Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Right now weighing it at 153.5. At the end of TOM, so I'd like next week to have some sort of 'whoosh' involved.

With the 24 hour bug and kinda trying to get back on path with all of this, I don't really feel like I've put enough effort into dieting within the past couple of days.

Not that my calories have been wild, but they have been random and less than ideal choices. Kinda like I have been on auto pilot.

Yesterday I came in at almost 1600 calories, which was a bit sobering and sort of put me back on the straight and narrow for today.

I have certainly cut back on my water intake and will work towards bringing that back a bit today. Also, been playing around with introducing a bit of caffeine back into my system today. I sort of had an imposed detox with the illness and it's still a bit 'iffy' on my tummy, but I don't like having to avoid it in the drinks I have so I'm experimenting to see if I can put it back in without many issues.

I may not be built up to having my morning espresso yet, but I'm gonna see what I can do
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Lauren--Congrats!

Katydid77--I hope you're able to stomp that bug out quickly. All things considered, it sounds like you're not too far off track.

As I write this, I'm laying on my bed exhausted when I really should be working out. I have too much going on at both home and work this week and exercise seems what has to give. Calgon, take me away!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #153  

Happy Saturday ladies. I'm not sure where everyone has been, but I just had to check in this morning. I stepped on the scale this morning and discovered that I am less than two pounds away from my goal. I am so excited!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #154  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

^^^wohoo! Fabulous!
I have been sick, kids have been sick...now I am expecting my small woosh for the month. Story of my life! I am about 5 pounds away from my goal that may or may not be my goal. Now I just need to make some new goals. :-)
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hello, Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. We have a beautiful blue sky today, perfect for my hubby jetting around the territory today.
We've been sick, which has made me very tired and lazy. I think we're all on the mend, finally.
I had a new number on the scale, which of course I was very happy to see. 154.8 Yay, 154! I've been at 155.something for a couple of weeks.

It seems like everyone is doing pretty well! MovingForward, congrats on being so close to goal!
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #156  

CleverName and Dstalkalot--Sorry to hear you've both been sick. It takes something out of you, doesn't it?

CleverName--congrats on the 154's!

Dstalkalot--Within 5 pounds! That's great. Sounds like your whoosh, depending on how big it is, could put you very close. That's got to make scale watching very exciting right now.

I had a decent weeken, but did too much work. I did housecleaning and paperwork Friday night, yesterday and today. Ugh. I've done no exercise for a week because I've been taking a week long break. I'll have to workout tomorrow to get back with the program. I think I'll go to bed early tonight so I can wake up refreshed and rested tomorrow. I hope everyone feels better soon.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #157  

It looks like it's been a while since anybody's been here. I just thought I would check in. I'm within a pound and a half of my goal. I'm so close that I can see it, smell it and taste it. There's only one problem. While I'm getting lots of nice compliments from people, one person said my face looks gaunt and another person said that I look sick. Yikes! The gaunt and sick look is definitely not what I'm going for. I've asked a few people what they honestly thought, and nobody else says I look that way. I really want to see the magic 140 on the scale--if even for a day--but I'm not sure if I should. I may post this dilemma on another thread to get more opinions on this one.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hello? Is anyone here? Thought I'd check in, just in case.
DH and I are starting a diet tomorrow (well today, its Monday now I suppose). Pretty strict eating. I'm wanting to lose my carb and sugar cravings, or at least learn more about how and why I'm eating, and then be able to react to my desires or urges to grab something to eat.
Plus I'm also wanting to kick-start my weight loss, although I've lost almost 50 lbs since my highest pregnancy weight, and around 15 of those have been since I 'decided' to work on weight loss, I really haven't made an honest attempt at weight loss.
DH is away overnight tonight, he is a pilot, so this happens. Tonight, he is in the far north- and I mean north! He flew to Resolute, Nunavut today. Seriously, I can't get over how far north it is. I told him to say hi to Santa for me. (He's not quite that far, but pretty close!)

If anyone's reading this, how are you doing?
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #159  

Hi CleverName! I'm still here. Nobody has checked in for a while, so I assumed this thread had run its course. Good luck with the new plan! You've lost 50 pounds already, which is nothing to sneeze at. You can do this! How cool that your husband is with you on this too. It must be hard for a pilot to warch their weight. Seems like a crazy, unpredictable lifestyle unless they just fly short routes that allow them to be home everyday. And it must be rough to be a oil it's wife, especially if he is away a lot.

I'm doing fine. Depending on the day, I've been within two pounds of my goal weight for over a month now. Those last few pounds just won't give up! I'm so ready to transition to maintenance calories, but I want to see that magic number on the scale first--if even for one day. This is feeling like a plateau... Grrr... I had a plateau ten pounds ago that lasted for months. I don't really want that again. I'm now starting to wrap my head around maintenance.

It's great to hear from you. If anybody else is still out there, it would be great to hear from you too.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #160  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Im going to bump this board up, its always been my favorite. I checked in at 126.8 today! Actually, the scale went also to 126.4 and 126.2 but I always take the highest number. Almost to my goal weight of 120 but I might make my goal weight to 115 when I get there. Anyway, I am pretty happy with my results. It was sure a long road but I am finally seeing the light at the end of it.

congrats on making your goal weight moving forward!

Last edited by Stars; 04-30-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #161  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Moving Forward, just noticed you made it to your goal a cpl weeks ago.
Sorry I was absent but how amazing for you!! Gratz!!
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #162  

Stars--How awesome that you bumped this thread! I have missed it too! I think it needs a re-name perhaps though, considering that the weight range just doesn't fit. We can keep going with this one or start a new one with another name. What do you think? I am super duper impressed with your progress! Wow? I'm guessing you are just a shadow of your former self these days. I hope you are feeling great and I look forward to catching up.

Avalonmoon (aka Lotus!)--Thanks for the congrats! I kept it pretty quiet. I didn't really post in anywhere noticeable.

So yes, I am officially in maintenance. However, I haven't figured out how much to eat yet. My first week, I upped my calories and promptly gained. In retrospect, it could have been water weight. But I freaked and immediately went back to my original calorie level and have lost a few more pounds. I do not necessarily want to lose more though. This week, I am have upped my calories by about 100 and am watching the scale carefully. Who knew this would be so complicated?

If there is anyone else out there lurking that would like to jump in, please do! Everyone is welcome, regardless of what you weigh.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #163  

Is this thread only for women and girls?? Not found any post from men's side about lossing weight.
AlanOliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #164  

Stars thanks for bumping this thread. Congratulations on your progress. I am moving my goal too. Kind of a funny thing aiming for a moving target. " hit goal, yeah never mind".

Moving Forward: congratulation on hitting goal! Plus some. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress and maintenance technique. Are you increasing your cals to gain those few unintentional lost pounds or are you maintaining a new low. Just curious as I never read about that.

I have been bouncing all over the low 150's for the last month. I have found I only lose one time each month. Tiny losses last month about 2 pounds. Not sure if I should keep cals the same or be more aggressive. ( I average 1500 per day c cycling). Plus I am having trouble sticking to any activity aside from my daily walking. Even that has been difficult lately. My son was home sick so I did not walk him to school. The last little bit has been hard. I can see how woman perpetually try to lose the last 10 no matter how much they weigh.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #165  

Alan, its for any one who would like to join in the convo. There are primarily women on this forum but there are a few roosters around. There is also a " just men corner" sub forum you can check out. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/

Last edited by dstalksalot; 05-02-2013 at 09:30 AM.