you will see progress to get back to where you were, esp. now that you are able to start adding back in activity.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #3  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks April. My bp actually tanked so low in recovery (70/30) that they had to flood me with IV fluids to get my pressure up. A couple days after surgery I was 158.4, so I've definitely come down since then--but I still can't get over this tight pants feeling. I have a lot of loose skin after pregnancy and weight loss, and it's flabbier than ever, so I wonder if there is still extra fluid there as well. Thanks for giving me something to think about.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote